Tried getting State Digital ID- Fail

45b

I have tried to go thru the process to get the State of Illinois digital ID that the link from the ISP website shows.

Multiple times it says "the drivers license information is invalid".

I have triple checked the information, and it is correct.

FINALLY IT WORKED. HAD TO PUT CAP LOCK ON AND PUT ALL INFO IN CAPS LIKE THIS!

The site itself is a simple fill in the blank web form. An average web page designer, could in a hour or so, make it work for multiple platforms, browser versions, and not require Java at all. I showed the form to my company IT guy and he laughed his butt off and said "You got five minutes, I can create a website form that will work with anything you use to connect to the internet with"

Just more state level incompetence on display as usual.

That site said my DL had already been used and can't create one... I guess I must have used this before for something although I can not recall what for. Anyhow, the site gets a 404 error when trying to use the "I forgot my password" button... Great.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Have you tried using the Illinois Digital Signature roaming profile recovery site?

https://instate.pki...._testedOK2.html

That site said my DL had already been used and can't create one... I guess I must have used this before for something although I can not recall what for. Anyhow, the site gets a 404 error when trying to use the "I forgot my password" button... Great.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Have you tried using the Illinois Digital Signature roaming profile recovery site?

That's the site that give you this:

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

<facepalm>

Sent from my Nexus 7

That's the site that give you this:

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

<facepalm>

It is working for me as of 1:09pm central time today.

I did not have to use all caps either, but I did have to look to see what the weight was that is listed on my license. ;^)

best

mqqn

Guys, don't be afraid to call the IT support line, 800-366-8768. They operate 24/7/365 and were most helpful when I called them. No, we shouldn't have to put up with this, but I intend to do what is necessary to get a license. Then, I can carry while trying to get the changes made!!

T

Guys, don't be afraid to call the IT support line, 800-366-8768. They operate 24/7/365 and were most helpful when I called them. No, we shouldn't have to put up with this, but I intend to do what is necessary to get a license. Then, I can carry while trying to get the changes made!!

T

They are helpful when I asked the IT dude a question. I did let him know that this could have been avoided by making the site as platform and browser friendly as possible. It would also cut down on the number of calls they are getting right now.

Yep. You have to use exactly what is on the driver's license.

I think ;)

Well, that brings up another question.

On my training cert my middle name is spelled out. just like it is on my SS card. I did it that way since it is after all my full legal name but my DL and FOID use only my middle initial. Its been that way since I first got my FOID back in '84 and my DL in '86.

Its never been an issue when paying State income taxes. I'd have to look back and see how I've signed my name on the returns.

T

Bingo. I got the "DL already in use" error. Called and a very helpful man walked me right through. He also asked why I was setting up an ID and when I told him the speculation that it would be required to apply for CC he responded with "I hadn't heard that, I better create an I.D. myself".

Don't be afraid to call support. They were fantastic.

T

They are helpful when I asked the IT dude a question. I did let him know that this could have been avoided by making the site as platform and browser friendly as possible. It would also cut down on the number of calls they are getting right now.

Double This... All Drivers License info was typed in with ALL CAPITAL LETTERS/NUMBERS(I know there isn't capital numbers LOL)

The e-mail portion/other info was specific... Took 3 minutes with IE11

Yep. You have to use exactly what is on the driver's license.

I think ;)

Well, that brings up another question.

On my training cert my middle name is spelled out. just like it is on my SS card. I did it that way since it is after all my full legal name but my DL and FOID use only my middle initial. Its been that way since I first got my FOID back in '84 and my DL in '86.

Its never been an issue when paying State income taxes. I'd have to look back and see how I've signed my name on the returns.

When the digital ID site asks for your DL info, put it in exactly as it is on your license.

Just because your middle name is spelled out on your certificate but not on your DL shouldn't be a problem... I hope!

You'll have the pictures for further verification. I'd say if the pictures match and the DL info matches, you'd be good to go.

thanks for the link but i still cant get on the sight

Check your browser first to make sure that you have the current version of Java and then delete old versions of Java from that browser.

This will test Java to see if you have the latest version; you need to do that for each browser you are trying to use.

http://java.com/en/d...d/installed.jsp

This is the Java Uninstall Tool for removing old versions.

http://java.com/en/d...stallapplet.jsp

I have IE 8

Used java.com uninstall tool to remove old java from PC

Used the Java.com site to install the newest java.

Reboot and test java at Java.com

Went to state website, passed java test. Continued w/application and after processing my password I get a "the page you are trying to reach is unavailable" with a "diagnose internet connection" tab.

Call help line and they have to deleted account the following morning.

Go back to java.com to test java and the site is unable to detect java?

Did this^ entire process from Saturday until Tuesday.

On Tuesday, after going through the above process I stopped at the application part where I enter a password.

I opened another tab, went to Java.com and tested my version of java. It said "unable to detect java".

What the heck? It past the java test at java.com immediately before the application. It passed the java test on the state website. But sometime during the application, java goes south. It's got to be a setting in my PC? Firewall?, internet setting? Java setting? I can't find it so I back out of the application.

Grab my wife's laptop, download java reboot and test. Go to states digital ID, create an account and it accepts it.!

I still can't access my account from my PC, but I can access it from Jens PC.

Still don't know what the problem is, I can only assume its a setting in my PC.

If this process isn't user friendly and can't recognize different common platforms then it shouldn't exist

I finally got my digital ID. Now the question is:

Can I use a different computer when Jan 5 comes or did it put a certificate on that computer? (Does it have to be the same computer or just one that is java/IE compatible? Guess's are acceptable for now.....

I ask because I could only get to the digital id website from my sons laptop.

Archived