Maxon now allows AK's, photography.

Patriots & Tyrants

That was always an annoying arbitrary policy. Right up there with banning steel cased but non bimetal bullet ammo, which I think Gat still does.

I get the purpose was to keep bimetal bullets outta the traps for wear and fire safety. But, there are lots of guns that shoot bimetal ammo. They are better off inspecting any customer brought ammo.

And it's not just steel cased either. Pretty much any American milsurp brass cased ammo is also bimetal. I'm sure people were firing off milsurp Lake City 7.62x51 or greeny m855 5.56x45 out of non AK platforms and the place is still standing.

I have no idea what that link is for, it's not to Maxon's domain. Maxon's site still says "no photography/videography".

It's a screen grab from the email Maxon's sent out this morning. OP is just using a URL shortener or some 3rd party to host the grab. The screen grab is legit but I suspect they just haven't updated their website yet.

I have no idea what that link is for, it's not to Maxon's domain. Maxon's site still says "no photography/videography".

It's a screen grab from the email Maxon's sent out this morning. OP is just using a URL shortener or some 3rd party to host the grab. The screen grab is legit but I suspect they just haven't updated their website yet.

Exactly, fastest way I could screen grab the e mail ; the way it was laid out was not friendly to a bigger screen grab.

This is why I like OnTarget in Crystal Lake. They are fine with and even sell steel cased (but obviously still don't allow bimetal). They are also fine with reloads.

They are one of the few places that let you test/pattern a shotgun using shot.

If the place is empty they allow rifle and handguns on the rifle range so you dont have to double your fee to shoot all your guns.

I think they're really feeling the hit with all the new ranges opening up. Especially being that they're in Chicago County...

It might not seem like such a big deal to allow photographing, but I (unfortunately) know a buncha people that love to pose in the range stall...Personally, I like recording my shooting in slowwwww-mo so I can study my shooting habits. On-Target doesn't care AND has a kick a** ventilation system....Range@355 allows all of the above plus (though not encouraged/advertised) they let you doubletap/rapid fire, as long as you're in control...once they see you getting reckless, they'll put a stop to it with lightning speed....AND they're both cheaper than Maxon's?....the only real reason for me to go to Maxon's is the location (I'm in Morton Grove).

Nice. Now if Article 2 would only reverse their similar arbitrary ban on steel cased ammo...

Im sure I have posted this on here before...

But I have had Article 2 sell me steel cased Tula ammo (762x54r) to use on their range. And I have also brought in steel case ammo to use on their range.

So maybe if its allowed or not just depends on who is at the counter when you check in :huh:

Aside from that, does anybody know why Maxons would specifically prohibit the use of AKs on their range?

Was it just because most cheap 762x39 ammo is imported and has bi-metal bullets?

Maybe they didnt want those commie rifles on their range?

Aside from that, does anybody know why Maxons would specifically prohibit the use of AKs on their range?

Was it just because most cheap 762x39 ammo is imported and has bi-metal bullets?

Maybe they didnt want those commie rifles on their range?

Sounds as good of a reason as any, but there have been reports of inconsistent policies with such rifles there. Not only range use but allowing AKs and ARs to be stored in their rental lockers. As soon as one post would say denied because of Cooks AWB, another would post storing them there with no problem.

Hopefully things are coming around. I generally like them, but they arent as close as I would like. Wonder whats going on with the new Warrenville location?

Off topic: I just left Maxon a couple hours ago and meant to ask what AR lowers they had, and the prices, but it slipped my mind as I was leaving. Does anyone know why they don't post their inventory and prices on the website? Wouldn't that draw more sales?

Off topic: I just left Maxon a couple hours ago and meant to ask what AR lowers they had, and the prices, but it slipped my mind as I was leaving. Does anyone know why they don't post their inventory and prices on the website? Wouldn't that draw more sales?

It's here:

https://maxonshooters.com/shop/online-shop/

They must have added this recently, hopefully pictures coming soon. Appreciate it.

Edit: Their listed prices are a bit ridiculous. They do throw in a free range pass with purchase of a firearm. Still not worth it when you can order online for $100-200 cheaper including the FFL transfer, and avoiding IL tax.

Archived