Shooting at Mercy Hospital

VannDaddy

None of this hand wringing / Dart bashing / FOID complaining matters. No guns, problem solved. Thats the end game, as impossible as it seems. Illinois voted to get them all, and the process will begin soon.

Cheer up, it could be worse. JB could have been elected governor. LOL

None of this hand wringing / Dart bashing / FOID complaining matters. No guns, problem solved. Thats the end game, as impossible as it seems. Illinois voted to get them all, and the process will begin soon.

Worse yet is having a veto proof majority in both the House and Senate.

That makes Illinois truly the Land of Madiganistan.

Worse yet is having a veto proof majority in both the House and Senate.

That makes Illinois truly the Land of Madiganistan.

Lou,

With JB at the helm, taking his marching orders from Team Madigan, becoming the next New Jersey/New York is a given. So sad.

No FOID nor CCL this likely would have still happened. The man was extremely angry. His fiance called off wedding, broke up with him, and sold the engagement ring. He killed her because she stole a extremely large investment he had made. He was extremely angry, and as we all know some people in these situation will do and go to extreme measures. I do not think anything would have stopped this event from occuring.

No FOID nor CCL this likely would have still happened. The man was extremely angry. His fiance called off wedding, broke up with him, and sold the engagement ring. He killed her because she stole a extremely large investment he had made. He was extremely angry, and as we all know some people in these situation will do and go to extreme measures. I do not think anything would have stopped this event from occuring.

You're spot on there. Which, of course, points to the utter worthlessness of the entire FOID and FCCL scheme as a useless measure to actually prevent any crimes of this nature. And, since the entire raison d'être of those laws is to guard against such things, they therefore should be abolished since they literally fail to prevent what they were expressly intended to.

I seem to recall that at some point in Illinois there was some sort of legislation either passed or being considered to automatically remove or sunset ineffective, useless, or "weird" laws, like not being able to bring a monster into town in Urbana. What ever happened to that, and if it is on the books somewhere, if it can be shown that the FOID and FCCL fail at what they were intended, could it be used to remove the laws from the state code?

I must admit I am pleasantly surprised with how little follow up in the press has occurred with this shooting, especially the reality that the shooter had a concealed carry license. I really had thought this shooting would bring forth a concerted effort to further limit or even repeal the current CCL law, possibly wanting to go to "may issue".

I must admit I am pleasantly surprised with how little follow up in the press has occurred with this shooting, especially the reality that the shooter had a concealed carry license. I really had thought this shooting would bring forth a concerted effort to further limit or even repeal the current CCL law, possibly wanting to go to "may issue".

Just a guess based on the guy's documented violent history and government employment history and the fact he was able to get a CCL, there are probably a few 'influential' people that are doing what they can to sweep this under the rug before a real journalist investigates how he was able to obtain a CCL and who might have helped that happen.

That's because the guy didn't use an AR. Had he used an AR the legislature would have already passed an AWB so it would be waiting for Jaba to sign following his swearing in.

That's because the guy didn't use an AR. Had he used an AR the legislature would have already passed an AWB so it would be waiting for Jaba to sign following his swearing in.

And he was stopped by a CPD SWAT officer using a “rifle carbine” according the the Chicago Libune.

One cop was shot but the bullet hit his holster and the gun stopped it. Now it's been reported that the gunman had an "assault rifle" but that doesn't look like a rifle round to me. Also a rifle round would have done more damage IMHO.

6405336-6407707-image-a-52_1542676922871

So guns save lives?

Uh, just a simple question: Why does an officer at the scene of an active shooter situation have his weapon holstered instead of in his hand?

One cop was shot but the bullet hit his holster and the gun stopped it. Now it's been reported that the gunman had an "assault rifle" but that doesn't look like a rifle round to me. Also a rifle round would have done more damage IMHO.

6405336-6407707-image-a-52_1542676922871

So guns save lives?

Uh, just a simple question: Why does an officer at the scene of an active shooter situation have his weapon holstered instead of in his hand?

He could have been carrying a rifle?

Maybe that was his back up?

Either way, it might have saved his life.

I believe anything passed in the ILGA and not vetoed, signed, or overridden goes away and must start anew with the new governor so it does them no good to pass one pre JBP inauguration.

And he was stopped by a CPD SWAT officer using a “rifle carbine” according the the Chicago Libune.

Get with the program...

Cop with riffle (or any gun) - good!

Citizen with riffle (or any gun) - bad!

Initial reports all said he had an "assault rifle". The police eventually corrected the people to say it was a handgun, but for a few minutes there "assault rifle" was all over the place.

The AR-15 the cop shot him with isn't an assault rifle, of course. (The responding police were mostly carrying rifles).

Get with the program...

But wait, aren't all law enforcement officers fascist, racist pigs with psychopathic, murderous agendas to exterminate minorities and people of color?

Well our senior Senator is now using this incident to call for "assault weapon" bans. Here's what he posted on his YouTube channel today. Didn't know he had a YouTube channel? Neither did I until today! And you can leave comments! I left a choice one, I fully expect his staffers to disable comments before long of course, Sen. Durbin probably doesn't like actual public discourse.

Well our senior Senator is now using this incident to call for "assault weapon" bans. Here's what he posted on his YouTube channel today. Didn't know he had a YouTube channel? Neither did I until today! And you can leave comments! I left a choice one, I fully expect his staffers to disable comments before long of course, Sen. Durbin probably doesn't like actual public discourse.

Durbin is another disingenuous and disgusting ideologue who should be removed from office for his unfitness.

In fact, most of our politicians should be removed from office and barred from any taxpayer-funded positions.

The VAST majority of Illinois Voters have spoken, and they have gotten EXACTLY the Morons they DESERVE.

You'll find me chanting "GO, LEMMINGS, GO!!!!"....

And helping them PUSH...

No longer fighting the horde, but rather egging them on to their destruction,

while avoiding getting caught in their plunge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfAJFujkxk

Durbin is another disingenuous and disgusting ideologue who should be removed from office for his unfitness.

In fact, most of our politicians should be removed from office and barred from any taxpayer-funded positions.

Have to wonder how he became a multi millionaire while in public office.

Get with the program...

But wait, aren't all law enforcement officers fascist, racist pigs with psychopathic, murderous agendas to exterminate minorities and people of color?

True except when the other option is a citizen with a gun.

Get with the program...

Yes, but all private individuals with guns are members of militias secretly plotting to kill every single child (as well as all their neighbors and family members) and overthrow the government. At least the cops would leave some people still alive.

Archived