Photo

Magazine Supplier

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Thiokol

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:25 PM

Does anyone have a source for standard capacity magazines who will ship to Cook County?

U.S. Air Force Veteran
ISRA Member
Smith & Wesson Collectors Association Member #2262

#2 357

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:52 PM

Two come to mind, lanbo's armory and selway armory.
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#3 Gator4838

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:56 PM

Ebay.

#4 Thiokol

• 2,498 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 05:07 PM

Ebay.

The last time I checked, Ebay doesnt allow mags over 10 rounds.

Edited by Thiokol, 12 November 2019 - 05:07 PM.

U.S. Air Force Veteran
ISRA Member

#5 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 21,069 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 05:11 PM

Brownells

#6 soundguy

• 6,538 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 05:11 PM

Ebay.

The last time I checked, Ebay doesnt allow mags over 10 rounds.

I have heard from a supplier that Ebay and PayPal are cracking down on some gun stuff.

I've never used Ebay and only used PayPal with this particular supplier, so it doesn't bother me to never use either, ever again.

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#7 WitchDoctor

• 1,150 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 06:31 PM

Target Sports in CT, right to your door. Top Gun Supply too! Grab A Gun sent 15 round Glock mags when my buddy and i bought 19's a year ago.

3/504 Airborne

IC Sponsor

ISRA Member

Proud Parent to  wonderful, most times, kids...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

#8 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 4,151 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 06:49 PM

Placed an order at Selway Armory just now. We'll see if they deliver to Chicago.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

InX89li.jpg

#9 Thiokol

• 2,498 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 06:59 PM

Target Sports in CT, right to your door. Top Gun Supply too! Grab A Gun sent 15 round Glock mags when my buddy and i bought 19's a year ago.

I've ordered ammo from Target Sports many times. I placed an order with Top Gun but they have an order limit of 1 mag. Grab a Gun will not ship 15 round mags. I ordered an M&P 2.0 from them and I received an email saying that they will ship the gun with no mags but not reduce the price. 

Edited by Thiokol, 12 November 2019 - 07:01 PM.

U.S. Air Force Veteran
ISRA Member

#10 357

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:05 PM

I've ordered ammo from Target Sports many times. I placed an order with Top Gun but they have an order limit of 1 mag. Grab a Gun will not ship 15 round mags. I ordered an M&P 2.0 from them and I received an email saying that they will ship the gun with no mags but not reduce the price.

Lanbo's has no limits.

https://lanbosarmory...oducts_id=42753
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#11 Thiokol

• 2,498 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:22 PM

Thanks. I just ordered 3 x 15 round mags for my M&P 2.0 from Lanbo's.

U.S. Air Force Veteran
ISRA Member

#12 cnwfan3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:45 PM

Buds ships magazines to me all the time in Cook County.  Apparently, they actually read the law and understand that the 10 round limit only applies to rifle magazines and not to pistol magazines which are preempted by the state CCL law (unlike Grab a gun).

#13 357

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:45 PM

Placed an order at Selway Armory just now. We'll see if they deliver to Chicago.
They deliver to Chicago all standard capacity magazines.

Edited by 357, 12 November 2019 - 07:47 PM.

James Madison

Edmund Burke

George Orwell

Benjamin Franklin

#14 Thiokol

• 2,498 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:52 PM

Don’t try ordering from Gun Mag Warehouse. They accept your order and charge your credit card immediately then they send an email saying they they won’t ship..

Edited by Thiokol, 18 November 2019 - 04:34 PM.

U.S. Air Force Veteran
ISRA Member

#15 WitchDoctor

• 1,150 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:52 PM

Thiokol, wow. Grab A Gun sent me and my friend two G 19's with factory night sites and two 15 rounders. I did mis- inform though. I had them sent to my FFL north of Kankakee, where we can shoot and pay five bucks for the transfer.

I did use my yuppy park address on the purchase though. I wonder what goes? In contrast not your Bud's would not sell me a bolt action Browning Stainless Steel Stalker with 6 round rotary mags .223. I guess I am through with Bud's and Grab A Gun can kiss it too. I did get four 10/22's for me and my daughter's for $125 a piece. I use the UPC code and add lowest price to the search bar. They were asking $165 and higher, but for two days they were cheap.

They can all kiss it!

3/504 Airborne

IC Sponsor

ISRA Member

Tired of Chicago B.S.

#16 ealcala31

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:50 AM

You can buy them and pick them up from my business, Ernie's Arms Accessories in Oak Lawn, IL. I carry magazines in stock and can order them for you if I don't have them. You can email me, call me, or text me if you have any questions, ealcala_6110@sbcglobal.net or (312) 217-3863.

#17 ChicagoRonin70

• 4,151 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:21 PM

So, it appears that Selway Armory has shipped my magazines, including some larger than "standard capacity" magazines! I got the shipping confirmation this morning.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

InX89li.jpg

#18 ChicagoRonin70

• 4,151 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:25 PM

You can buy them and pick them up from my business, Ernie's Arms Accessories in Oak Lawn, IL. I carry magazines in stock and can order them for you if I don't have them. You can email me, call me, or text me if you have any questions, ealcala_6110@sbcglobal.net or (312) 217-3863.

What do you charge for Glock 20 15-round magazines?

Also, do you sell X-Grip Glock 20/21 Magazine Adapter sleeves? If so, what price?

Edited by ChicagoRonin70, 13 November 2019 - 01:25 PM.

InX89li.jpg

#19 357

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:15 PM

So, it appears that Selway Armory has shipped my magazines, including some larger than "standard capacity" magazines! I got the shipping confirmation this morning.

I told you. Larger than standard is still standard and they're better than low capacity 10 rd magazines for self defense. The 10 rd low capacity limit was imposed on the people by Bloomberg.
James Madison

Edmund Burke

George Orwell

Benjamin Franklin

#20 WitchDoctor

• 1,150 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:19 PM

I told you. Larger than standard is still standard and they're better than low capacity 10 rd magazines for self defense. The 10 rd low capacity limit was imposed on the people by Bloomberg.

I really hate that guy (Bloomberg).

3/504 Airborne

IC Sponsor

ISRA Member

Tired of Chicago B.S.

#21 soundguy

• 6,538 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:40 PM

From a Wiki article, I found this interesting:

Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1994
Main article: Federal Assault Weapons Ban

William B. Ruger, a founder of Sturm, Ruger & Co., is often ascribed with providing the impetus for high capacity magazine restrictions. Ruger proposed that instead of banning firearms, Congress should outlaw magazines holding more than 15 rounds.[13] “No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun,” Ruger told Tom Brokaw of NBC News in 1992.[14][15] On March 30, 1989, Ruger sent a letter to every member of the US Congress stating:

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."

William B. Ruger[16]

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#22 Illini2A312

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 05:31 PM

Top Gun Supply is good, they even have a handy tool on their site to check if something can ship to your location.

#23 Thiokol

• 2,498 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:01 PM

Top Gun Supply is good, they even have a handy tool on their site to check if something can ship to your location.

True but why do they limit you to only one magazine?

U.S. Air Force Veteran
ISRA Member

#24 357

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:06 PM

From a Wiki article, I found this interesting:

Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1994
Main article: Federal Assault Weapons Ban

William B. Ruger, a founder of Sturm, Ruger & Co., is often ascribed with providing the impetus for high capacity magazine restrictions. Ruger proposed that instead of banning firearms, Congress should outlaw magazines holding more than 15 rounds.[13] “No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun,” Ruger told Tom Brokaw of NBC News in 1992.[14][15] On March 30, 1989, Ruger sent a letter to every member of the US Congress stating:

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."
    William B. Ruger[16]

Bill was trying to stop a ban with a ban. Only under perfect circumstances when the time and place one criminal will attack is known. No honest man would say you don't need more than 10 rounds. The more rounds the better and that's why there's no limits for police either and they carry as many rounds as they can. There's low capacity 10 rd limits in states where the politicians are in Bloomberg's pocket. The 1994 ban showed that bans don't work and that's why it wasn't extended.

Police on many occasions have shot dozens of rounds. In one case in California two police officers shot a guy 76 times and in New York police fired 84 rounds and only hit the bad guy once in the leg. Two states where citizens are limited to 10 rd low capacity magazines, isn't it ironic. Bad guys usually attack in groups and at night and it's hard to hit the target especially if they are shooting back. In many cases criminals were shot multiple times and kept shooting and some survived. Bans give criminals the upper hand and are passed by politicians who don't know much about guns and assume that people that have "large capacity magazines" are prone to commit mass murder.

https://www-m.cnn.co...=heirloom-srp..

https://www.nydailyn...ticle-1.2348489
James Madison

Edmund Burke

George Orwell

Benjamin Franklin

#25 Thiokol

• 2,498 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for the tip about Lanbo's. The 15 round mags that I ordered on the 12th arrived today.

U.S. Air Force Veteran
ISRA Member

#26 ealcala31

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:17 PM

Also, do you sell X-Grip Glock 20/21 Magazine Adapter sleeves? If so, what price?
I haven't been on IC for about a week, sorry about that. I can get them for $26, all taxes included. Call, text, or email me if you're still intetested.

#27 ChicagoRonin70

• 4,151 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:33 PM

I haven't been on IC for about a week, sorry about that. I can get them for $26, all taxes included. Call, text, or email me if you're still intetested.

Ah. I actually ordered them from Selway Armory already, and got them for that price. They arrive tomorrow.

Still, it's good to have a local source. I'll definitely be hitting you up in the future.

InX89li.jpg

#28 357

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for the tip about Lanbo's. The 15 round mags that I ordered on the 12th arrived today.

You're welcome.
James Madison

Edmund Burke

George Orwell

Benjamin Franklin

#29 ChicagoRonin70

• 4,151 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:39 PM

You're welcome.

Alas, Lanbo's has no 10mm magazines.

InX89li.jpg

#30 357

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:09 PM

[quote name="ChicagoRonin70" post="1238483" timestamp="1574127576"][quote name="357" post="1238481" timestamp="1574127450"]
[quote name="Thiokol" post="1238469" timestamp="1574116459"]
[quote name="357" post="1237432" timestamp="1573599143"]
[/quote]
Thanks for the tip about Lanbo's. The 15 round mags that I ordered on the 12th arrived today.[/quote]

You're welcome.
[/quote]

Alas, Lanbo's has no 10mm magazines.[/quote]

I'm surprised, he sells guns too.
James Madison

Edmund Burke

George Orwell

Benjamin Franklin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users