Change FOID address and apply for CCL

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 raymond963

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:13 AM

My son recently moved (last child out!) and changed his address on his driver's license (waiting for it to arrive) but hasn't changed his address on his FOID yet.

He completed the 16-hour CCL class yesterday and is ready to apply. Should/can he change his FOID address at the same time he applies for his CCL? Or should he change his FOID and wait for that before applying for his CCL?

Both sons and one daughter have FOID. Both sons will soon have their CCL and working on the daughter. The other daughter is anti...I guess I can't have everything. LOL At least she thinks that it's OK if I carry...

#2 captdan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:51 AM

He can change his FOID address first and them immediately apply for the CCL. Once the F
OID change hits the computer it will match to his CCL when he applies We have done several that way with no problem.

www.the-bullettrap.com
bullettrap1@gmail.com
NRA Certified Instructor/RSO
Pistol-Rifle-PPITH
NRA Lifetime Member
ISRA Member
Illinois Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

#3 raymond963

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:38 AM

He can change his FOID address first and them immediately apply for the CCL. Once the F
OID change hits the computer it will match to his CCL when he applies We have done several that way with no problem.

Thanks. I thought that it might work that way but wasn't sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users