Headed to Wi.. Anything I need to know?

Illinois Sucks

Heading to Wisconsin? Here's some advice...enjoy your stay in a (more) free state. Maybe you'll love it so much that you'll move there. Legal to own machineguns there heh. A LOT has changed since I left, since there was a flat ban on carry back in 2000.

I think the question is where in Wisconsin are you headed to? Madison is notorious for capping on Second Amendment rights (and has paid dearly for it). Milwaukee, same. The further north you go, the more friendly they are. As others have stated, watch out for Wisconsin State Patrol, local Sheriff's Deputies. They make pretextual stops on Illinois residents, hassle them since the acronym for Illinois residents is "FIB" (f'n Illinois bas...). So be prepared for a BS traffic stop. Or followed for miles, waiting for you to screw up.

Enjoy your trip. I love northern Wisconsin. The lakes are shallow, formed during the ice age. Pepper the landscape. Lots of cabins, resorts. My uncle was just up there on a fishing trip and caught a record muskie (for the lake) that he wasn't even trying to catch. It just so happened to eat the walleye that was already on his hook and managed to hook itself. It's beautiful country.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

We run I-43 from East Troy to Green Bay on a regular basis going to and from our cottage and have never had any interaction with any law enforcement (state, county or local) and we cruise at 10 over all the time. The only time we've seen cops pulling people over is on fall Sundays when they are pulling over north bound people heading to Lambeau.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I used to live in Wisconsin and go there quite often, on both my motorcycle and my cars, and have NEVER been stopped by any LEO despite my Illinois license plates. And I don't even offset the plates with a Packer's decal, even though I am a Packer fan.

Anyone going to the area of the Dells has a chance to visit a quiet but unique place near Baraboo. It is the International Crane Foundation. It is the only place in the world where you can observe every crane species that exists, including the endangered Whooping Crane. Watching these big birds up close, and how they look and walk, you can more easily believe that birds evolved from dinosaurs. Well worth a visit, and for the cost of admission of a family you can just as well buy an annual membership and come back without cost for a later visit.

Archived