Anyone else over a year and still waiting?

My wife and I both took our CCL/CCW course in February 2018. Around the 95 to 100 day mark she received hers, but mine was denied June 2018 due to answering "yes" to one of the preliminary questions.

Submitted my appeal the last week of June 2018 with supporting documentation. As of today, I am still waiting and the ISP website still shows "Appeal Under Review".

It has gone beyond ridiculous at this point. The state didn't hesitate to take the licensing fees but they can basically sit on their "posterior points of contact" and do absolutely nothing?

I've even submitted notorized affidavits stating that I had inadvertently answered yes to one of the preliminary questions as suggested by Molly B., but that seems to have done nothing for my cause (at no fault of hers of course/I'm grateful for her assistance).

Anyone else still waiting or have any suggestions? I've been tempted to seek legal council but even as broke as this state is they would just continue to drag it out, racking more attorney costs on my end.

Ok, rant over, sorry :)

It is infuriating. I suggest you contact the acting Director of the ISP Brendan Kelly and inform him that your mistake on the application has taken more than a year to rectify and is still unresolved.

Director Brendan Kelly

Illinois State Police

801 S. 7th Street

Springfield, IL 62703

(217) 782-7263

Contact your state rep and senator too.

• 2 weeks later...
I applied for and received my FOID Card November 2017. Then in May 2018 I received a letter that my card had been revoked. I submitted the proper appeal paper work and corresponding forms that were needed immediately. I have left countless messages with the appeal department over the past 15 months. I have gone as far as writing a letter and also speaking to the people who answer their main line. They can tell me that my appeal was received June 2018 and they can see that my letter was also received but it’s still under review and sometimes it can take a while but no one ever gives me a real answer. I am at a loss as what to do at this point. I joined this forum to see if anyone else has any ideas on what my next steps should be.

• 3 months later...

I may be in the same boat as you. Submitted my application in March 2019. In July was sent a letter that my photo didn't comply. Uploaded a new photo. It's now November 20th 2019 and still under review. Somehow I think the state has taken my $150.00 and I've got nothing.

Has it been 120 days from when you submitted the new photo?

Submitted my CCL renewal on 1/5. I submitted my FOID renewal in May which reset the clock on my CCL. In August my training certificate was rejected because of a missing digit and I resubmitted the same day (8/29). I was able to reach someone on the helpline last week and they said probably another 45 business days. I will see if I break the year barrier!!!! Utah and Arizona processed my renewal in under 2 weeks and a lot less money.

Archived