CZ 75 series Pistols---talk to me

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 soundguy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:13 AM

My CZ update:

I went shooting today... Just the CZs. And I weighed them before I left home... The P-01 is a full 7 ounces lighter than the 75 Compact. Since I shoot equally well with each, the P-01 will visit Cajun Gun Works for a tune-up (Defensive Carry Package) in January and become my EDC. I can hardly wait! Already planning for the possibility of doing the same to the 75 Compact if I love it... Or maybe the Pro Package? I'm very excited.

I sent my P-01 to CGW in mid January. Just got the call to discuss the work a few minutes ago. It will be on the bench this week and home sometime next week. I've opted for the Pro Package.

I plan to visit the range with it and its unaltered 75 Compact brother as soon as it arrives. I will likely report back to this thread, good or bad, and I'm anticipating very good. I can hardly wait!

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#62 jim schad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:06 PM

Wasn't gonna but finally gave in as it's accepting the picture with the reply.  Have multiple clones made by Tanfoglio (Italy) in two calibers (9mm / 41AE).  Going back to the late eighties or early nineties when Excam and FIE were both still alive and importing.  Are CZ75 clones that actually accept CZ parts in repair work.  EAA is now the remainder of what was FIE.  

Run a few boxes of 9 in practice  and then end with two or three mags of the 41.  Carry as 41 and you almost have to reload for this one.  Short article in the May 2017 Shooting Times on the 41AE that only scratches the surface on that one.  Brass can also be made using the 10MM and turning the base down.

000_0025.jpg

Edited by jim schad, 20 March 2017 - 12:19 PM.

#63 jim schad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:17 PM

Also had a short run of all case hardened gun that I have no pictures of and yes the grips are obviously not standard.  This one from FIE and the previous one from Excam which shows the slight differences in the two from the same manufacturer.  Prefer the Excam as it seems to run anything you feed it with never a malfunction which is why I'm comfortable using it for a carry gun.

So yes there is a devoted following of some for the CZ75 and its clones.  Difference in the two calibers in the same gun is double return spring and 410 barrel for the 41AE and single return spring and 9mm barrel for the 9mm.  Twenty seconds to convert to either one.

Attached Thumbnails

• 000_0026.JPG

Edited by jim schad, 20 March 2017 - 12:24 PM.

#64 NakPPI

• Members
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:31 PM

This though.... http://www.gunbroker.../item/631343227 Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Stung by the result of McDonald v. City of Chicago, 130 S. Ct. 3020 (2010), the City quickly enacted an ordinance that was too clever by half. Recognizing that a complete gun ban would no longer survive Supreme Court review, the City required all gun owners to obtain training that included one hour of live‐range instruction, and then banned all live ranges within City limits. This was not so much a nod to the importance of live‐range training as it was a thumbing of the municipal nose at the Supreme Court.

#65 mikew

• Members
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

This though.... http://www.gunbroker.../item/631343227 Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Too bad it's not in hebrew.

that would be cool.

המוסד

#66 milq

• Members
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

There are some "semi-compact" 75s (full frame, short slide) with the Menorah on them that pop up on Gunbroker sometimes. A very rare few of Menorah marked aluminum frame compacts as well, I've been watching for one for awhile.
Good night Chesty, wherever you are.

Visit my Illinois RTC/Pro 2A blog: Steel on Target

#67 geomick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:38 PM

There are some "semi-compact" 75s (full frame, short slide) with the Menorah on them that pop up on Gunbroker sometimes. A very rare few of Menorah marked aluminum frame compacts as well, I've been watching for one for awhile.

There are a number of CZ75 variants on the surplus market that passed through Israel over the years. They used a steel frame compact with a decocker, for example.

#68 NakPPI

• Members
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:22 AM

This particular seller only puts a few of the marked CZs up at a time, you just have to watch his sales and when he lists them 500 at a time it gets exhausting. Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Stung by the result of McDonald v. City of Chicago, 130 S. Ct. 3020 (2010), the City quickly enacted an ordinance that was too clever by half. Recognizing that a complete gun ban would no longer survive Supreme Court review, the City required all gun owners to obtain training that included one hour of live‐range instruction, and then banned all live ranges within City limits. This was not so much a nod to the importance of live‐range training as it was a thumbing of the municipal nose at the Supreme Court.

#69 BradS

• Members
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:12 AM

I like the looks of the matte stainless CZ75's.

Screenshot_2015-08-29-21-43-24_zpse0q00b

I think those are zebra wood grips.
my target stands classified thread:

http://illinoiscarry...topic=40920&hl=

#70 NakPPI

• Members
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

Speak of the devil... http://www.gunbroker.../item/631561103 Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

#71 Raven312

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

Screenshot_2015-08-29-21-43-24_zpse0q00b

You should shoot one, if you haven't.  I just traded mine for an SP-01 Shadow, and though I love the Shadow, I miss my matte stainless.  Great shooter.

a0Inm3B.jpg

#72 geomick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:02 PM

Next scheduled "CZ Day" is at Second Amendment Sports in McHenry on Saturday April 1st. Among the CZ pistols available to shoot that day will be the not-yet available P-10c.

#73 FiveSeven

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:07 PM

Any chance there will be a Shadow Target II there?

#74 milq

• Members
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:47 PM

You should shoot one, if you haven't.  I just traded mine for an SP-01 Shadow, and though I love the Shadow, I miss my matte stainless.  Great shooter.

Is that a Compact L????

I bought a steel frame railed Compact recently, love it but it's darned heavy.

#75 Raven312

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:16 AM

It's model # 99021, a steel frame short run they did (which is probably the one you have). It's essentially a dumbed down (European) Shadow Line Compact: http://www.czub.cz/e...hadow-line.html
it was my favorite shooter until I got an SP-01 Shadow.

Sent from my Mate 9. Sorry if I missed any misspellings.

Edited by Raven312, 25 March 2017 - 07:17 AM.

#76 milq

• Members
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:24 AM

Yup, same one that I have. The guys at the CZ forum keep calling them SP-01 compact but they have the frame girth of the Tactical Sport. CZ custom showed the Shadow Line Compact for awhile but I haven't seen them on there for awhile, I'd love to have an aluminum frame safety model.

Edited by milq, 25 March 2017 - 09:26 AM.

#77 geomick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:05 PM

Any chance there will be a Shadow Target II there?

only if you are bringing one (I don't own one and I'm certain 2A Sports doesn't have one in the rental case)

#78 soundguy

• 4,603 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:00 PM

My CZ update:

I went shooting today... Just the CZs. And I weighed them before I left home... The P-01 is a full 7 ounces lighter than the 75 Compact. Since I shoot equally well with each, the P-01 will visit Cajun Gun Works for a tune-up (Defensive Carry Package) in January and become my EDC. I can hardly wait! Already planning for the possibility of doing the same to the 75 Compact if I love it... Or maybe the Pro Package? I'm very excited.

I sent my P-01 to CGW in mid January. Just got the call to discuss the work a few minutes ago. It will be on the bench this week and home sometime next week. I've opted for the Pro Package.

I plan to visit the range with it and its unaltered 75 Compact brother as soon as it arrives. I will likely report back to this thread, good or bad, and I'm anticipating very good. I can hardly wait!

Once your gun reaches the bench at Cajun Gun Works it takes no time at all for the work to be completed!

I received a call from them Monday afternoon to confirm the details of my order request... And another today to double check after the work was completed. My "improved" P-01 should be home before the weekend!!!

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users