Tried getting State Digital ID- Fail

45b

I finally got my digital ID. Now the question is:

Can I use a different computer when Jan 5 comes or did it put a certificate on that computer? (Does it have to be the same computer or just one that is java/IE compatible? Guess's are acceptable for now.....

I ask because I could only get to the digital id website from my sons laptop.

The answer is in your sig line.

I finally got my digital ID. Now the question is:

Can I use a different computer when Jan 5 comes or did it put a certificate on that computer? (Does it have to be the same computer or just one that is java/IE compatible? Guess's are acceptable for now.....

I ask because I could only get to the digital id website from my sons laptop.

The answer is in your sig line.

What was not clear if in addition to getting a digital signiure was I also getting a digital certificate which serves a different purpose. i.e something I have vs something I know.

Today during a break, we (all of the instructors at Top Shot Academy) tried to create our (IDID) Illinois Digital ID. Took us each about 5 minutes. The only problem we had was one instructor that had to put in his suffix (Junior) as "Jr". Even though it's "JR" on his license, it had to be input as "Jr". Otherwise, it was glitch free...on a fairly current Windoze (sic) PC.

I'm going to go with my wife to the public library this week, and see if their computers are up to snuff.

This is a huge inconvenience for applicants...as has been most of the process. INCREDIBLE, all the hoops we have to jump through for a Constitutional RIGHT!

Guys, don't be afraid to call the IT support line, 800-366-8768. They operate 24/7/365 and were most helpful when I called them. No, we shouldn't have to put up with this, but I intend to do what is necessary to get a license. Then, I can carry while trying to get the changes made!!

T

I created my ID a few years ago for another reason. Now, my email address is different - I cannot access the old address anymore. I can logon, but cannot seem to update my email. If I try, I get a 'Site Down for maintenance' message, and get directed to call this number to update it.

I called, got given a ticket number and was told I'd be called back. That was 4 days ago....

Does anyone know the escalation for issues? Or even if an incorrect email address in the digital ID will even be an issue?

Guys, don't be afraid to call the IT support line, 800-366-8768. They operate 24/7/365 and were most helpful when I called them. No, we shouldn't have to put up with this, but I intend to do what is necessary to get a license. Then, I can carry while trying to get the changes made!!

T

I created my ID a few years ago for another reason. Now, my email address is different - I cannot access the old address anymore. I can logon, but cannot seem to update my email. If I try, I get a 'Site Down for maintenance' message, and get directed to call this number to update it.

I called, got given a ticket number and was told I'd be called back. That was 4 days ago....

Does anyone know the escalation for issues? Or even if an incorrect email address in the digital ID will even be an issue?

I too have some info on my digital ID that needs to be updated. In another thread, someone mentioned that the "down for maintenance" error message has been like that for over a year now. I have a ticket open too and now wondering if they'll ever call me back/fix the problem.

January 5th at Illinois Carry is going to look a lot like this:

http://i.imgur.com/7dYwz.gif

I can't imagine apps will be made available on a Sunday? I am actually expecting them to be made available the Friday before.

there's a couple threads going on this, so if ya'll don't mind i'll copy/paste this in case it might help others.....

Any fellow Irish folks having trouble signing up?

Are ya getting a message that says "DL information invalid?"

As has already been stressed on these threads, you must enter EXACTLY the info on your DL....which I was doing....or so I thought.

I am a "mick".....My name is McD.......

It is almost totally undetectable, but on my DL there is a space between MC-(space)-Dxxxx and the rest of my name.

I thought some of you folks with names like that, perhaps all the "O'Briens" or "Fitz Patricks" or even some german or european names that maight have a space stuck in the somewhere like "Van Dxxxxx" or the like.

that little space was acting like it's own character and preventing the sign up.

hope this helps,

-Beezil Mc Daddy

T

I too have some info on my digital ID that needs to be updated. In another thread, someone mentioned that the "down for maintenance" error message has been like that for over a year now. I have a ticket open too and now wondering if they'll ever call me back/fix the problem.

Yeah - that was me. I tried to change it back when my email address changed, couldn't so moved on to other things.

Now I have no doubt that a incorrect email in the ID will delay things, so I opened the ticket .

Got a call back today - she updated the address and it took me 5 minutes to rest the account. All set now.

She asked me if I was doing the change for CCW. I guess thy are suddenly very busy.

Archived