How to use "reply" option

Molly B.

In an effort to help all those who are viewing IllinoisCarry forums on small screens/phones I would

like to review the "reply" option. There are TWO reply buttons - one is if you are replying to a

specific post and second reply button a bit farther down the screen for when you are replying to a topic in

general.

Sometimes posters hit the reply to a specific post and the response can become really long and

needlessly duplicating posts already read earlier in the thread:

(Not picking on anyone here, just using this as an example without having to use one that is REALLY

long and negate the whole purpose of this post!)

Looks like I'm the only one with 6?

in order:

penn

new hampshire

florida

utah

conn

maine

if there are any more that I could get i will.

even if its for a state i don't have plans to travel to, for me, its more of a statement than anything.

How about Arizona?

training must take place *in* AZ if memory serves....and really, AZ is pretty much going to be like a Vermont or Alaska if it isn't already. I haven't been watching the CCP/reciprocity much.

The "in-state" training requirement was lifted when AZ revised thier laws recently and went to "constitutional carry". They don't require a license to carry in AZ, but make one available to residents and non residents for reciprocity purposes. Drylok and others here have applied for and recieved the AZ license based on past training, of which Hunter Safety will fulfill. Here's the link to the Statutes.

Enjoy!!

AB

In answering Beezil and mrjam, Abolt243 could have opted to hit the reply button farther down the page and his post would have looked like this:

The "in-state" training requirement was lifted when AZ revised thier laws recently and went to "constitutional carry". They don't require a license to carry in AZ, but make one available to residents and non residents for reciprocity purposes. Drylok and others here have applied for and recieved the AZ license based on past training, of which Hunter Safety will fulfill. Here's the link to the Statutes.

Enjoy!!

AB

Another way to shorten up a post is to copy and paste just the segment you want to reply to - highlight it, hit the post-195-130178106604.png, and his post would have looked like this:

training must take place *in* AZ if memory serves....and really, AZ is pretty much going to be like a Vermont or Alaska if it isn't already. I haven't been watching the CCP/reciprocity much.

Enjoy!!

AB

now i was thinking bout this before... every other forum im on, when you quote someones post who has a quote... the quote in the quote isnt quoted... is this a setting maybe? just a thought...

it is a setting, but there are various reasons why it may be enabled or disabled. as with the image thing, might be something for an admin to consider

In an effort to help all those who are viewing IllinoisCarry forums on small screens/phones I would

like to review the "reply" option. There are TWO reply buttons - one is if you are replying to a

specific post and the other is a bit farther down the screen for when you are replying to a topic in

general.

Sometimes posters hit the reply to a specific post and the response can become really long and

needlessly duplicating posts already read earlier in the thread:

(Not picking on anyone here, just using this as an example without having to use one that is REALLY

long and negate the whole purpose of this post!)

Looks like I'm the only one with 6?

in order:

penn

new hampshire

florida

utah

conn

maine

if there are any more that I could get i will.

even if its for a state i don't have plans to travel to, for me, its more of a statement than anything.

How about Arizona?

Enjoy!!

AB

In answering Beezil and mrjam, Abolt243 could have opted to hit the reply button farther down the page and his post would have looked like this:

Enjoy!!

AB

Another way to shorten up a post is to copy and paste just the segment you want to reply to - highlight it, hit the post-195-130178106604.png, and his post would have looked like this:

Enjoy!!

AB

Yeah, but some of us just want to drive Buzz crazy!!!!!

Nice job Molly!! Certainly I and most everyone else could help the situation by watching how we reply to post!! Thanks for taking time to point it out. Now, if you haven't already, don't you think this thread (minus this post) should be made a sticky in "Site Support" or what ever that forum is called??

AB

Hopefully the bulk of the membership complies with the Reply etiquette Molly mentioned, but here's something that I have found to be useful in the meantime. The forum default for posts displayed per page is 25. You have the ability to lower that number in your personal settings. I personally would rather load more pages than get a cramp in my scroll finger trying to navigate through one long page.

Just an FYI.