Alaska Human Rights Commission - "Only If You're as Dumb as a Box of Rocks"

mauserme

https://alaskalandmine.com/landmines/state-human-rights-commission-attacks-private-citizen-for-black-rifles-matter-bumper-sticker/

State Human Rights Commission attacks private citizen for Black Rifles Matter bumper sticker

MARCH 15, 2019 BY JEFF LANDFIELD

In a now deleted Facebook post, the Alaska State Commission for Human Rights called out a private citizen on their official Facebook page for a bumper sticker on the back of his truck. Not long after, they deleted the post and made another post explaining why they did. The comments are something else.

But that is just a small part of this story. The owner of the truck, Brenton Linegar, was parked at the building to visit a client. He owns Sage Mechanical, a plumbing and refrigeration company. When he returned to his truck, he found two business cards. One of them had a message telling him not to park there any longer. This was written on the back of the card of Marti Buscaglia, the Executive Director of the Human Rights Commission. Linegar posted pictures of the business cards, the note, and a picture of the bumper sticker in a Facebook post. In just six hours the post has almost 1,000 comments and 655 shares.

However, it did not end there. I spoke with Linegar about what happened. He said about an hour after he found the cards and note he got a call from his client, who owns the building. The client had received an email from Marti Buscaglia, the Executive Director of the Commission. According to Linegar, the email implied Linegar was a racist and asked the client to please do something about Sage Mechanical. The email also accused Sage Mechanical of performing substandard work and exercising poor judgement.

-- more at link --

A short surf through the comments points out the implications of these government employees using government business cards to deliver their message.

I wonder if an attorney that specializes in First Amendment issues would find that interesting?

If the landlord of the gov business kind of threatened, his words not mine like they might move, I say let them.

Otherwise then the fellow who was getting this guys services is just as bad as the gov peeps, yes? no?

And I think everyone knows how slow moving the gov is, so it might take them years to get approved for a move to another location.

And surfing through the comments is well worth the time.

The Facebook post was only part of it. Buscaglia also wrote a note to the building manager asking him to fire Linegar's company and replace them with someone else.

The backlash from gun owners was great. It's important to be loud and proud of our Second Amendment rights when someone tries to trample on them.

People who think they can get away with that carp really don't understand how many of us there are. We need to keep reminding them that we're not going to let them infringe on *any* of our rights.

With the state of divide in this country at the present time, the wrong bumper sticker or ball cap can easily develop into a mess. I've never had a bumper sticker of any kind on my vehicles and I'm not going to start now. I don't wear ball caps either. Around our area, everyone is very civil to each other, and I like it that way.

LWW's are insane.

In addition, the "director" of human rights department is definitely a crony, so nothing will happen to him.

OK I've got to ask googling LWW acronym I thought I'd find LWW meaning something like "liberal white women" I find 7 definitions like "lion witch and wardrobe" "library without walls" "last writer wins" and a few others, nothing that seems to work.

• 1 month later...

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2019/04/09/alaska-human-rights-commission-director-resigns-over-rifle-sticker-complaint/

I read last week, Buscaglia resigned.

Gee, I wonder why :)

Being suspended for 15 working days without pay, and being ordered to write an apology letter to the trucks owner?

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/alaskan-human-rights-commissioners-resign-over-1st-2nd-amendment-scandal/

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/alaskan-human-rights-commissioners-resign-over-1st-2nd-amendment-scandal/#ixzz5m1FcnNT0

Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Marti Buscaglia resigned as head of the Commission. Two other Commissioners followed with their resignations. From ktuu.com:

So basically the two LWW's who voted against this LWW's suspension also were forced to resign. Poetic justice.

Archived