Cook County Sheriff Braces For Layoffs if soda tax is struck down...link

Sweeper13

Sort of on the topic anyone notice a lot more CCSP officers on traffic lately? Last Month or so I have seen CCSP officers pulling people over for speeding all the damn time in unincorporated Cook. I think before this past month i'd seen it twice in my whole life. Now I see it every day on my way home.

There was an announcement about the sheriffs stepping up and helping CPD in these areas.

IIRC it was in the last two to three weeks.

So now the sheriffs will have to STOP helping CPD and get payed off due to the lack of this tax.......I'm heart broken!

CPD is not writing "movers" (moving violations) according to SCC, due to the fact the CPD is not getting ticket books for the time being. Speculation is that the city is not paying its vendors on time.

$$LESS MONEY FOR CRONIES$$$

Doesn't the ticketing department politician's crony get a portion of the fine revenue ?

FIFY

Sort of on the topic anyone notice a lot more CCSP officers on traffic lately? Last Month or so I have seen CCSP officers pulling people over for speeding all the damn time in unincorporated Cook. I think before this past month i'd seen it twice in my whole life. Now I see it every day on my way home.

There was an announcement about the sheriffs stepping up and helping CPD in these areas.

So now the sheriffs will have to STOP helping CPD and get payed off due to the lack of this tax.......I'm heart broken!

CPD is not writing "movers" (moving violations) according to SCC, due to the fact the CPD is not getting ticket books for the time being. Speculation is that the city is not paying its vendors on time.

Doesn't the ticketing department politician's crony get a portion of the fine revenue ?

FIFY

Yeah, and now we know Sherrif Lawn Dart reads these boards too........

He was just on CBS spouting about not being able to assist CPD in the fight against gun crime.

So he stole that from my post (#55) before.....lol

And Tony, Tone, Toni Bullwinkle says it disheartening to tell staff they won't have a job!

And 87% of Cook County budget is health and protection services related in Cook? Really? 87% Wow

Imagine being a Cook County official and only having 13% of a budget to steal from and get paid.....smh

http://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/cook-county-layoff-notices-land-friday-as-soda-tax-remains-bottled-up/amp/

..."Cook County layoff notices land Friday as soda tax remains bottled up.

Layoff notices went out to some 300 Cook County employees Friday, and hundreds more jobs remain on the block as a controversial tax on sugary drinks faces a crucial court hearing next week."...

http://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/cook-county-layoff-notices-land-friday-as-soda-tax-remains-bottled-up/amp/

..."Cook County layoff notices land Friday as soda tax remains bottled up.

Layoff notices went out to some 300 Cook County employees Friday, and hundreds more jobs remain on the block as a controversial tax on sugary drinks faces a crucial court hearing next week."...

Prekwinkle? :unsure:

They have counted unhatched eggs.

The county has said it expects to lose $17 million in revenue for each month that imposition of the tax is delayed. The county has said repeatedly that it needs the money now and that the new revenue is already spent. It expects to lay off a total of 2,600 county employees if the tax is not imposed by December.

Exactly like our so called balanced budget...

The budget should be based on last tax period revenue.

But instead they are spending revenue bases on a predicted increase of revenue from the new taxes.

That prediction could turn out horribly wrong.

X2. Yeah, really. Your probably making more than you were the last time you had a tax increase so kick in your fair share. I don't even need to know the details of why they want more money, just label it "Children" "Public Safety" or "Roads".

Does anyone else hate grabbing the wrong lid for a 32 oz, and do you put it back in the slot of just throw it away?

Throw it away, along with the first few lids on the top of the stack that might have been fouled with herpegonoraciasis complex by the sausage fingered mouth breather that got a pop before me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG

You fo realz be buying AND drinking soda that is open pour in a gas station kwiki mart?

People spit into the cups and return them to the same stack!

Employees do it too!

And how about the snotty nosed kids running around while mom gets her cigs and fingers the lids, cups, napkins?

If it's not factory sealed, it don't get back bought.....

Is it really that big of a deal? I mean honestly, if you can afford to indulge with the likes of soft drinks, is it too much to throw a little in to help enrich cronies?

FIFY.

I love the double standard.

When it comes to killing babies "the government can NOT tell you what to do with your body" but when it comes to sugar "the government CAN tell you what to do with your body"

I wonder if the above reasoning flies with an abortion tax. Yup, won't fly. The double standard hits nicely.

Actually if your following the Charlie Gard news, some governments think they have complete control over you and your children.

Not sure (well I am) why this isn't big news here in the US for all these people advocating single payer healthcare systems.

We don't care if you will pay for it yourself we have to protect our system, you die!

Is it really that big of a deal? I mean honestly, if you can afford to indulge with the likes of soft drinks, is it too much to throw a little in to help enrich cronies?

FIFY.

When it comes to killing babies "the government can NOT tell you what to do with your body" but when it comes to sugar "the government CAN tell you what to do with your body"

I wonder if the above reasoning flies with an abortion tax. Yup, won't fly. The double standard hits nicely.

Maybe we should stop subsidizing sugar production and let the market have it's way.

FIFY.

Maybe we should stop subsidizing sugar production and let the market have it's way.

Liberals and conservatives can agree.^

FIFY.

Sugar is actually a REALLY big deal, we protect and restrict the import of sugar which actually makes REAL GOOD GAS vs this corn c...p

We should open the border to shiploads of cane which is dirt cheap and make gas out of it. This is a case where renewable energy makes a whole lot of sense but its buried by political nonsense.

Looks like the sheriff and the county pres are having a difference of opinion.

The war of words has begun in earnest.

Him: her paid for car and driver plus expenses amount to $500,000.00 per year.

Her: his increase in exempt hires increased by more than 80% since when he was hired/took the position.

Several board commissioners stated on the news that they were lied to and "Hood-winked" by Prickwinkle.

They state the tax was pushed as a health concern to children and that the money would assist to hospitals and health care as a whole in Crook County. They now say that they see it was a straight money grab to plug a short fall in the budget and to expand on new hires and salary increases already handed out. Two stated that they hope the tax never goes into effect now........

I absolutely love it when the Left starts eating it's own!

Looks like the sheriff and the county pres are having a difference of opinion.

The war of words has begun in earnest.

Him: her paid for car and driver plus expenses amount to $500,000.00 per year.

Her: his increase in exempt hires increased by more than 80% since when he was hired/took the position.

Several board commissioners stated on the news that they were lied to and "Hood-winked" by Prickwinkle.

They state the tax was pushed as a health concern to children and that the money would assist to hospitals and health care as a whole in Crook County. They now say that they see it was a straight money grab to plug a short fall in the budget and to expand on new hires and salary increases already handed out. Two stated that they hope the tax never goes into effect now........

I absolutely love it when the Left starts eating it's own!

Oh please if they actually thought it was a "health concern" issue they need to be sent to the retard home, they all knew it was about money how they can even say that with a straight face. Preck from the start said we need money and no-one will agree to raise real-estate taxes her goal now is to make it so painful without a real-estate tax increase they have no choice. If your in Crook county hold on to your wallet the real-estate tax increase will be done before next year.

Is it really that big of a deal? I mean honestly, if you can afford to indulge with the likes of soft drinks, is it too much to throw a little in to help your community???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it really that big of a deal? I mean honestly, if you can afford to indulge with the likes of firearms and ammunition, is it too much to throw a little in to help your community???

See where I'm going with this... If this tax were to pass, they'd be looking for another one just like it next year. Just like with the second amendment, we shouldn't budge. Not even a single inch. Because when you give them an inch, they'll take a mile next time.

Anyone know how long the restraining thingy will last, and when the actual case will come up for hearing?

I've been kind of watching waiting to hear that myself, it's odd all I hear is not anytime soon.

Reading between the lines it sounds like this one is not repairable they will have to write up something new or Perk will have to make it painful enough to get people on board to just raise the real-estate taxes like she wants to.

Anyone know how long the restraining thingy will last, and when the actual case will come up for hearing?

There should be a hearing today , taxwinkle wants the injunction removed so she can get your fall wardrobe

Look for Dart to start finding more Gacy victims to take the attention off of hiring his friends.

Or mount a new search for OJ Simpson's knife...

If that doesn't work, say that you think Jimmy Hoffa might be buried around here somewhere and start digging stuff up.

Have they threatened to let inmates out of Cook County jails yet? Maybe they're saving that for the last...

I saw the same thing on SCC but nobody has told me that that was actually the case, nor has anyone told me to write less movers. I didn't write too many movers to begin with so it really doesn't mean much to me.

Archived