Wait time for CCL at this point?

mathewg

Update

Applied: 1/19/2019 no prints

No movement whatsoever for 119 day

Approved: 5/17/2019

Active: 5/29/2019

135 days still haven't recieved card..... called the help line for an hour today, they never picked up...

In hand today at 3:00pm got a new foid with it too, see ya guys in 5 years when I gotta renew and deal with this state all over again....

I submitted my renewal without prints and I'm now at day 121. The state is supposed to have it to me in 120 days so they are now late and breaking their own law. Still shows "Under Review" with Inspect element still showing "SUBMITTED">Under Review.

I remember seeing someone in this forum say that they began contacting certain individuals to help push their approval through since it was now beyond what the state is legally required to have done in time. Who do you contact to help push it through?

Went Active this afternoon on day 122, submitted without prints.

I wrote my state senator and state rep yesterday on day 121, complaining that the state is breaking its own law by not approving in 120 days and requested to approve my application promptly. This morning it showed Under Review with inspect element showing "Submitted-Under Review". Then later this afternoon it went Active. So the inspect element trick doesn't seem to work anymore. Not sure if my letter had anything to do with it being active, probably just a coincidence.

New expiration date of 6/13/2024, so I got 4 months of free carry during the renewal time.

Applied 2/12/2019

Approved 6/18/2019 (around 11am, saw when i checked via inspect element)

Active 6/18/2019 (around 3PM)

-Will provide update once received in the mail

I saw another member saying that they thought the inspect element trick no longer works and just wanted to say that I believe that it does work and that the ISP might be doing same day approval and activation for those past the 120 day deadline.

Day 1, 2/11/2019: Applied for renewal without prints. Original license expired 5/5/2019.
Day 121, 6/12/2019: Wrote both State Rep and Senator asking to have license approved as state was breaking its own law not having approved within required time.
Day 122 morning, 6/13/2019: Checked ISP website in the morning, still Under Review, same for Inspect element..
Day 122 afternoon, 6/13/2019: Checked again same day later on in the afternoon, now Active.
Day 126, 6/17/2019: Received new card in mail.

It's important to note that I checked the ISP website regularly, as well as the Inspect Element trick to see if there was any movement behind the scenes on the website. Absolutely no change in status whatsoever on the website nor within the web code from Day 1 until the switch to Active on Day 122. Both the website and web code stayed stuck on "Under Review" the entire wait time. So the Inspect trick doesn't always work.

Total wait time until card in hand: 126 days, no prints.

Day 1, 2/11/2019: Applied for renewal without prints. Original license expired 5/5/2019.

Day 121, 6/12/2019: Wrote both State Rep and Senator asking to have license approved as state was breaking its own law not having approved within required time.

Day 122 morning, 6/13/2019: Checked ISP website in the morning, still Under Review, same for Inspect element..

Day 122 afternoon, 6/13/2019: Checked again same day later on in the afternoon, now Active.

It's important to note that I checked the ISP website regularly, as well as the Inspect Element trick to see if there was any movement behind the scenes on the website. Absolutely no change in status whatsoever on the website nor within the web code from Day 1 until the switch to Active on Day 122. Both the website and web code stayed stuck on "Under Review" the entire wait time. So the Inspect trick doesn't always work.

@Jawman did you get a response from the State Rep or Senator, do you think that helped?

I applied for my renewal on 3/13/2019 and as of this morning it's still "Under Review"

I am expired at this point..

The inspect element hasn’t worked since day 1

It’s just a backend code

Many times guys look one minute and it approved and that night it shows active

There is no rhyme or reason

The entirety of this thread is rife with late cards etc

And everyone without exception wants to either sue or call a rep

Since the old ccl isn’t expired what would be the rush anyways

First guy to get together 50 to 60 k and a lawyer please post here about when the lawsuit starts

Enjoy the cards fellas

@Jawman did you get a response from the State Rep or Senator, do you think that helped?

I applied for my renewal on 3/13/2019 and as of this morning it's still "Under Review"

I am expired at this point..

Yes, I did get a reply from one of the assistants who works with State Rep Sara Feigenholtz on 6/14 (1 business day after I wrote them) saying that they would follow up with their contact at the ISP, however my licensed had just been marked Active on the evening of 6/13, so I'm not sure if they did anything. But at least they responded promptly, so it doesn't hurt to write them.

Your license is still valid even upon expiration, so long as you applied for renewal before it expired. So yes your license remains active during the renewal process (renewals only, not new applicants). I printed out the ISP page to show that I applied for renewal and was waiting for the new license, and carried that in my wallet, as well as bookmarked the law on my phone in case any ignorant police officers questioned me.

Just make sure to check the site often to make sure it's still under review while you are carrying. Although rare, you don't want it to switch to "Denied" and you kept on carrying because you thought it was still under review because you hadn't checked up on the website in a while. Annoying to have to check regularly, but just my 2 cents. The state will drag its feet to do their part, but if you make a mistake due to their negligence and laziness, surely they will arrest you and prosecute you for carrying "illegally".

The long wait times are annoying, but the good thing about them is, you could apply for renewal the day before expiration, and if it takes them 4 months to approve, that's 4 months of free carry. So like Bubbacs said, what's the rush?

The long wait times are annoying, but the good thing about them is, you could apply for renewal the day before expiration, and if it takes them 4 months to approve, that's 4 months of free carry. So like Bubbacs said, what's the rush?

The governor has not signed yet, but they passed legislation to change it to 5 years from CCL expire date instead of date of issue.

@InterestedBystander I have not heard of this, and am an ISRA member and read all of their email alerts, so I must have missed that one. That is some BS. Good thing I just got my license this week and the 5 year exp date was based on starting from when it was activated (6/13/2019). Could you kindly provide a link to where I can read more on this change? If that passes, then that means most people will wait until the day before their license expires to submit a renewal, so long as license remains active during renewal period. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they also tried to change it to not being able to carry while it's in renewal.

Could you kindly provide a link to where I can read more on this change?

SB1139

http://ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1139&GAID=15&DocTypeID=SB&LegId=117540&SessionID=108&GA=101

HFA 2 added a few things to the original eavesdropping bill. 6 months to implement once enacted.

..."Provides that a concealed carry license shall be renewed for a period of 5 years from the date of expiration on the applicant's current license upon the applicant completing the necessary requirements under the Act. "...

5/27/2019 Senate Secretary's Desk - Concurrence House Amendment(s) 2

5/27/2019 Senate Placed on Calendar Order of Concurrence House Amendment(s) 2 - May 28, 2019

5/28/2019 Senate House Floor Amendment No. 2 Motion to Concur Filed with Secretary Sen. Antonio Muñoz

5/28/2019 Senate House Floor Amendment No. 2 Motion to Concur Referred to Assignments

5/29/2019 Senate House Floor Amendment No. 2 Motion to Concur Assignments Referred to Criminal Law

5/29/2019 Senate House Floor Amendment No. 2 Motion To Concur Recommended Do Adopt Criminal Law; 007-000-000

5/31/2019 Senate House Floor Amendment No. 2 Senate Concurs 058-000-000

5/31/2019 Senate Senate Concurs

5/31/2019 Senate Passed Both Houses

question about ccl app applied for foid change of address and ccl 5/7 2019 it wasnt until new foid went active on 5/25 that it gave me option to change address /report lost or stolen, My ccl status has not changed staying at under review when i checked 6/19 website is giving option to change address/reportlost/stolen checking inspect element has not changed will they give that option before card is approved?

I'm currently at 134 days, waiting on CCL (Under Review - Submitted)

February 12th: Applied for CCL without prints

May 31st: FOID Renewal applied for. FOID Expiration is 8/1/2019. I don't know what the inspect element was showing, as I didn't know about this yet.

(108 days into CCL wait)

June 13th: Found info here about checking the inspect element and CCL is showing Under Review (Submitted)

(121 days into CCL wait)

Both FOID Renewal and CCL are showing same application number. Logic tells me that the ISP system tied my FOID Renewal and CCL applications together since CCL is still showing (or reverted to) Submitted status. This seemed to be confirmed while going through the forums and seeing references to people having the same/similar issues due to renewing their FOID while waiting for CCL.

My questions are:

1 - Am I to assume that because of the FOID renewal that at least an extra 48 days could have been added to my CCL wait time?

2 - Given that I was 108 days into the CCL wait period, could one assume that the CCL investigations were complete or nearly complete?

3 - If answer to #2 is yes, why couldn't the ISP just use the same CCL investigation information towards the FOID renewal?

4 - Should I just expect that I won't see either FOID or CCL until somewhere around July 30th (168 days or later)?

May 31st: FOID Renewal applied for. FOID Expiration is 8/1/2019. I don't know what the inspect element was showing, as I didn't know about this yet.

(108 days into CCL wait)

June 13th: Found info here about checking the inspect element and CCL is showing Under Review (Submitted)

(121 days into CCL wait)

Both FOID Renewal and CCL are showing same application number. Logic tells me that the ISP system tied my FOID Renewal and CCL applications together since CCL is still showing (or reverted to) Submitted status. This seemed to be confirmed while going through the forums and seeing references to people having the same/similar issues due to renewing their FOID while waiting for CCL.

My questions are:

1 - Am I to assume that because of the FOID renewal that at least an extra 48 days could have been added to my CCL wait time?

2 - Given that I was 108 days into the CCL wait period, could one assume that the CCL investigations were complete or nearly complete?

3 - If answer to #2 is yes, why couldn't the ISP just use the same CCL investigation information towards the FOID renewal?

4 - Should I just expect that I won't see either FOID or CCL until somewhere around July 30th (168 days or later)?

Reviewing FOID card while CCL is under review will extend the time frame.

(108 days into CCL wait)
(121 days into CCL wait)
My questions are:

Done the same

CCL renewal submitted 1/12/19 expired 4/15/2019

Foid renewal submitted 5/6/19 expires 8/1/19

We will see maybe 9-10 months?

Carry on for free

Bilder

(108 days into CCL wait)
(121 days into CCL wait)
My questions are:

Done the same

CCL renewal submitted 1/12/19 expired 4/15/2019

Foid renewal submitted 5/6/19 expires 8/1/19

We will see maybe 9-10 months?

Carry on for free

Bilder

Correct me if I am wrong, but the "carry for free" thing only applies to those doing a renewal? Based on the wording I think Kurewe is a first time applicant. If the ISP are as dumb as I think they are (at least on policy) then the FOID is going to pause the CCL process. 108 into CCL, paused for the 60ish day FOID renewal, then another 30ish for CCL to finish processing. I definitely would have waited for the CCL to finish. In ANY OTHER STATE you could get a suppressor in that same time window FOR LESS MONEY in taxes and fees.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the "carry for free" thing only applies to those doing a renewal? Based on the wording I think Kurewe is a first time applicant. If the ISP are as dumb as I think they are (at least on policy) then the FOID is going to pause the CCL process. 108 into CCL, paused for the 60ish day FOID renewal, then another 30ish for CCL to finish processing. I definitely would have waited for the CCL to finish. In ANY OTHER STATE you could get a suppressor in that same time window FOR LESS MONEY in taxes and fees.

You are correct Sasquatch. I'm not renewing my CCL. I am going through initial application. I contemplated waiting to renew the FOID until I had the CCL in hand. However, not trusting the state to get me the CCL in a timely manner, I chose to not chance waiting until the last minute to renew.

Can some one explain how the inspect element works pls? Thanks

As far as I know, and the way I have been checking, is as follows...

On the "Application Summary" page, right click on the words "Under Review" and select "Inspect"

I use Chrome, so a window opens up on the right side of the page and it should be highlighted/focused on the Under Review status.

In that window, just to the left of "Under Review", it should say something like Submitted, QC_Verified or Approved.

Can some one explain how the inspect element works pls? Thanks

As far as I know, and the way I have been checking, is as follows...

On the "Application Summary" page, right click on the words "Under Review" and select "Inspect"

I use Chrome, so a window opens up on the right side of the page and it should be highlighted/focused on the Under Review status.

In that window, just to the left of "Under Review", it should say something like Submitted, QC_Verified or Approved.

Ok so what website exactly should i log into? I tried finding that section but i couldnt find it

Ohh ok i c what your saying. What if it only says under review? It doesnt say submitted or approved or anything. Why would it be different?

From what I have seen and understand, it will show something like what I described.

As you can see in this image from another post: Click here for image

If you don't see something like what you see in the image, you may be missing a step, or may want to try a different browser like Chrome.

Ohh ok i c what your saying. What if it only says under review? It doesnt say submitted or approved or anything. Why would it be different?

From what I have seen and understand, it will show something like what I described.

As you can see in this image from another post: Click here for image

If you don't see something like what you see in the image, you may be missing a step, or may want to try a different browser like Chrome.

Ok sounds great ima give it another try!

Archived