Florida CCL approval

tommyd78

Here in the state of Florida, they actually have offices set up in government buildings to help people complete their application.attachicon.gif20170225_090445.jpg

I was in Fort Walton Beach a few weeks ago and applied in person, in and out in under an hour, pay by credit card with no additional surcharge.

I posted this previously, was in Orlando and applied in person on Thursday 1/26. Permit approved on Monday 1/30. Received in mail 2/3.

I applied for the florida permit Jan.03rd and status on their website says that it is still currently being processed.

Oh my, here's to hoping they didn't read about your Illinois ordeal........

You really need some good Luck after all that.

Keep us posted as before!

lol. you aint kidding!!! here we go again. ill keep you guys posted and see what happens.

Came in the mail today.

That was really quick. Their website says 50-55 days on average. Up to 90 days by law. Tried reaching them by phone earlier today but hung up after waiting on hold for 15 mins.

Wait, there're law states 90 days?

And they have a web site that says avg of 50 to 55 days?

Where is the Floridian Carry site at?

Those people should all be "up in arms" at this process!

Maybe we can merge our outrages and get the processes down to say......15 days! :-)

LOL. Just checked Florida ccl status and it says the the background check results they received from LEO were inconclusive and they are attempting to verify my criminal history. They will continue to research the matter and I should check back in 30 days. Unbelievable.

Florida can be picky, especially with ambiguous background check results... they're just covering their butts.

In my case, I had a BS misdemeanor arrest back in the 90s in a podunk Arkansas town I was living in.... before any records were computerized... so their background check only showed a single line docket entry for a misdemeanor, but showed no other information... what the crime was, was the case resolved, was I currently a fugitive from Arkansas justice living in Illinois, etc lol.

I ended up having to call the county circuit clerk on the single day of the week they do court business (hey, I said it was podunk lol)... even they only had a hand-written entry on an old court docket, but it showed that the case was resolved via payment of a small fine. She signed a notarized statement saying that the case was resolved, and there were no outstanding warrants, then faxed that to Florida for me. After that, all went smoothly. I think it took somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 days or so to get my Florida license.

LOL. Just checked Florida ccl status and it says the the background check results they received from LEO were inconclusive and they are attempting to verify my criminal history. They will continue to research the matter and I should check back in 30 days. Unbelievable.

Florida can be picky, especially with ambiguous background check results... they're just covering their butts.

In my case, I had a BS misdemeanor arrest back in the 90s in a podunk Arkansas town I was living in.... before any records were computerized... so their background check only showed a single line docket entry for a misdemeanor, but showed no other information... what the crime was, was the case resolved, was I currently a fugitive from Arkansas justice living in Illinois, etc lol.

I ended up having to call the county circuit clerk on the single day of the week they do court business (hey, I said it was podunk lol)... even they only had a hand-written entry on an old court docket, but it showed that the case was resolved via payment of a small fine. She signed a notarized statement saying that the case was resolved, and there were no outstanding warrants, then faxed that to Florida for me. After that, all went smoothly. I think it took somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 days or so to get my Florida license.

you think you would have denied by florida if you had not done " their " job in researching your background? i wonder if itll make a difference if i let florida know that i hold an Illinois ccl.

how can i find out whats in my record that is making florida research and Illinois review me for 14 months before finally being approved?

and who is florida waiting on to verify?? will it take florida another 14 months to receive the required information they are asking from Illinois?

Ok so I just received a letter from Florida stating they are suspending the process of the application Based upon a domestic battery in 1998. Says I was arrested for or formally charged.

Well those charges were eventually dropped and the case was dismissed. Does anyone here know how or where I can get a copy of the final outcome of that case so I can A) keep for my records and B) send to Florida?? I have 26 days to respond to them.

I like the fact that Florida sent me the reason why and within their 90 days. I applied for Florida Jan. 3rd.

Does anyone here know how or where I can get a copy of the final outcome of that case so I can A) keep for my records and :cool: send to Florida?? I have 26 days to respond to them.

I like the fact that Florida sent me the reason why and within their 90 days. I applied for Florida Jan. 3rd.

Same as my case a few posts up... you need to get in touch with the court in the jurisdiction of your arrest and get documentation stating that the charges were dismissed.

I went to the markham courthouse and was able to obtain certified statements of disposition which states the charges were dismissed. Now I just have to write a statement on my behalf. Do I just avoid details about the domestic battery charge and tell them basically that the alleged incident ended with the charges ultimately being dismissed and leave it at that? I think with the court document I'm sending along with the isp approval letter stating they also investigated Leo objections and found I was not a danger to myself or others is sufficient. Any thoughts on how to proceed with the written statement? I plan on sending the response by Friday as I have 26 days to respond as of march 2nd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived