Union Co. Sanctuary/ Nullification?

speedbump

The Union County board will meet this Friday, 07/26/19 at 8:30am. Part of the meeting will involve consideration of sanctuary &/or nullification status. I've been asked by some area folks to speak to it a bit.

The board and county residents are majority Democrat, and solidly PRO gun. If you live, work, own property, etc in Union County, please attend &/or contact the county board members and express your support. It's up to INDIVIDUALS to step up, and make things happen, as many on this board have discovered.

"If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Overall, it was a very good morning. They're taking the various resolutions and referenda under consideration, 3-2 Democrat vs Republican on the board,but all serious and representative of the Union County's mostly conservative makeup.

Two vocal, local, allies were in the audience - man & wife - both reportedly strong DEMOCRATS. They had a paper petition at a fair recently and got "60 signatures in 10 minutes." I had not met them before, but they seemed dialed in on the issues. They are likely to carry the banner in their county, so to speak, and rally support.

One newspaper reporter there, he was very low-key, and curious. He asked for clarification and further info. Same for the county clerk, who is curious about a ballot referendum.... The sheriff was in attendance, and nodded approval and agreement throughout. Afterwards, one board member said, I'm ready to pass it NOW, but we'll look at the options.

I anticipate the board studying the matter, engaging in more debate,then voting up or down in the next few months. I'm perfectly ok with that.

Archived