Chinese laser bore sight

Colt guy

Hey all, my first AR and I cant get to the range for a while. I picked up one of those cartridge style laser bore sight tools to try and at least get the iron sights somewhat dialed in at 25yrds.Are these things worth a darn ? I have my rear iron as far left as it will go to get the sight picture lined up. I cant imagine the rifle is that screwed up right out of the box. It laser was way right

post-7223-0-97931500-1592971401_thumb.jpeg

Re chambered it a dozen times.I just wonder if this is just off or whether the gun is off.. this was a 19 dollar Amazon shot in the dark. I suppose I can order a different one but I suspect they are all made by the same Chinese factories. I dont want to walk back into the gunsmith and look like a moron if its just the cheapo laser ! I should try and just break it down and sight down the bore later today and see what I get. Kind of hard to do in the driveway with the neighbors working in the yard next door ! Its a DS Arms rifle and I know they make a good rifle.

I have a cheap Burris laser bore sight kit from about 30 years ago that still works. Sometimes, I have to rotate the laser unit 90 degrees to get the right windage/left-to-right. It gets me on paper, then it's up to me. If I can, I bore sight, which should be easy for an AR. For my bolt guns, I start with the laser to get me in the ballpark, sighting inside the house or yard. Then I pull the bolt and bore sight at something about 100+ yards away, like a neighbor's front porch light. Do this after dark, with the lights in the room off so no one sees you aiming at their house. Confirm at the range.

Bore-sight-By-Eye-Photo-1-2.jpg

Going to try one more time. I rolled the laser on a dead flat granite counter and it didnt wobble at all. I will be very dissapointed if the gun is that far off. I will have to bring it back to them to have a look. I cant see any cant in the front post either but it may not be visible by the eye.

I had the same issue when using a laser bore sight. The sight wasn't cheap and got me very close to POI and only required minor adjustments, but when everything was lined up, my rear sight looked just like yours. Cranked all the way to the left. Turns out the handguard is either not machined straight, or the mounting holes on the handguard are off. I'd be surprised if the barrel was warped that much, so I'm assuming it's the handguard.

If I look carefully at the barrel compared to the end of the handguard, you can see that it's way off.

Not really sure how to fix this yet.

Anyone have any ideas?

Well its the cheap laser . I opened the blinds in the living room and sighted it to a construction dumpster 100 yards away. and sighted it thru the barrel. When on target thru the barrel the sights were of course way off. The rear sight is now back to center. Strange because the laser itself does not seem to wobble when rolled across the granite counter. It must not be seating properly or maybe reflecting off the chrome lined barrel. Who knows but its useless to me now. 20 bucks down the drain as usual.

Bitter Clinger I have an A2 FSB dont have a front rail mounted sight

I bought one of the cheap Laser in .223 took it to the range to help sight in, and after I slammed the bolt, I was able to I suppose "get on paper", then it got jammed in there, had one of the range guys pop the bolt back with a screwdriver.. finished sighting it at an outdoor range at 50yds.. but it did get me on paper..

I bought one of the cheap Laser in .223 took it to the range to help sight in, and after I slammed the bolt, I was able to I suppose "get on paper", then it got jammed in there, had one of the range guys pop the bolt back with a screwdriver.. finished sighting it at an outdoor range at 50yds.. but it did get me on paper..

Never slam the bolt on those things...ride it in...

And don't pull the trigger on one either. My old Burris kit that still works fits in the muzzle with adapters for each bore size. Years ago, I also picked up a 7.62x39 laser bore sighter that lasted all of 10 seconds when I pulled the trigger on it. Stupid!

And don't pull the trigger on one either. My old Burris kit that still works fits in the muzzle with adapters for each bore size. Years ago, I also picked up a 7.62x39 laser bore sighter that lasted all of 10 seconds when I pulled the trigger on it. Stupid!

Riiiight....

I bet...it wasnt an accident.

You were wearing your storm trooper costume....

Figured....laser cartridge? Laser BLAST!!!

Hold my beer....

(And of course you were high and right...because storm troopers...)

;) ;)

Archived