Photo

Purchasing from Lehigh Defense's website

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ArmedWithKnowledge

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:21 PM

I was planning on purchasing a couple boxes of Lehigh Defense - Xtreme Defense in .380 but I couldn't find a place on their website to submit a photo of my FOID/DL. While looking I came across their shipping policy page and for Cook County, IL (where I live) it literally says "No ammo without FFL". What freakin nonsense is this? Not only is there no restriction (other than sending in your FOID/DL and it being shipped to the address listed on your ID), but there has NEVER been a law/bill/statute requiring ammo to be sent to an FFL. Have any of you successfully purchased from Lehigh Defense before (via their website or otherwise), or tried and were not successful? I sent an email to their customer service/sales rep to ask about this policy they have listed, but I thought I'd toss out another line here to see if anyone else has encountered this.

Thanks

#2 spaceman spiff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:01 PM

Never heard of this before. I've come accross some online retailers that won't ship to Cook County as well as others that will not ship to zip codes starting with 600,606, etc. My go to site for ammo is www.sgammo.com they have very fair prices and fast shipping.

NRA Member

ISRA Member

#3 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• Members
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:31 AM

Underwood Ammo loads Lehigh Defense bullets. They will sell to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ArmedWithKnowledge

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:29 AM

I heard back from Lehigh (very fast response time, I'm impressed). I was told I'm correct and to place the order, then send an email with my DL/FOID attached and reference the order number. I'll be placing my order today. If nothing else, they're off to a great start with their prompt and friendly customer service.

#5 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:01 AM

I heard back from Lehigh (very fast response time, I'm impressed). I was told I'm correct and to place the order, then send an email with my DL/FOID attached and reference the order number. I'll be placing my order today. If nothing else, they're off to a great start with their prompt and friendly customer service.

That is great that they fixed the problem for you.  Hopefully they will fix the wording on their site for all.

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#6 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:12 PM

I was planning on purchasing a couple boxes of Lehigh Defense - Xtreme Defense in .380 but I couldn't find a place on their website to submit a photo of my FOID/DL. While looking I came across their shipping policy page and for Cook County, IL (where I live) it literally says "No ammo without FFL". What freakin nonsense is this? Not only is there no restriction (other than sending in your FOID/DL and it being shipped to the address listed on your ID), but there has NEVER been a law/bill/statute requiring ammo to be sent to an FFL. Have any of you successfully purchased from Lehigh Defense before (via their website or otherwise), or tried and were not successful? I sent an email to their customer service/sales rep to ask about this policy they have listed, but I thought I'd toss out another line here to see if anyone else has encountered this.

Thanks

I have tested extensively both Lehigh Defense's versions of their Xtreme Defense and Underwood Ammo's version of the Lehigh projectile, in both gelatin and, more important, in pig carcasses along with various barriers and protection.

Hands down, the hotter versions that Underwood produces, in .380 through .45, do more tissue damage and have better penetration than the Lehigh versions. Not that the latter are bad, by any means, but Underwood has maximized the terminal ballistic performance of almost all of Lehigh's projectiles.

Plus, they are an Illinois-based company, and they are very easy to order from. They also have great prices for their ammunition.

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users