Photo

Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

• Please log in to reply
7049 replies to this topic

#7021 cola490

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:58 AM

Happy new year everyone; looks like 2018 will be my last year in Illinois and maybe even my last year in the US but its been a wild ride.

Good luck in the future.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

#7022 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:19 AM

Is it time to start a Target thread?

Maybe...

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

#7023 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:36 AM

Glad we 'made it.'

Now -- what to look forward to this year?

Walmart starts CCW classes?  On line?

#7024 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 12,554 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:06 AM

This just goes to show that the good people here at IC can accomplish just about anything if we stick together.

Good job folks

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#7025 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:48 PM

Let's not get caught sleeping like we did this year. Only 975 to go to hit 8000.
Have all boated who fish?

#7026 F12Mahon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:12 PM

Let's not get caught sleeping like we did this year. Only 975 to go to hit 8000.

We weren't sleeping, we live for the adrenaline rush/work better under pressure.

Eugene

#7027 papa

• Members
  • 5,581 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

I'm doing my part .

#7028 brianj - now in Kansas

Political refugee from the People's Republic of IL

• Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:58 PM

Man. I leave teh inter webs for 3 days and look what happens. The Walmart thread will be here with the cockroaches as the last surviving remnant of humanity, and I’ll be proud to be a part of it. And I did a Wallywalk tonight. The local Walmart Supercenter is the only one stop shop in the area. Ruger 1911 and 2 spare mags. And a metric buttload of static cling on my cover shirt due to the cold. At some point, I need to go back and do a super ultra mega Wally Walk. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Your father's 1911..  Not as random or clumsy as a Glock.  A more elegant weapon for a more civilized age." -- Obi Wan Kenobi

#7029 Patriots & Tyrants

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:42 AM

Happy new year everyone; looks like 2018 will be my last year in Illinois and maybe even my last year in the US but its been a wild ride.

Good luck in the future.

Looking like I am moving to Sydney around the end of the year. I applied for a long shot job and got it. Sounds like I will be gone for 3-5 years before rotating back to the states to work at this corporations US office.

#7030 RoadyRunner

• 3,793 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:24 AM

Good luck in the future.

Looking like I am moving to Sydney around the end of the year. I applied for a long shot job and got it. Sounds like I will be gone for 3-5 years before rotating back to the states to work at this corporations US office.

I volunteer for the tough job of looking after your firearms while you are there - since you likely cannot take them.

Tough job I know... but I’ll persevere... :)

Congrats!

IC Supporting member
NRA life member
NRA certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Illinois Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

#7031 lilguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:58 AM

Obviously you’re coming back or you’re giving up gun rights. What have you learned about Australia and gun ownership?

#7032 Patriots & Tyrants

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:39 AM

Good luck in the future.

I volunteer for the tough job of looking after your firearms while you are there - since you likely cannot take them.

Tough job I know... but I’ll persevere... :)

Congrats!

haha thanks

I am going to probably sell the common stuff and keep a few of my favorite guns in my fathers gun safe for a few years until I come back.

Unless this new company moves its US offices (always possible) I will be relocating to South Carolina or Arizona when I return.

On the plus side getting a license to at least shoot rim-fire in New South Wales while I am over there is not that impossible.

#7033 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:47 AM

Probably not going to Walmart today. 7033 609

#7034 billzfx4

• Members
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:01 AM

Walmart's best selling item in each state.

http://www.msn.com/e...ASUDHP#image=14

Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.

#7035 TRJ

Joyful Stoic

• 7,005 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:32 AM

Walmart's best selling item in each state.

http://www.msn.com/e...ASUDHP#image=14

Erasers for Illinois.
Must be related to Springfield trying to cover up operations down there.

#7036 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

610 7036

#7037 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:31 PM

Why Walmarts in California couldn’t sell ammo for more than a day

http://www.sacbee.co...e192651459.html

Walmart stores in Sacramento County and across California will soon resume selling ammunition after having their ability to do so temporarily blocked because state officials didn’t issue a permit on time.

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

#7038 soundguy

• 4,735 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:27 PM

Do we still have jobs at the WalMart thread after the Sam’s Club closings? Looks like the two by my favorite ranges have been spared... So far.
Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#7039 Grayhawk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

Ah crap, it has taken me 3 months to read and catch up on all 7038 posts.  Now I can move forward with my life. 

Grayhawk

IL, FL, AZ, UT CCL

GOES Trusted Traveler, Commercial Pilot

Member: ISRA, GOA, NRA, GSL, USCCA, Legal Defense Network, IL Carry

Graduate Citizens Police Academy - Oak Brook PD and DuPage County Sheriff;  DuPage CERT

Member: American Motorcycle Assn, AARP, AMAC

#7040 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:40 PM

Do we still have jobs at the WalMart thread after the Sam’s Club closings? Looks like the two by my favorite ranges have been spared... So far.

Not only do you still have your job here, your salary has just been doubled.

#7041 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:44 AM

I am so bummed!  Our Sam's was very convenient.  Well, at least the Walmart is still open.

612 7041

Edited by Plinkermostly, 13 January 2018 - 08:45 AM.

#7042 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

Sam's had decent gas prices.

- N. A. Halkides -

#7043 cola490

• 1,026 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:12 AM

Why Walmarts in California couldnt sell ammo for more than a day

http://www.sacbee.co...e192651459.html

Walmart stores in Sacramento County and across California will soon resume selling ammunition after having their ability to do so temporarily blocked because state officials didnt issue a permit on time.

Amazing, the Walmart in California can sell ammunition, but the Walmart in Vernon Hills, Illinois does not.😡

Edited by cola490, 13 January 2018 - 09:13 AM.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#7044 SiliconSorcerer

• Members
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:25 PM

Went to Walmart and a football game broke out.

This is going to be interesting if it takes off. 

You give peace a chance; I'll cover you if it doesn't work out.

NRA Benefactor Member

Remington Society of America Life Member

Ruger Collectors Association Life Member

Texas Gun Collector Honorary Member

Colt Collectors Association Honorary Member

Ruger Society Honorary Member

etc etc etc

#7045 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:50 PM

Who won?

#7046 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:23 PM

Went to Walmart and a football game broke out.

This is going to be interesting if it takes off. 

They have Hydrocortizone ointment for the ball of the foot breaking out by the pharmacy.

#7047 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:22 PM

Authorities said a Northwest Side man with 12 felony convictions claimed to be a Chicago police officer when security guards at a Walmart stopped him as he tried to leave the store with more than $90 in cigarette lighters tucked inside his coat. Police said Cristobal Villarreal was inside a Walmart in the 4600 block of West Diversey Avenue around 2 p.m. Thursday when a cashier saw him stuff several packs of Bic lighters into his coat and walk past the last point of sale without paying for the items When three security guards approached him and asked whether he paid for the items, Villarreal—who was dressed in a Chicago Cubs cap, a Chicago police shirt and coat adorned with police patches and an empty blue bulletproof vest cover—told the men he was "the police" and kept walking, according to Cook County prosecutors and police. Two of the guards then told Villarreal that they were also Chicago police officers working security at the store and all three guards tried to take him into custody after noticing several items concealed under his clothing, according to an arrest report. The 57-year-old Villarreal insisted that he was a four-year member of the department, prosecutors told a judge Saturday at the Leighton Criminal Court Building. Villarreal, of the 2900 block of North Long Avenue, pulled away from the guards before they performed an emergency takedown and placed him in handcuffs. Police found 12 packs of lighters and at least two cans of baby’s formula worth $93, the arrest report stated. The incident was captured on the store’s surveillance system. He was later arrested and later charged with false impersonation of a police officer and retail theft. Judge Stephanie K. Miller released Villarreal on a personal recognizance bond, but gave him a curfew from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. http://www.chicagotr...0113-story.html

#7048 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:48 AM

This has nothing to do with Walmart although it does involve a wall. I suppose it could be a wall around Walmart.

https://m.imgur.com/...dmybeer/FlvOA2f

#7049 raymond963

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:59 AM

Judge Stephanie K. Miller released Villarreal on a personal recognizance bond, but gave him a curfew from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. http://www.chicagotr...0113-story.html

So he has to stay home from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.? Wonder what 'job' he could have that would require being free during those hours...

#7050 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

Judge Stephanie K. Miller embodies everything that is wrong with the justice system in Chicago.

On another note... two cans of baby formula costs $93.00 ???

Holy Cocoa Môlé !

- N. A. Halkides -

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users