Another "Celebrity Video"...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 protean

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:25 PM

https://www.infowars.com/video-celebrities-tell-america-to-reject-nra-concealed-carry-over-las-vegas-shooting/ 

Illinois Carry Supporting Member
NRA Endowment-Life Member

ISRA Member

#2 Mick G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:48 PM

OK lets be honest here, these people are celebrities? Most of them were character actors. I know who some of them are but was has Laura Dern done in 20 years?Julianne Moore? Mellissa McCarthy was funny once as was Emma Stone in Super Bad. Bill Hader was funny on SNL. This is the best that " Holly weird" could do?

Pathetic.

#3 Dx54r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

I wonder who funds these people. Oh right. Bloomberg. Who has a net worth of 47,000,000,000 dollars.

Speaking of which.... George Soros donated 18,000,000,000 dollars to the open society foundation yesterday. In perspective both Trump and Hillary spent around 2billion dollars during the presidential primary. George Soros could have effectively bankrolled our presidential elections 9 times over with this money. I wonder what what values the open society foundation holds and who it gives it's money to? (psst, it's not protecting the constitution)

We need to get the money out of politics.

#4 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 12,521 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:17 PM

Reality check here:  these folks get paid to read words other people write and fake emotions on command.

Why should they have ANY credibility? 

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#5 regular guy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:20 AM

Lets see them take out all assault rifles, semi auto handguns out of the movies and TV shows.  How do you think they're ratings will do then.  No Lethal Weapon cop shows on TV.  No movies like John Wick, Heat, Star Wars and on and on.  They glorify the killing in our society so let them lead by example.

#6 BigJim

• Members
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:15 AM

Lets see them take out all assault rifles, semi auto handguns out of the movies and TV shows.  How do you think they're ratings will do then.  No Lethal Weapon cop shows on TV.  No movies like John Wick, Heat, Star Wars and on and on.  They glorify the killing in our society so let them lead by example.

We're better then you, so do as we say not as we do.

Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

#7 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:04 AM

What would we do without the infinite wisdom of Hollywood?

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#8 cybermgk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

I wonder who funds these people. Oh right. Bloomberg. Who has a net worth of 47,000,000,000 dollars.

Speaking of which.... George Soros donated 18,000,000,000 dollars to the open society foundation yesterday. In perspective both Trump and Hillary spent around 2billion dollars during the presidential primary. George Soros could have effectively bankrolled our presidential elections 9 times over with this money. I wonder what what values the open society foundation holds and who it gives it's money to? (psst, it's not protecting the constitution)

We need to get the money out of politics.

Well it donated money to The Clinton Foundation, multiple times, as well as Organizations behind AntiFa. 

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#9 cybermgk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

Reality check here:  these folks get paid to read words other people write and fake emotions on command.

Sadly, there are still too many people in this country that listen to them.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#10 Mick G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:43 PM

Sadly, there are still too many people in this country that listen to them.

Some people will listen to anything and that's a big problem especially if they are listening to any celebrity. That includes the grade B and C listers on this "video". "Laura Dern said it so it must be true. Do you remember how great she was in Jurassic Park 25 years ago?"

#11 oneshot

• Members
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:19 PM

They did this campaign five years ago, has 10 million views.  What did it amount to?

everytown.JPG

Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave. - Andrew Fletcher 1698

#12 BobPistol

• Members
  • 7,540 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

We need to get the money LWW's out of politics.

FIFY

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#13 gregivq

• Members
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

Who?

#14 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 2,908 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:46 PM

I am wondering why, since they provide the easy capability to contact an individual's representative, that pro-firearm individuals can't just use this to contact their rep and say that they are FOR concealed carry reciprocity and silencer legalization, and everything else the SHARE act is promoting.

It would be an excellent co-opting of this as a tool to register support for pro-firearm causes, I think.

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#15 Elderberry

• Members
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

L.A. Times can't figure out why Hollywood profits are tanking -- neither can the NFL apparently -- old adage >> when you find yourself in a whole stop shoveling...

I'll just leave this right here.

http://www.latimes.c...0830-story.html

I'll put something clever and witty here when I think of something.........

NRA, ISRA, SAF... Vet.. Former LEO... Current Illinois Concealed Carry Permit Holder....

#16 markthesignguy

S39-(D)D.Harmon(F-) R77-(D)K.Willis(F-)

• 2,411 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:08 AM

I am wondering why, since they provide the easy capability to contact an individual's representative, that pro-firearm individuals can't just use this to contact their rep and say that they are FOR concealed carry reciprocity and silencer legalization, and everything else the SHARE act is promoting.

It would be an excellent co-opting of this as a tool to register support for pro-firearm causes, I think.

I was thinking the SAME thing. Except that my reps( Willis, Harmon, Krishnamoorthi, duckworhless and dustbin) are solidly in the knee-jerk anti / grabber category.  When I moved in here in 1992, it was SELECTED for pro gun representatives and Senators  and slowly over the years I was gerrymandered to the complete opposite.

Edited by markthesignguy, 23 October 2017 - 01:10 AM.

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign......

#17 GTX63

• Members
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:37 AM

Probably be more like European tv?

#18 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:27 AM

Probably be more like European tv?

But without the sex parts

#19 Nanook

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:00 AM

That description is also accurate for news anchors on television. The same question applies with them. 

#20 Tango7

• Members
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:52 PM

They did this campaign five years ago, has 10 million views.  What did it amount to?

attachicon.gifeverytown.JPG

It made for a great response video of all the "put down the guns" celebrities making $$$ by using guns in their movies. Waiting for a similar reply to this.
You will not 'rise to the occasion', you will default to your level of training - plan accordingly.

Despite their rallying around us at election time, honoring only 8 hours of Illinois' 40+ hour law enforcement class towards a 16 hour requirement shows the contempt that our elected officials hold us in.

#21 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 2,908 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:05 PM

attachicon.gifeverytown.JPG

It made for a great response video of all the "put down the guns" celebrities making $$$ by using guns in their movies. Waiting for a similar reply to this.

You're talking about this video, right?

Dirty version:

Clean version:

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users