Photo

101st General Assembly 2019 & 2020 Bills

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#181 THE KING

• Members
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:06 PM

Is it safe to say that a majority of Democratic Illinois lawmakers just don’t care about our 2nd amendment rights? Lol

After reading these proposed bills I think it's safe to say that our lawmakers are out of their ******* minds.

NRA Patriot Life Member - Endowment
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#182 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:11 PM

http://www.ilga.gov/...onID=108&GA=101
Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Illinois Insurance Code.

HB5170 INS-SURPLUS LINES-FIREARMS
NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member; GOA Member
🇺🇸

#183 InterestedBystander

• 7,203 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:13 PM

Is it safe to say that a majority of Democratic Illinois lawmakers just don’t care about our 2nd amendment rights? Lol

After reading these proposed bills I think it's safe to say that our lawmakers are out of their ******* minds.
And these aren't even reflecting changes in the shell bills they are submitting.
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member; GOA Member
🇺🇸

#184 THE KING

• Members
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:17 PM

And these aren't even reflecting changes in the shell bills they are submitting.

That's the scary part. I think it's going to be a long year. I think we all know how this plays out. Bad gun bills we are forced to compromise on. Good gun bills die in committee. Thanks Mike Madigan. Rant off.

NRA Patriot Life Member - Endowment
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#185 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 21,306 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:19 PM

Synopsis As Introduced

Well that's a piece of work. The bill requires insurance while limiting the options to purchase insurance.

#186 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 4,323 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:30 PM

I don't know if I agree with that, because sometimes the thing that the MOST needy people require MOST is the ability to defend themselves against predatory criminals, and survival due to self-defense is a need that supersedes even eating, in the immediate scope.

I thought about that, but I don't think our fight is to provide firearms at no expense anymore than we would fight to provide cars, phones, etc at no expense.

Besides, money is fungible.

Actually, since the right to keep and bear arms is just that, a right, and cars, phones, et cetera, are things that are material privileges, I am ALL for poor and disadvantaged people receiving subsidies to be able to obtain the means to defend themselves. I'd rather my taxes go to that than a lot of other things—pretty much to that than just about ANYTHING.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of free speech, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?
 One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest. Me Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck. Samurai proverb An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. Robert Heinlein I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist. Me "It ain't braggin' if you done it." Will Rogers <p> InX89li.jpg     

#187 FST_Kent

• Members
  • 7,445 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:27 AM

We already have no duty to retreat in Illinois.

Exactly, so the bill makes no sense.

The sponsor seems to be overthinking it a little, but the civil/criminal immunity is worthwhile.

We've had civil immunity on the books for years,

Just how does this criminal immunity in the law work?

Will one just be able to call up local law enforcement and explain they used lethal force in self defense and everything is OK now, please come pick up the body(s)?

#188 mab22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:39 AM

Synopsis As Introduced

Well that's a piece of work. The bill requires insurance while limiting the options to purchase insurance.

1. Kinda like Obama care?
2. Isn’t that forcing you/us into commerce for a right? 

Example, in order to be a newspaper/reporter/blogger/blogger (insert other kewl terms)  you have to have a state license and defamation and or liability insurance. 

Void the FOID!

#189 mauserme

• Admin
  • 21,306 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:57 AM

I like your analogy.

#190 InterestedBystander

• 7,203 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:35 AM

So after yesterdays date for submitted bills, now we are into monitoring for amendments and shell bill changes, correct?
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member; GOA Member
🇺🇸

#191 mauserme

• Admin
  • 21,306 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:38 AM

So after yesterdays date for submitted bills, now we are into monitoring for amendments and shell bill changes, correct?

Yep, and committee assignments/hearing postings.

ETA A few more new bills could still straggle in, too.

Edited by mauserme, 15 February 2020 - 09:40 AM.

#192 InterestedBystander

• 7,203 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:09 AM

I have not checked yet for any changes to the ILGA website witness slip pages or process this year. To encourage my laziness, do you know if things are the same and this archived post is still a valid good reference?
http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=32865

Edited by InterestedBystander, 15 February 2020 - 11:23 AM.

FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member; GOA Member
🇺🇸

#193 mauserme

• Admin
  • 21,306 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:45 PM

I have not checked yet for any changes to the ILGA website witness slip pages or process this year. To encourage my laziness, do you know if things are the same and this archived post is still a valid good reference?
http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=32865

lol You made me go look. No changes that I was able to find.

#194 mauserme

• Admin
  • 21,306 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:46 PM

By the way, that topic is being un-archived in case ever do need to update the instructions.

#195 InterestedBystander

• 7,203 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:07 PM

By the way, that topic is being un-archived in case ever do need to update the instructions.

I see a youtube video link was posted on the GOP site

Edited by InterestedBystander, 15 February 2020 - 11:09 PM.

FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member; GOA Member
🇺🇸

#196 mauserme

• Admin
  • 21,306 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:18 PM

HB5671 FOID - Appeal was filed today:

Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Provides that notwithstanding any prohibitions on granting relief from obtaining a Firearm Owner's Identification Card because of federal law, the Director of the Illinois State Police, or the circuit court for various violations, may grant relief when the federal prohibition on possession of firearms is predicated solely on a provision of the Criminal Code of 2012, including, but not limited to, possession of a firearm by a felon, that would no longer apply to the applicant upon granting of relief under the appeals provisions of the Act. Effective immediately.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users