Address change FOID/CCL

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Helpdesk9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:12 AM

Submitted FOID/CCL address change on 5/30. Website shows FOID was approved 6/22. Any idea how long it will take for CCL to be approved? Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#2 spaceman spiff

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:22 AM

I just did mine a couple months ago. Submitted address change for FOID and CCL on 4/20, FOID went active on 5/23 and CCL went active again on 5/30.

A rep from ISP informed me that your current cards are still valid and that you may continue to carry while waiting for your updated ones. 

NRA Life Member

ISRA Member

GOA Member

Aspiring Law Enforcement, Looking Forward to Taking the Oath to Uphold and Defend

#3 InterestedBystander

• 5,116 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 04:26 PM

I just did mine a couple months ago. Submitted address change for FOID and CCL on 4/20, FOID went active on 5/23 and CCL went active again on 5/30.
A rep from ISP informed me that your current cards are still valid and that you may continue to carry while waiting for your updated ones.

Did you originally submit prints? Seems like the smallest of CCL changes often get reprocessed as if a new application

edit: not sure if the lost card and address change are treated the same

Edited by InterestedBystander, 26 June 2018 - 05:27 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸 "Remember in November" 🗳️
Rauner, Harold, 46th HD:Kinzler, 55th HD:Smolenski, 91st HD:Unes

#4 Helpdesk9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:16 PM

A rep from ISP informed me that your current cards are still valid and that you may continue to carry while waiting for your updated ones.Did you originally submit prints? Seems like tne smallest of CCL changes often get reprocessed as if a new application

That's not good...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#5 spaceman spiff

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 12:13 PM

Did you originally submit prints? Seems like the smallest of CCL changes often get reprocessed as if a new application

edit: not sure if the lost card and address change are treated the same

I did origininally submit prints, I think it took around 54 days from applicaiton to card in hand. Wheather or not one initially supplied prints shouldn't make a difference when doing an address change but who knows? This is Illinois after all.

NRA Life Member

ISRA Member

GOA Member

Aspiring Law Enforcement, Looking Forward to Taking the Oath to Uphold and Defend

#6 Grandpa59

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:09 PM

Just updated address today and says both are under review. Both cards still valid until I get approved and active again correct???

#7 Grandpa59

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 04:59 PM

Foid card shows active 8/4 but nothing in mail as of today.
Ccl shows “ under review “

#8 InterestedBystander

• 5,116 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 06:46 PM

Ccl shows under review

I'd give it a couple of weeks to arrive. Active doesnt necessarily mean printed and mailed. The cards need to be printed, sorted/bunched/delivered to post office and sent for delivery so all of that can take a while.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 06 August 2018 - 06:48 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸 "Remember in November" 🗳️
Rauner, Harold, 46th HD:Kinzler, 55th HD:Smolenski, 91st HD:Unes

#9 Grandpa59

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:23 PM

Ccl shows under review

I'd give it a couple of weeks to arrive. Active doesnt necessarily mean printed and mailed. The cards need to be printed, sorted/bunched/delivered to post office and sent for delivery so all of that can take a while.

I received my foid in the mail last week. My ccl however still shows under review.
Can someone point me to a post about being able to ccl still while I’m still under review ?? Am I still legal to carry? Will Leo see my new address change on my DL and see different address on old ccl and get to thinking something isn’t right??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users