Photo

Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

• Please log in to reply
7220 replies to this topic

#7201 lockman

• Members
  • 8,043 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 12:21 PM

I hope there’s some legal action making it through. After all how can a state force a requirement on a federal licensee to accommodate some third party that is not their customer.

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1776

Life Member NRA, ISRA,  CCRKBA, GOA, & SAF

#7202 mjw45

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 10:32 PM

OP here I still can’t believe this thread. Normally I post something and kill a thread. I almost feel dirty, that this is my legacy. I have a gift card to Walmart, guess I will have to stop in one and see if anything good is happening. Carry on. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt Wehland
Allguntraining.com NRA Firearms Instruction
Kankakee and Will County

#7203 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 13,651 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:39 AM

OP here
I still can’t believe this thread.
Normally I post something and kill a thread.
I almost feel dirty, that this is my legacy.

I have a gift card to Walmart, guess I will have to stop in one and see if anything good is happening.

Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure you need to do the Wally Walk.
The thread lives .....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#7204 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 3,974 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:40 PM

OP here I still can’t believe this thread. Normally I post something and kill a thread. I almost feel dirty, that this is my legacy. I have a gift card to Walmart, guess I will have to stop in one and see if anything good is happening. Carry on. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, this perpetually rotting carcass lies at your feet, eh?

For penance, you need to eat a Walmart rotisserie chicken.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

InX89li.jpg

#7205 Euler

• Members
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:13 AM

CNN

Last year, Dick's Sporting Goods ended the sale of semi-automatic, assault-style rifles and high-capacity magazines after a mass shooting in Parkland, Florida, killed 17 people. It also raised the age for purchasing weapons from 18 to 21.

Walmart (WMT), despite a history as a seller of hunting weapons that goes back to its origins, has also shifted its gun sales policies in response to high profile shootings. It stopped selling assault rifles in 2015 and raised its minimum gun purchasing age to 21 last year after the Parkland shooting.
The kind of gun used in Saturday's attack has not been sold at Walmart in years. But now that gun violence has hit Walmart's own stores as customers were back-to-school shopping with their kids, many are wondering whether the company will take additional steps to limit firearms sales.
Walmart does, however, already have what many gun violence prevention advocates consider strong gun safety policies that go beyond federal requirements: it doesn't sell assault weapons, it doesn't sell to people under 21, it requires background checks and it no longer sells toys that resemble assault rifles.

Even if it doesn't change its policies, many think Walmart is positioned to push lawmakers to enact tighter gun restrictions.
Walmart could also play a role in educating its customers on gun safety, said Texas Gun Sense President Ed Scruggs. Especially in rural communities, Walmart stores act as de-facto community centers that Scruggs said would make them sensible homes for education programs.
"To have Walmart join the coalition of companies working actively on this issue, making it a priority in their foundational platform would send a strong signal," [Shannon] Watts [founder of gun safety advocacy group Moms Demand Action] said. "Companies have a role to play. When lawmakers don't protect their constituents, companies have a responsibility to protect their customers."

For now, just about 36 hours after the attack, Walmart's policies remain the same, according to company spokesperson Randy Hargrove. Hargrove also pointed out that the company has provided quarterly active shooter trainings for all employees since 2015, and that all of the staff at the El Paso store that was targeted Saturday had been trained.

The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#7206 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 3,053 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:08 PM

This thread needs a new jump start.
Let’s make it the Walmart shooting thread.......
Hobart Indiana today.

https://wgntv.com/20...walmart-police/

#7207 Euler

• Members
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:49 PM

EDIT: Facebook (no login required)

The shooting was inside the store. 1 person was injured. No one died. 2 suspects are in custody, apprehended by an off-duty cop.

Edited by Euler, 01 September 2019 - 08:55 PM.

The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

#7208 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 08:19 AM

Nah -- enough of that 'news' in the news -- lets stay more focused on the important stuff --

like taking your first wally walk --

or the people of walmart --

or . . . .

picking up parts this week --

will be doin' the walk.

#7209 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 3,053 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:17 AM

You have to realize that The Walmarts of America are an important of the/our 2A rights and practices in these days!
With in The Walmarts of America are now being placed gun ranges with which you can practice your all important holster drawing.
Think about it, no more shooting at flat, thin, boring printed on pictures with smilie faces!

The Walmarts of America are now providing 3D abilities to our shooting experiences.
Robust, round, short, tall, young, old, and in some dressed and undressed moving targets.

So in closing, The Walmarts of America are not just for doing a simple minded Wally Walk anymore.

Theres so much more to experience in The Walmarts of America..............

Edited by Bubbacs, 02 September 2019 - 04:59 PM.

#7210 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:41 PM

I  am going to assume that was PURPLE.

#7211 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 3,053 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 05:00 PM

^^^^ Yes and to be fair, I went back and changed it.
I thought I did, but then I was actually eating, my bad.

But Walmart’s of America........not purple. lol

#7212 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 3,053 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 11:24 AM

Walmart’s of America have decided to STOP selling ammunition.

https://www.washingt...l?noredirect=on

#7213 Patriots & Tyrants

• 4,533 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 11:31 AM

Well RIP Walmart. I am going to send them an e mail letting them know why they will no longer be getting my $150+ a week in business.

I will buy home goods online, medication, etc from Walgreens or CVS, fresh foods and meat from Fresh Farm and everything else from Marianos. 

#7214 Euler

• Members
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 12:07 PM

Walmart’s of America have decided to STOP selling ammunition.

Walmart is going to stop selling handgun ammunition. It'll still sell other types.

It's also asking that people not open carry in states that allow open carry, but not prohibit it.

Edited by Euler, 03 September 2019 - 12:12 PM.

#7215 InterestedBystander

• 6,773 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 12:44 PM

Walmarts of America have decided to STOP selling ammunition.

Walmart is going to stop selling handgun ammunition. It'll still sell other types.It's also asking that people not open carry in states that allow open carry, but not prohibit it.
In addition to handgun ammo, assault/sbr ammo is called out .223/556, 7.62x39, 300 blkout, .224 valkyrie etc. no mention of .308 / 7.62x51 but not specifically excluded either.

walmart-gunpolicy-new-final.jpg

Edited by InterestedBystander, 03 September 2019 - 12:45 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#7216 billzfx4

• Members
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:40 PM

I can't recall if this has been said before, but.............F Walmart.

Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.

#7217 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 3,053 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:36 PM

^^^^ MrFifes favorite I think

#7218 borgranta

• Members
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:38 PM

I have read that Walmart will stop selling handgun ammunition and Assault rifle ammunition which means they will potentially only be selling shotgun ammunition.

The following referral code will grant provide a new User of Uber a free ride up to $15
donaldd4557ui

#7219 TriumphRider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 10:38 PM

So, this perpetually rotting carcass lies at your feet, eh?

For penance, you need to eat a Walmart rotisserie chicken.

The Rotisserie Chicken is the BEST reason to shop at Wal-Mart, IMO.  It truly rocks.  That is some D.a.m.n good chicken.  Put your favorite bar-b-que sauce on it and you have a party!

The Problem is not the problem.  The Problem is your Attitude about the problem.

#7220 papa

• Members
  • 6,152 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:39 PM

I bought 150 rounds of 5.56 tonight at walmart.  Not a great price but I got them , even though I don't have anything to put them in.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

Edited by papa, 04 September 2019 - 11:39 PM.

#7221 carry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:11 AM

Edited by carry, 05 September 2019 - 09:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users