Illinois Lawmaker Loses It

gravyboy77

This is exactly how i feel about living under Democratic rule.

Illinois Lawmaker Loses It

Illinois state Rep. Mike Bost ® was caught on video screaming and throwing papers as he expressed frustration about Gov. Pat Quinn's (D) plan to overhaul the state pension system.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhbRcDZiJJc

Such an outburst will probably not change the opinion or ways of the chair, it probably won't sway the opinions of fellow members and such conduct on the floor of the house could be viewed as unprofessional, well I say ______ professional, this is outright tyranny and Representative Bost was only echoing the frustrations that all of us outside cook county feel. You people in Chicago elect these tyrants and they run our whole lives. The only solution I can think of is a cow and another lantern.

I'm glad somebody is finally standing up and saying what needs to be said, and not just about this bill but most of the BS that comes out of the north.

This particular bill has really had my dad worried. He's a retired HS principal in Southern IL, the only reason he's retired already is because he was diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy and finally got to the point that he could no longer work full-time (he's currently serving on the school board, so he's not done making a difference, not yet). Even, so, he had to pay in a very large amount of money in order to do so, he also, hasn't received a cost of living for almost 3 years, being on a fixed income with mounting healthcare costs, and now a possible further decrease in annual income. It's not like he's physically able to be a mechanic again.....not now. This is what he sent me last week in regards to the particular bill that Bost went off on:

"WELL, I GUESS LEGISLATURES IN SPRINGFIELD HAVE FINALLY FOUND A WAY

TO GO AROUND THE CONSTITUTION BY PUTTING STATE EMPLOYEES AND RETIRED PEOPLE IN A COMPROMISING POSITION.

THE FAILURE OF OUR STATE TO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS HAS A LONG HISTORY.

IT IS EXPECTED THAT EVERYONE SHOULD PAY, BUT THE STATE AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES. SOME LEGISLATORS WHO ARE SERVING TIME IN PRISON STILL RECEIVE THEIR STATE PENSIONS. LIKE TEACHERS, WHO ARE CONVICTED

OF A FELONY, MAYBE THOSE LEGISLATORS SHOULD LOSE THEIR PENSION.

SHAME ON YOU! I GUESS THAT VOTING FOR THIS STATE RETIREMENT LEGISLATION IS ONE SURE WAY OF HOUSE CLEANING THE STATE GOVERNMENT!

AS A BEGINNING TEACHER 35 YEARS AGO, MY FAMILY NEARLY STARVED. I WAS TOLD, HAVE FAITH IN THAT ILLINOIS HAS A RETIREMENT SYSTEM FOR TEACHERS THAT YOU CAN DEPEND ON IN YOUR LATER YEARS.

AS IT TURNED OUT, I DEVELOPED MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY AND HAD TO TAKE EARLY RETIREMENT. I HAVE NO CHOICE, BUT TO TAKE THE STATE INSURANCE AND A DECREASED BENEFIT. EVEN THOUGH I HAD JOBS OUTSIDE OF EDUCATION, BEFORE TEACHING, I AM NOT ALLOWED TO UTILIZE MY SOCIAL SECURITY QUARTERS AND COLLECT THE BENEFIT MY EMPLOYERS AND I PAID.

WELCOME TO ILLINOIS WHO HAS FOUND A WAY TO SECURE ITS PLACE AS THE

WORST STATE IN THE COUNTRY IN WHICH TO RETIRE."

Note: Sorry for the caps but that's how he sent it to me. He doesn't type very well these days.....

Another note, how do they expect the schools to pay the teachers retirement when they are already behind on they're funding payments to already underfunded schools? In order to pay the retirement for teachers they'd either A) have to cut programs or B ) raise property taxes......so essentially then taxpayers would get hit 2x fill the coffers for the same fund.......

I don't particularly care for state employees benefits even though I'm married to one. Our government is way too big, spending way too much money and has way too much power. That goes for all of government and everyone that works for them on our dime. If they would cut 1/3 of the bull**** they spend money on they may be able pay you guys more but frankly I don't think any state employee should make more than the average wage is in the private sector.

I don't particularly care for state employees benefits even though I'm married to one. Our government is way too big, spending way too much money and has way too much power. That goes for all of government and everyone that works for them on our dime. If they would cut 1/3 of the bull**** they spend money on they may be able pay you guys more but frankly I don't think any state employee should make more than the average wage is in the private sector.

I agree completely....

Dad's argument when people said that he got paid to much was, to take the average number of hours he worked in a week / salary and it equaled about the same as the head janitor's wage at the HS. Which was running about $10-12/hour.....

Now, superintendents, I believe make too much money and don't put in near the hours.

WOW!! I just got off the phone with Rep. Bost's office and spoke with a nice lady. I told her I wanted to thanks Rep. Bost for standing up and speaking the truth .

Her response..... " OMG , Thank you! I just had a call from a person in Mo. that said he was an embarrassment to Illinois!" We had a very good conversation and I told her if that person had to live under the conditions we do , they might feel a little differently. She took my name and thanked me several times .

Such an outburst will probably not change the opinion or ways of the chair, it probably won't sway the opinions of fellow members and such conduct on the floor of the house could be viewed as unprofessional, well I say ______ professional, this is outright tyranny and Representative Bost was only echoing the frustrations that all of us outside cook county feel. You people in Chicago elect these tyrants and they run our whole lives. The only solution I can think of is a cow and another lantern.

I Bingo!

It's sad that standing up for the people and having passion for your convictions is considered "losing it".

You took the words right out of my mouth...errr keyboard, whichever.

Rep. Bost was speaking the truth and according to one article I read, several Dems thanked him for saying what they "can't" say. It's all totally out of hand and Madigan needs to retire or (more pleasingly) get evicted.

hunterdale: if you should find hat interview on line could you post a link? I couldn't find it anywhere late last night.

i just called and thanked MR.BOST for standing up to the speaker (KING PIN).

You and an awful lot of other folks. I talked to Mike Bost last night and asked about the number of positive to negative calls he got. He said it was about 500 to 1.

I also asked what was in the bill that they were trying to hide, asking for a vote in 20 minutes on an almost 300 page bill. He said that it called for the pensions of teachers and others to be paid out of our property taxes, but didn't require that in Cook County. I'm glad he spoke up and it didn't get passed.

A property tax increase is almost like getting mugged - for me anyway, I don't have a lot of options with a property tax increase.

It's almost impossible to sell your house in this economic climate.

Madigan just views us as rubes waiting to be fleeced. Thank goodness people like Bost have tried to break the cycle of tax and spend madness.

Archived