Springfield and rock river

Gator4838

I am relatively new to firearms.I know the subject can be emotional,but can you please explain the beef between Springfield armory, and the rock river armory il, affecting the firearm community in il,i, believe,in 2017,In layman's terms.I'm sure there are other members who have little knowledge of this subject.I have read a bunch of mumbo jumbo of for,and against,sb-1657.if you could give your opinions constructively,just the facts,myself and others could learn something.

Bottom line I suppose is that many felt that Springfield betrayed the gun owning community by the actions of their lobbyist (since discharged).

Some folks still have high emotions on the subject and opt to boycott their fine products. That is their right.

Personally I don't believe that any gun manufacturer, especially one trying to operate and employ many good folks right here in gun-hating Illinois, can be considered as an 'anti gun' enterprise. I own and would continue to purchase firearms sold by Springfield without a second thought. Their latest effort, the 9mm Hellcat, looks like a terrific concealed carry handgun on par with the Sig P365.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Personally, if and once I see significant efforts (I.E. lobbying and money) invested in promoting gun rights in the state of Illinois, I'd consider buying from them again. Until then, no thanks.

I could be remembering wrong, but it's my understanding from posts by Molly, Todd, etc that SA has indeed stepped up with multiple lobbyists active in Springfield doing a good job and contributing to promoting Pro2A activities.

As far a RRA goes, I believe they manufacture a number of parts for AR15 type firearms that get sold off to other makers and labeled as their own. Trying to mount an effective boycott on them while buying cheap parts elsewhere might still net you a RRA part.

Springfield might have learned from their error, and I appreciate their attempts so far at contrition. That said, I don't think they make anything themselves worth a hoot you can't get somewhere else. Their uninspiring products combined with the negligent oversight of their lobbyist allows me to confidently say "no" to them until such time I personally deem them forgiven or their past forgotten.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Personally, if and once I see significant efforts (I.E. lobbying and money) invested in promoting gun rights in the state of Illinois, I'd consider buying from them again. Until then, no thanks.

This again?

Springfield never stopped supporting gun rights and the shooting sports in Illinois.

They also encourage their employees to support pro gun political candidates and more.

Springfield and Rock River put unquestioning faith in their lobbyist at the time. It was the same sort of relationship many lobbyists have with their clients.

Their lobbyist put his clients' interests first, as lobbyists do. If he was guilty of anything, it could be argued that he didn't see the bigger picture many of us hope we all have in mind as we go about our various work.

For me it comes down to personal preference. I've always liked Rock River products. Still do. And Springfield makes a decent enough 1911.

Archived