Can a minor (16) be in sole possession of ammunition if that minor is also in possession of his or her own FOID card? For example...

• A minor child borrows a parent's car (with no parent or guardian present).
  • The child gets stopped & searched.
  • The LEO discovers a loaded spare magazine in the glove box (no firearm, just a loaded magazine).

Is that an offense?

The only thing I found regarding it being unlawful for a minor to be in possession of ammunition is if they have any misdemeanor convictions for anything other than a traffic offense.

Which, by the way, would also get their FOID revoked, making possession of the ammo illegal anyway due to no longer having a FOID.

So yeah.. no non-traffic misdemeanor convictions, and valid FOID? Should be OK.

Anyone know how to get a minor their card? I went to the website. It says you have to fill out a form and call in. But there's no link to any form.

Or am I misunderstanding IL speak?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We had this question in a thread not long ago. I recall there being a form to download, have notarized, and upload. If born after 2000 must call in.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63205

Edited by InterestedBystander

Anyone know how to get a minor their card? I went to the website. It says you have to fill out a form and call in. But there's no link to any form.

Or am I misunderstanding IL speak?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProWe had this question in a thread not long ago. I recall there being a form to download, have notarized, and upload. If born after 2000 must call in.http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63205

Thank you! I couldn't find the affidavit on the isp site. Now I can get this done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro