it's been 140 days for ccl any legal ramifications for not issuing in time

You may try contacting your state senator or congressman, I know Senator Chuck Weaver has helped several people with their FOID card.

Chuck Weaver is the best. BTW MollyB helped him with his CCL.

Approaching 1 year on my appeal.With no response at all from ISP. When you consider all that's going on in Illinois.I would say it wouldn't be a stretch to say it's only going to get worse.I mean,we have four years to go & with the collar counties around Chicago falling in line with the gov.I remember seeing our present governor on tv saying."When I am elected.the NRA will have no place to hide".Not saying to give up,but "really" what can you do? How much do you spend to obtain your rights?If the state wants to sit on this.What can you do.What bothers me is that this is just a taste of things to come.If these people win the 2020 election.And maintain a majority as they do in Illinois.It's going to get ugly.The democrats will never get over the 2016 loss."Never".And they are going to do whatever they have to do to make sure it dosent happen again.

The main force behind holding the system responsible is having a Gov. who will enforce the deadlines. We don't have that any more.

We are left to the courts and lawsuits. Those take a lot of time.

But have any actually been filed?

With the 7th Circuit decision affirming that carry is a civil right, an excessive delay in the regulatory process would also be a 1983 federal civil rights violation. Should be a slam dunk suit when they're violating both Illinois law and Federal civil rights protections. There isn't a precedent that I'm aware of for what amount of delay is acceptable, but pretty sure that more than 120 days would be too much. There is also court precedent for proceeding with court decisions even though the state would probably get around to issuing the licenses in the meantime.

I’m now at 122 days. Still says “under review” and my license expired on 4/15. I am still carrying on my expired license, since my timely renewal attempt is being neglected by the state. Two questions:

1) My CCL instructor informed us that our expired licenses are still valid, so long as we applied for renewal prior to the expiration and the application is still under review. Is this true, or am I breaking the law?

2) When a class action is eventually filed against the state, how do I make sure to sign on as a plaintiff?

1) My CCL instructor informed us that our expired licenses are still valid, so long as we applied for renewal prior to the expiration and the application is still under review. Is this true, or am I breaking the law?

True
430 ilcs 66/70 ©

c) A license is invalid upon expiration of the license, unless the licensee has submitted an application to renew the license, and the applicant is otherwise eligible to possess a license under this Act.

I'm at about 117 days with my fingerprints on file. I don't worry too much in state since I'm sure any cop could see the renewal on the computer and read the law.

But I'm very concerned about reciprocity when I travel out of state. Does anyone have insight on that issue?

The state gave themselves an out against any lawsuit. Typically a suit asks for some type of relief, but since your ccl remains active as long as you've applied for renewal then there is no relief to be gained. A lawsuit is a no win situation.

In an unfortunate scenario, say a person is hurt and/or permanently injured in a self defense situation while under review 120+ days in (for a first time applicant/no carry). If they would have otherwise been armed, could the lawsuit be held on the grounds of their medical, pain and suffering, and future disability? Or worst case scenario, a person dies and family sues for wrongful death caused by the state over their denied right to self defense? It's a stretch but possible... I think.

The state gave themselves an out against any lawsuit. Typically a suit asks for some type of relief, but since your ccl remains active as long as you've applied for renewal then there is no relief to be gained. A lawsuit is a no win situation.

In an unfortunate scenario, say a person is hurt and/or permanently injured in a self defense situation while under review 120+ days in (for a first time applicant/no carry). If they would have otherwise been armed, could the lawsuit be held on the grounds of their medical, pain and suffering, and future disability? Or worst case scenario, a person dies and family sues for wrongful death caused by the state over their denied right to self defense? It's a stretch but possible... I think.

(430 ILCS 66/45)

Sec. 45. Civil immunity; Board, employees, and agents. The Board, Department, local law enforcement agency, or the employees and agents of the Board, Department, or local law enforcement agency participating in the licensing process under this Act shall not be held liable for damages in any civil action arising from alleged wrongful or improper granting, denying, renewing, revoking, suspending, or failing to grant, deny, renew, revoke, or suspend a license under this Act, except for willful or wanton misconduct.

(Source: P.A. 98-63, eff. 7-9-13.)

(430 ILCS 66/45)

Sec. 45. Civil immunity; Board, employees, and agents. The Board, Department, local law enforcement agency, or the employees and agents of the Board, Department, or local law enforcement agency participating in the licensing process under this Act shall not be held liable for damages in any civil action arising from alleged wrongful or improper granting, denying, renewing, revoking, suspending, or failing to grant, deny, renew, revoke, or suspend a license under this Act, except for willful or wanton misconduct.

(Source: P.A. 98-63, eff. 7-9-13.)

That is trash. Is "willfull or wanton" even able to be proven? I hate this state's govt and laws.....

Archived