Cook County Magazine Capacity

FoxtrotIndia

Forgive me if this has been answered 100x before or belongs elsewhere on the forum.
I recently tried to order a couple 15-round pistol magazines. Got an email back saying "Sorry, can't ship to Cook, send us a different address."

I thought 430 ILCS 66/90 voided all local handgun laws, including mag capacity? Are they operating on old info or are they just being difficult? Or...is no one really sure what's covered under 430 ILCS 66/90?

State Preemption:
30 ILCS 66/90. Preemption. The regulation, licensing, possession, registration, and transportation of concealed handguns and ammunition for concealed handguns by licensees are exclusive powers and functions of the State. Any ordinance or regulation, or portion thereof, enacted on or before the effective date of this Act that purports to impose regulations or restrictions on licensees or concealed handguns and ammunition for concealed handguns in a manner inconsistent with this Act shall be invalid in its application to licensees under this Act on the effective date of this Act. This Section is a denial and limitation of home rule powers and functions under subsection (h) of Section 6 of Article VII of the Illinois Constitution.
Note: All local restrictions on Handguns are null and void. Local Governments can keep their restrictions on long guns and magazine bans for long guns.

Thank you in advance!

My name is Ernie and I am a home-based FFL in Oak Lawn, IL. I put in orders about once every week to 2 weeks. What are you looking for, I might have it or can order it for you?

Ernesto A Alcala-Owner

Ernie's Arms Accessories

Phone: (312) 217-3863

Email: ealcala_6110@sbcglobal.net

Legal carry holder (body guard, hanger on) arrested and charged today with high capacity mags

New news, but will be interesting

In other news, another fellow with him was charged with a misdemeanor possession charge, with no mention of capacitys!

Was that the rapper Juice WRLD's body guard? One of the guys carrying while on airport property, on a plane where 41 bags of marijuana were confiscated?

Somebody said something about add on charges a little earlier.

His body guard who WAS on the plane

Of course no one has placed claim to any of the baggage

How does that work?

You fly in with a private plane and absolutely no one has baggage

‘Cept there are all these bags not being anyone’s whom was flying on said plane

Yeah the news was announcing it at 5 or 6pm news

Just announced they are covering it again at 10 pm news channel 5

Chicago Tribune

The search turned up 41 "vacuum-sealed" bags of marijuana, six bottles of prescription codeine cough syrup, two 9 mm pistols, a .40-caliber pistol, a high-capacity ammunition magazine and metal-piercing bullets, according to the sources. Two men identified by police as working security for Higgins were charged with misdemeanor offenses for illegally possessing the guns and ammunition.

The Trib doesn't say they're charged with possession of the magazine, but it might be assumed. Meanwhile, inb4 the ammo is just polymer-tipped regular ammo.

As an aside, TMZ is reporting the guy died because he tried to hide Percocets by swallowing them and OD'ed.

Archived