Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2020

Mr. Fife

• 3 months later...

I renewed my license over the phone in February 2019 because of login issues. I still haven't received my CCL license.

I was then sent a paper application in February to fill out and return. I filled it out that afternoon and mailed it back to ISP the following morning. 7 Months went by without receiving my CCL license. So I finally spoke to someone at ISP in August 2019 after 100 phone calls attempts/hangups. The lady on phone said they never received my application in February so either the ISP lost it or the post office did. I mailed 1st application in February to the ISP and sent another in August 2019 the same day I received the application I mailed it back to the ISP.Well I'm still waiting this is absolutely ridiculous process.Then they wonder why everyone is fleeing this unorganized state.

I'll play on this thread :-)

Applied for CCL today. Was told not to bother with the prints as they won't speed anything up with all the backlogs they have these days.

Will see what happens.

Yeah, thinking I got scammed on the print processing fee.....still waiting. Would not have mattered one bit.

Applied for CCL today. Was told not to bother with the prints as they won't speed anything up with all the backlogs they have these days.

Will see what happens.

Yeah, thinking I got scammed on the print processing fee.....still waiting. Would not have mattered one bit.

Fingerprints may help at your renewal in 5 years... if things are straightened out by then.

It has not always been this bad.

My renewal, last year, was active in 15 days and in my hands on day 21.

There is no reason most first time CCL applications and most renewals should take any longer than 3 weeks.

Will see what happens.

Fingerprints may help at your renewal in 5 years... if things are straightened out by then.

It has not always been this bad.

My renewal, last year, was active in 15 days and in my hands on day 21.

There is no reason most first time CCL applications and most renewals should take any longer than 3 weeks.

Sometimes it make you wonder if its not intentional.

Police can pull you over and within a few minutes find out your background. By these standards/times if you got pulled over by a trooper you would pass out of starvation and dehydration before you could get your ticket or warning as they do the standard checks and find out of you have warrants, driving history, etc.

I renewed my license over the phone in February 2019 because of login issues. I still haven't received my CCL license.

I was then sent a paper application in February to fill out and return. I filled it out that afternoon and mailed it back to ISP the following morning. 7 Months went by without receiving my CCL license. So I finally spoke to someone at ISP in August 2019 after 100 phone calls attempts/hangups. The lady on phone said they never received my application in February so either the ISP lost it or the post office did. I mailed 1st application in February to the ISP and sent another in August 2019 the same day I received the application I mailed it back to the ISP.Well I'm still waiting this is absolutely ridiculous process.Then they wonder why everyone is fleeing this unorganized state.

Always, always use a mail service that provides a signed receipt of delivery.

does your status show 'under review'?

I applied with prints on 11/03/19 and as of today my home page looks like this:attachicon.gifAnnotation 2020-01-10 105042.png

Is it typical for the FOID to go active before the CCL? And for the inspect element trick, which highlight should I be looking at? I apologize for my impatience. I know a lot have waited much longer.

With the CCL, if you have an older FOID you will be issued a new format FOID which seems to be the case since the FOID is only good for a year.

Your CCL looks in submitted status as that is in bold and line above also shows a submitted status.

CCL renewal 7-5-19, 190+ days still shows under review but inspect element tonight shows verified/approved

FOID renewal 10-11-19, 62 business still shows under review but also shows verified/ approved under the inspect element.

Have been told that renewing the FOID during the CCL renewal delays the CCL??

Do not understand the reasoning with that, they should have renewed the CCL and IF I didn't renew my FOID before it expired then they would revoke the CCL. Instead I guess they wait to see in your going to renew your FOID before they will reissue the CCL.

Have the cashed your check or charged your credit card?

Archived