Question of licensing/law

Twuiron21

Hello! Long time reader first time poster....

I recently lost my CCW and foid.

I went through appropriate steps to get replacements.

I am a snowbird who spends 5 months in Florida. I am a Florida non resident ccw holder

Leaving for Florida October 20th.

My question is, how do I transport my weapons without a foid? When I make it out of Illinois state lines does it matter I dont have a foid on me? My Florida ccw covers me to carry in all the states I drive through except Illinois of course (IN,KY,TN,GA)

Hello! Long time reader first time poster....

I recently lost my CCW and foid.

I went through appropriate steps to get replacements.

I am a snowbird who spends 5 months in Florida. I am a Florida non resident ccw holder

Leaving for Florida October 20th.

My question is, how do I transport my weapons without a foid? When I make it out of Illinois state lines does it matter I dont have a foid on me? My Florida ccw covers me to carry in all the states I drive through except Illinois of course (IN,KY,TN,GA)

It is our understanding that lost/stolen FOIDs and CCLs are 'cancelled" and new ones are issued. You would travel in IL with your firearms unloaded and enclosed in a case. Outside IL you would follow the laws of whatever state you are in.

My question is, how do I transport my weapons without a foid? The Official Answer is you don't. My answer is a little different.

When I make it out of Illinois state lines does it matter I dont have a foid on me? Not at all.

Craig is correct. It's amazing how this state can turn you into a criminal just because you lose your permission slips to exercise a constitutional right.

Anyway, if you have a spouse do they have a FOID. If so,they can take posession of your firearms and transport them until you get out of state.

Another option that I think would be acceptable is if you have family or friends that live in Florida, mail your firearms to yourself via their residence.

^^^^^^ this right up here!

We took this one step further and had her (wife) take the CCL classes also.

Should we be stoping somewhere and I go inside a posted store, ( I do this as little as possible).

I’ll unholster, Holster and all, and go in while she sits in the car.

We did this after I was running in one day to grab out carry out food.

She was sitting in the car with it running.

And a squad pulled in beside her and smiled, she freaked as she was with the loaded handgun.

We talked about it and got her the classes.

All problems solved with the more members of a family who have a FOID and/or a CCL.

Archived