Does BPI course count towards ILCC

For what reason would someone want to get certified if they aren't going to teach? Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

If you are already an NRA instructor, for the cost of fingerprints, a notarization and a stamp you can become an instructor. As an instructor you need not take a class to apply for your CCL. If you were going to apply with fingerprints anyway, it's a significant cost savings.

With all of my instructor ratings and other courses I've got a total of 90'ish hrs or firearms training and unless I register with the ISP as an instructor it only counts as 8 hrs.

I just won't register with the ISP at this time.

So......I'd take 8 or more hrs of training, but the types of advanced training I'd choose wouldn't satisfy the requirements.

With all of my instructor ratings and other courses I've got a total of 90'ish hrs or firearms training and unless I register with the ISP as an instructor it only counts as 8 hrs.

I just won't register with the ISP at this time.

So......I'd take 8 or more hrs of training, but the types of advanced training I'd choose wouldn't satisfy the requirements.

You're in Illinois. All that advanced training won't help and might in fact hinder you. In this state head shots count as a miss.

Did you receive a signed bp cert from the tc? If so, you can claim credit for the first 8 hours. Or apply as an il cci be exempt from the training requirement. Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

I went ahead and registered as an ILCC instructor. But the guy I'm referring to did BPI a while back. He claims to still have the card from his tc. I just wasn't sure if I could accept BPI the same I could regular BP.

Did you receive a signed bp cert from the tc? If so, you can claim credit for the first 8 hours. Or apply as an il cci be exempt from the training requirement. Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

I went ahead and registered as an ILCC instructor. But the guy I'm referring to did BPI a while back. He claims to still have the card from his tc. I just wasn't sure if I could accept BPI the same I could regular BP.

When you take BPI you are also taking BP.

Student should get a BP completion certificate when taking BPI.

It's included in the packet.

You will not get 16 hours of credit.

The only reason you get it when you apply to be an instructor is that you certify that you have read, understand and can teach all the required portions. Especially the law.

Don't cheat yourself. If your not going to teach, you will may not read the law to the understanding you should, so take the class and just kick back and pay attention.

Either have your TC sign the BP certificate that you receive as part of your BPI training, or issue you your own certificate after you teach your first BP class. Problem solved.

Archived