Change to ISP CCL certificate

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,635 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

The certificate instructors issue for the CCL course no longer says:
"In addition to this certificate the applicant should submit __________ ".

The ISP has issued an updated version of the certificate changing which documents of training to be submitted. Now it reads:
The Applicant provided documentation of the prior instruction by providing a certificate from________________ (Title of prior training certificate verified by instructor).

From the ISP - With the new certificate, the CCL applicant will only need to submit that and no other proof unless they are claiming a training exemption.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 yyyz

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

Does that mean that you have to submit your DD-214 if you are claiming the first 8 hours as a DD-214 exemption?

Gfw

The Constitution is the Constitution. Our rights are not granted through it, they are protected by it.

#3 bobapunk

• Members
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

This means that everyone with counterfeit NRA Basic Pistol Certs are fine now, as long as their CCI signs an ISP certificate?

#4 spec5

Nuclear Member

• Members
  • 4,291 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

Does that mean that you have to submit your DD-214 if you are claiming the first 8 hours as a DD-214 exemption?

This is what the form says.

I verified the Applicant is an active, retired or honorably discharged member of the United States Armed Forces and should receive 8 hours of credit pursuant to Section 75(i) of the Act.

Here is the Certificate.
https://www.isp.stat...Certificate.pdf

Edited by spec5, 27 December 2013 - 05:04 PM.

NRA Member Life Member
ISRA Member
Illinois Carry
Pershing Nuclear Missile 56th Field Artillery Brigade Veteran
1/41 Field Artillary Germany

#5 Molly B.

• 14,635 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

This means that everyone with counterfeit NRA Basic Pistol Certs are fine now, as long as their CCI signs an ISP certificate?

I would hope instructors would not accept phoney certs.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#6 AuroraInstructor

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

The certificate instructors issue for the CCL course no longer says:
"In addition to this certificate the applicant should submit __________ ".

The ISP has issued an updated version of the certificate changing which documents of training to be submitted. Now it reads:
The Applicant provided documentation of the prior instruction by providing a certificate from________________ (Title of prior training certificate verified by instructor).

From the ISP - With the new certificate, the CCL applicant will only need to submit that and no other proof unless they are claiming a training exemption.

Molly... Which is a "Training Exemption?" Would that be any prior credit OTHER than a military service 8 hour credit?

http://IllinoisGunPros.com
http://facebook.com/...ealedCarryClass
State Certified Concealed Carry Trainer / NRA Certified Instructor

#7 handyflyer

• Members
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

What about those of us that have already done training? Do we now need to go back to our instructors and ask for a new certificate?

#8 Molly B.

• 14,635 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

Applicants will submit only their ISP certificate unless they are claiming total exemption from training, in which case they will have to submit the training cert that exempts them from training.

#9 Molly B.

• 14,635 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

What about those of us that have already done training? Do we now need to go back to our instructors and ask for a new certificate?

No

#10 aka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:37 PM

I doubt that. It would be major undertaking for students and instructors to reissue all the certificates.

Thank you

AKA

--------------------------------
IL CCW License Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Member
Glock Armorer

#11 oldude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

Applicants will submit only their ISP certificate unless they are claiming total exemption from training, in which case they will have to submit the training cert that exempts them from training.

And what would that be? Is there any news on the 40hr MFT?

#12 Tango7

• Members
  • 4,687 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

And what would that be? Is there any news on the 40hr MFT?

Last I heard they discounted more hours than the FCCA requires.
You will not 'rise to the occasion', you will default to your level of training - plan accordingly.

Despite their rallying around us at election time, honoring only 8 hours of Illinois' 40+ hour law enforcement class towards a 16 hour requirement shows the contempt that our elected officials hold us in.

#13 AuroraInstructor

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

So I guess this puts to rest the whole issue of 'copies of permits' versus training certificates???

#14 Molly B.

• 14,635 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

So I guess this puts to rest the whole issue of 'copies of permits' versus training certificates???

Except the certificate states the instructor verified the prior training certificates

#15 AuroraInstructor

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

Except the certificate states the instructor verified the prior training certificates

But Molly..... The certificate merely states I verified prior training. Other than this forum, where has ISP advised me that a permit is not adequate proof of training?

#16 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• Members
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

Has the online application then been updated only to accept (or ask for) a single uploaded document?

#17 spec5

Nuclear Member

• Members
  • 4,291 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

But Molly..... The certificate merely states I verified prior training. Other than this forum, where has ISP advised me that a permit is not adequate proof of training?

It does say verified prior training certificate.

The Applicant provided documentation of the prior instruction by providing a certificate from
(Title of prior training certificate verified by instructor)

Edited by spec5, 27 December 2013 - 06:36 PM.

NRA Member Life Member
ISRA Member
Illinois Carry
Pershing Nuclear Missile 56th Field Artillery Brigade Veteran
1/41 Field Artillary Germany

#18 Molly B.

• 14,635 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

The Applicant provided documentation of the prior instruction by providing a certificate from

There you go.

#19 AuroraInstructor

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

"Certificate" or "Application" (for Utah) is the same thing..... All of this gets a bit too loosey goosey for my liking. If I interpret the copy of the application for a Utah permit to be a training certificate because the Utah BCI says so, why not go one step further and accept the BCI's directive that the permit is as good as the application? This is not good.

#20 dorvinion

Still living too close to the Iron Curtain

• Members
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

So, if we have the old certificate we still need to upload our proof of prior training docs?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you,
but when you take him for a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?

#21 David59

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

ISP Website

For training completed to satisfy an out of state permit the applicant must provide evidence or the underlying training course.

Edited by David59, 27 December 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#22 David59

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

Nowhere does it now say you need to have a out of state permit just training that satisfies the requirement to get one.

https://www.isp.stat...iningCredit.pdf

Edited by David59, 27 December 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#23 WtJen

• Members
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

So, if we have the old certificate we still need to upload our proof of prior training docs?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

A very good question. Depending on how they set up the website, they may only allow one document to be submitted. If so, then the instructor's cert needs to be that one. Changes like this, when the training has been ongoing for months, makes me a bit nervous.

Edited by WtJen, 27 December 2013 - 07:47 PM.

The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.--Ayn Rand

#24 bobapunk

• Members
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

I would hope instructors would not accept phoney certs.

The counterfeits we had were really well done. One brought in a photocopy of it, and if I did not recognize the instructor's name on it, I probably would not have questioned it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

#25 whowe82

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

There you go.

Molly,

Does this mean that if my instructor verified my Utah permit that I will be able to use a scanned copy of my Utah permit?

#26 Double-J

• Members
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

I uploaded all prior training including my certification of prior "Peace Officer" Status. (Which is worth toilet paper) They can sift through whatever they want to use to accept my application. The website took 'em all and I ain't removing 'um. They can "KMA"

#27 whowe82

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

I uploaded all prior training including my certification of prior "Peace Officer" Status. (Which is worth toilet paper) They can sift through whatever they want to use to accept my application. The website took 'em all and I ain't removing 'um. They can "KMA"

I'm just wondering if I should be filing to get a copy of the red stamped Utah training cert..

#28 Molly B.

• 14,635 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

I'm just wondering if I should be filing to get a copy of the red stamped Utah training cert..

Your instructor will need to see it.

#29 whowe82

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

Your instructor will need to see it.

Sorry for asking so many questions, but once my instructor has seen and verified it, does a copy have to be sent to ISP or will just a copy of the completed Illinois Cert be enough?

#30 bobapunk

• Members
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

There you go.

Molly,

Does this mean that if my instructor verified my Utah permit that I will be able to use a scanned copy of my Utah permit?

No, you must provide proof of training completion for the instructor to review.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users