Have Illinois And Utah, What Do I Need To Get Florida?

chislinger

Going to Florida in March, would like to get a Florida CCL so I can carry there. What additional things do I need to apply for a Florida license?
Just get an application from FL dept of Agriculture, include a copy of your Illinois certificate and that's it. Get application notorized, fingerprints by law enforcement and send it in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Going to Florida in March, would like to get a Florida CCL so I can carry there. What additional things do I need to apply for a Florida license?

Just get an application from FL dept of Agriculture, include a copy of your Illinois certificate and that's it. Get application notorized, fingerprints by law enforcement and send it in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep! What Craig said!

-- Frank

Thanks! Anyone know a PD close to the north side of Chicago that's good to do the prints?

https://www.vniles.com/faq.aspx?TID=22

How do I go about getting fingerprints for employment/background? Fingerprinting is done by appointment only. You must call 847-588-6500 to schedule an appointment. The fee for fingerprinting is $25.00.

Hopefully nationwide reciprocity gets passed so you won't need it.

You know they attached the NICS fix to kill it, don't you?

• 2 weeks later...

OK I completed and paid for the online application and got fingerprinted, I'll send that in tomorrow. Hopefully it takes less than the 90 days they say to allow because that cuts it close!

I was in FL a couple of months ago and applied in person at the service center in Tampa. I was in and out in less than 30 minutes. I took a copy of my IL training certificate which they scanned and gave back to me. They did the pic and digital prints there. I applied on a Thursday morning and was shown on the web site as approved the following Monday. My license was in my mailbox that Saturday...nine days from application to license in hand. The lady that did my pic and prints told me I should receive it in 30 days or so. I'm guessing you won't come close to 90 days, even with the holidays factored in.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello - Does anyone know if you have to use the supplied fingerprint from Florida or can you use any FD-258 FBI fingerprint card?

Thanks

You must use the card that they sent you, unless you chose to travel to Florida. Then you can have them done electronically at a Sheriff's office or other designated Florida government offices. Some members have done so on vacation or business trips.

Here are excerpts from the application instructions. I bolded the first sentence in the 3rd paragraph.

FINGERPRINTS: The law requires you to submit a COMPLETE AND LEGIBLE SET OF PRINTS. Please read the included information pertaining to fingerprint submissions. Law enforcement authorities occasionally find that fingerprints are insufficiently legible for a complete background check. If this occurs with your fingerprints, we will inform you by letter and request a second fingerprint submission from you.

FINGERPRINT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS You must submit a complete and legible set of fingerprints on the FINGERPRINT CARD enclosed or by ELECTRONIC SCAN (see next page for information). If you use the enclosed card, your fingerprints must be taken at a LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY. Your local Florida county sheriff will provide fingerprinting service if requested and may charge a fee not to exceed $5. There may also be a charge associated with the fingerprint service provided by another law enforcement agency. Your fingerprint card will not be processed if: (1) the required information is not contained within the designated blocks; (2) a highlighter is used; (3) the card has been folded, creased, or damaged.

The instructions for submitting your fingerprints electronically that appear below will apply to you only if you are having your fingerprints taken by one of the county sheriffs’ offices in Florida that offer electronic fingerprinting service. You should be aware that you have the option of submitting your application for a Florida concealed weapon license at one of the Division of Licensing’s Regional Offices or at one of the authorized tax collector’s offices located throughout the State of Florida. If you choose one of these options, staff will scan your fingerprints. Information regarding both services can be found on our website at http://mylicensesite.com.

Hello - Does anyone know if you have to use the supplied fingerprint from Florida or can you use any FD-258 FBI fingerprint card?

Thanks

You must use the card that they sent you, unless you chose to travel to Florida. Then you can have them done electronically at a Sheriff's office or other designated Florida government offices. Some members have done so on vacation or business trips.

Here are excerpts from the application instructions. I bolded the first sentence in the 3rd paragraph.

FINGERPRINTS: The law requires you to submit a COMPLETE AND LEGIBLE SET OF PRINTS. Please read the included information pertaining to fingerprint submissions. Law enforcement authorities occasionally find that fingerprints are insufficiently legible for a complete background check. If this occurs with your fingerprints, we will inform you by letter and request a second fingerprint submission from you.

FINGERPRINT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS You must submit a complete and legible set of fingerprints on the FINGERPRINT CARD enclosed or by ELECTRONIC SCAN (see next page for information). If you use the enclosed card, your fingerprints must be taken at a LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY. Your local Florida county sheriff will provide fingerprinting service if requested and may charge a fee not to exceed $5. There may also be a charge associated with the fingerprint service provided by another law enforcement agency. Your fingerprint card will not be processed if: (1) the required information is not contained within the designated blocks; (2) a highlighter is used; (3) the card has been folded, creased, or damaged.

The instructions for submitting your fingerprints electronically that appear below will apply to you only if you are having your fingerprints taken by one of the county sheriffs’ offices in Florida that offer electronic fingerprinting service. You should be aware that you have the option of submitting your application for a Florida concealed weapon license at one of the Division of Licensing’s Regional Offices or at one of the authorized tax collector’s offices located throughout the State of Florida. If you choose one of these options, staff will scan your fingerprints. Information regarding both services can be found on our website at http://mylicensesite.com.

Thanks

Archived