CCW Safe wins court case for concealed carrier charged with murder.

This is a story written when the case was rested - It tells a little more about what the police thought and what witnesses said. Note the fact the Prosecutor didn't like that the 'story' didn't match the evidence - and the defense said the shooter was in shock at the time of the interview. DON'T Talk to police without a couple of sleep cycles... it's what the police do. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

State rests its case in biker murder trial

ETA - I see InterestedBystander ^^^^ beat me to the punch with the second story :)

In short...

If you're involved in a shooting, announce to the dispatcher that you're a CCW licensee and that you shot someone in self-defense, then don't do or say anything until you can talk to your lawyer? But sign the police complaint anyway?

This is a story written when the case was rested - It tells a little more about what the police thought and what witnesses said. Note the fact the Prosecutor didn't like that the 'story' didn't match the evidence - and the defense said the shooter was in shock at the time of the interview. DON'T Talk to police without a couple of sleep cycles... it's what the police do. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

ETA - I see InterestedBystander ^^^^ beat me to the punch with the second story :)

In short...

If you're involved in a shooting, announce to the dispatcher that you're a CCW licensee and that you shot someone in self-defense, then don't do or say anything until you can talk to your lawyer? But sign the police complaint anyway?

"Officer, I was attacked and forced to defend myself. Here are the witnesses, there is the evidence. You will have my complete cooperation after I speak to my attorney."

In short...

"Officer, I was attacked and forced to defend myself. Here are the witnesses, there is the evidence. You will have my complete cooperation after I speak to my attorney."

+1 I forgot the 'speak with my attorney part' - kinda might want to remember that part :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived