Online ammunition sellers who will ship to Chicago

ammo online retailers ammunition

• Please log in to reply
552 replies to this topic

#541 Raw Power

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 01:25 PM

I'm looking to buy bulk 9mm (ideally 147 grain, but I'd get 124 or 115 grain if priced right). I can walk into a big box store right now and buy 100 rounds of brass-cased 115gr for around .16 each (plus tax). Is there anyone out there who can beat that right now (free shipping, specials, etc)? Shipping would (obviously) be to a 606 zip.

Target Sports ships to Chicago

Here's the cheaper stuff...

If you join Prime Ammo you save a little bit more, they send you a gift near the end of your annual membership and shipping is always free no matter how small your order is. Good deal if you buy lots of ammo.

I like the Speer Lawman 124 and 147 which runs around .20 per.

Thanks a lot! That place looks like a winner.

#542 Raw Power

• 1,575 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 01:26 PM

I'm looking to buy bulk 9mm (ideally 147 grain, but I'd get 124 or 115 grain if priced right). I can walk into a big box store right now and buy 100 rounds of brass-cased 115gr for around .16 each (plus tax). Is there anyone out there who can beat that right now (free shipping, specials, etc)? Shipping would (obviously) be to a 606 zip.

I usually check out wikiarms and then check it against our vendor list to see who is GTG.

https://www.wikiarms.com/group/9mm

If you see a price you like and the vendor isn't on our list you can also check their website for shipping policy and if they don't say they won't ship to Chicago you can always give them a try and see what happens. Worst case scenario is they refund your money or deny the transaction. I've found a couple good vendors that way. If you do find someone good, please let us know so I can update the list.

Thanks! Good info for shopping around.

#543 Illini2A312

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:33 PM

Was thinking of maybe trying Target Sports out for my next purchase (after browsing their site I almost wonder how much of a markup most brick-and-mortar stores are using). They asked for my FOID when I created my account (which I uploaded), do they only need the front side of the permit/do they need your DL as well or anything else? Also, do you need to be physically home when they deliver or can it be held somewhere if you're not home (like a secure access locker or FedEx/UPS store/pickup location)?

#544 McCroskey

With Liberty and Justice for all

• 3,679 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:40 PM

Was thinking of maybe trying Target Sports out for my next purchase (after browsing their site I almost wonder how much of a markup most brick-and-mortar stores are using). They asked for my FOID when I created my account (which I uploaded), do they only need the front side of the permit/do they need your DL as well or anything else? Also, do you need to be physically home when they deliver or can it be held somewhere if you're not home (like a secure access locker or FedEx/UPS store/pickup location)?

I believe they just need the FOID front and back. If they want anything else they will ask.

Technically FedEx and UPS stores aren't supposed to hold ammo or similar, but I've done it a few times and not heard any complaint from FedEx or UPS about it. If you're not home they may leave a notice asking you to go get it from the distribution center or request redelivery.

“By concord little things grow great, by discord the greatest come to nothing.”
-Roger Williams

Second Amendment Foundation Life Member

#545 RS1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:47 PM

FedEx has left on my front stoop a few times. Only once was anything taken and it was 1000 rounds of Thunderbolt 22lr that was returned opened, but with nothing missing, the next day. I guess not even package thieves want that stuff. I found out why when I shot it.

#546 Illini2A312

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 02:46 PM

I believe they just need the FOID front and back. If they want anything else they will ask.
Technically FedEx and UPS stores aren't supposed to hold ammo or similar, but I've done it a few times and not heard any complaint from FedEx or UPS about it. If you're not home they may leave a notice asking you to go get it from the distribution center or request redelivery.

Thanks, this was helpful. Do they usually contact you to schedule a delivery time then? Also, are there any restrictions wrt Chicago ordinances as to what types of ammo you can order (I've heard places such as MidwayUSA are finicky about this)?

#547 McCroskey

• 3,679 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:20 PM

Thanks, this was helpful. Do they usually contact you to schedule a delivery time then? Also, are there any restrictions wrt Chicago ordinances as to what types of ammo you can order (I've heard places such as MidwayUSA are finicky about this)?

You can sign up for an online account with both and get delivery updates.

The only ammo you can't have shipped to you from the best of my knowledge is 50 BMG and armor piercing. AP is banned outright.

-Roger Williams

#548 Illini2A312

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:10 AM

You can sign up for an online account with both and get delivery updates.
The only ammo you can't have shipped to you from the best of my knowledge is 50 BMG and armor piercing. AP is banned outright.

Makes sense, thanks. From what I've read earlier on in this thread it seems standard defensive carry ammo is ok though? Also, any idea how they'd ask you for the signature if you live in an apartment (as opposed to a house where they can just walk up and ring your doorbell for delivery)?

#549 Gator4838

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:41 AM

There is a signature required or not option in the shipping section of the checkout.they leave it on my porch at home,I chose the no signature option,though my wife is home and looking for it.in a apartment I imagine they would ring your bell if you want to sign,if not probably leave it in your vestibule.I am a target prime ammo member and not only do you get a discount on all ammo you order,you also get unlimited free shipping.I like that,if I see a box that I want to buy,I feel comforted that the cost of shipping does not exceed the cost of ammo.I normally receive my order in 4-5 business days.

#550 RandyP

• Members
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:34 PM

I just placed an order online for some Garand ammo from this PA outfit. I triple checked with them and they said OK with my Chicago address and e-mailing them a copy of my FOID.

I will report back when/if the ammo arrives so they can be added to the list one way or the other.

https://www.chestnut...oducts/ammo.asp

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

#551 RandyP

• Members
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 01:22 AM

Ammo arrived safe and sound to my Chicago address. Please add Chestnut Ridge to the database of vendors that WILL ship to Chicago.

Edited by RandyP, 08 December 2019 - 01:22 AM.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

#552 McCroskey

• 3,679 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 08:07 PM

Ammo arrived safe and sound to my Chicago address. Please add Chestnut Ridge to the database of vendors that WILL ship to Chicago.

Thanks for the new add. I'll note they shipped rifle ammo. Most of the difficulty has been around handgun ammo, but no reason people can't try them anyway.

-Roger Williams

#553 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 4,146 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:23 PM

Awww yeah, they gots .25 ACP! Gonna feed my Phoenix Arms Raven .25 goooot now! Ring of fire, baybee! Ring of fiiiii-yaaaah!

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

InX89li.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ammo, online retailers, ammunition

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Flingarrows