After four months of legal carrying: what are you carrying?

vito

When I received my license in the first days of March, I started out carrying my Ruger sr40c, which holds 9 +1 of 40S&W. While not overly large or heavy, I now find that I leave the Ruger at home most of the time and carry a much lighter S&W642 with 5 rounds of 38+p. And some days I go even lighter with the Ruger LCP with 7 rounds of 380ACP. Wonder if others have gone through similar changes once they started carrying.

When I received my license in the first days of March, I started out carrying my Ruger sr40c, which holds 9 +1 of 40S&W. While not overly large or heavy, I now find that I leave the Ruger at home most of the time and carry a much lighter S&W642 with 5 rounds of 38+p. And some days I go even lighter with the Ruger LCP with 7 rounds of 380ACP. Wonder if others have gone through similar changes once they started carrying.

XDs 45acp Corbon or Glock36 carried inside the waistband with Remora holsters. While working around my property outside some days my Taraus TCP 380.

Give me 45acp or give me death !!

Most of my friends who carry have also gone thru a similar evolution. Many have changed to .380's or I know one guy who carries a little Beretta .22.???

I (believe it or not) was carrying a Glock 21 but now I have worked my way down to a Ket Tec PF9. At under a pound and 7+1 of 9mm, I don't even know it's on my hip.

Despite some negative press, I have never had a FTF and I guess I put about 500 rounds thru it so far.

Depends on clothing. When it was cooler and I wore a lot of pullovers, I always carried my S&W Shield 9mm in an OWB. As it warmed up and clothes got thinner, I pocket carry my S&W M&P Bodyguard .380, but still have my Shield or Glock 36 in my car console. I' ll go back to OWB and the Shield when the weather cools and clothes get bulkier.

I am carrying Sig P6 most of the time.

If I am wearing a lose shirt move up to a 1911 LW Commander,

If sig is to big downsize to 6 shot Colt SF-6.

I am unwilling to carry a .380 or a mini gun. I work at being able to carry a decent sized pistol that I can shoot well and is super reliable under all conditions.

Itrerestingly, I went the opposite way. I started with a shield .40 for about a month, then went to my SR9c. Figured id get used to the feel with something smaller, then work my way up.

Ended up going with the Ruger because its what im more confident in if I should ever have to use it, with less recoil and better followup shot potential. Also the larger grip would be easier to grab in a high stress situation i think.

Granted, its a bit on the uncomfortable side at times but it also reminds me its there. Carry an LC9 in the pocket when I tuck the shirt in, and with the new striker LC9, if the trigger is as good as the SR9c I might switch to that fulltime.

BUT, if that SR45c ever comes out, that will always be the answer. Gamechanger for me.

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., August 3, 2014 at 02:16 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., August 3, 2014 at 02:16 AM - No reason given

I am unwilling to carry a .380 or a mini gun. I work at being able to carry a decent sized pistol that I can shoot well and is super reliable under all conditions.

dear god...

Ask for your money back on your class. Stop switching trigger types! If your gonna switch carry what you shot last so your mind can handle it. Throwing that first round is what your setting up.

BTW a g19 no finger grooves gen 4 in a raven acr once it cools it will be strong side with x300u

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

I started out carrying an FNS 9mm 4" OWB. That worked well when it was cold and I was wearing a coat. As it warmed up, I moved to an M&P 9c OWB. Now that it is summer, I have been carrying an M&P 9mm Shield IWB.

Most days, a Kahr CM9 in a pocket holster with a spare mag.

For special occasions, where I have to dress like a grown up, a P3AT with 2 spare mags.

Breaking in a Crossbreed IWB for a Para 3 inch 1911 now, we'll see how that goes, once the leather fits comfortably without making me squirm.

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., August 3, 2014 at 02:16 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., August 3, 2014 at 02:16 AM - No reason given

I am unwilling to carry a .380 or a mini gun. I work at being able to carry a decent sized pistol that I can shoot well and is super reliable under all conditions.dear god...

Ask for your money back on your class. Stop switching trigger types! If your gonna switch carry what you shot last so your mind can handle it. Throwing that first round is what your setting up.

BTW a g19 no finger grooves gen 4 in a raven acr once it cools it will be strong side with x300u

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

Absolute garbage. Maybe your mind can't handle dealing with different trigger types but that doesn't mean everyone can't.

Archived