Dallas gunman opens fire outside federal courthouse, dies

Euler

ABC News

A gunman who appeared to be wearing tactical gear and wielding an assault rifle opened fire outside a federal courthouse in Dallas Monday morning, but no one aside from the alleged shooter appeared to be injured in the incident, police said.

The alleged gunman ... was gravely wounded in the gunbattle with Federal Protective Service officers, said Matthew DeSarno, special agent in charge at Federal Bureau of Investigation Dallas/Fort Worth office. [The gunman] was taken to Baylor University Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, DeSarno said at a news conference.

Cell phone video ... appeared to show the gunman dressed black tactical gear, including a bulletproof vest. The video shows the shooter taking up a position outside of the courthouse, peeking around a corner and randomly pointing a rifle at people.

Police have yet to comment on a possible motive for the shooting.

Good work by law enforcement taking this guy down before he harmed anyone, but . . . given how he was armed and equipped, that guy must have been exceptionally incompetent not to have hurt anyone.

This is him:

D9Ryy3QXkAE1_5L.jpg

Here is another photo of the dead criminal, and I'm thinking that how he's handling that rifle in it, maybe it's not so surprising that he didn't shoot anyone, because he doesn't seem to know how to handle a firearm at all:

Brian-Clyde-with-a-gun-750x430.jpg

Here is video taken of the incident. He definitely does not seem very tactically capable based on this:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1140651959189430273

Dude was wacko. Posted on 6/9 about “a storm coming” while brandishing his AR. Also from his posting he looked like an avid user of the chans (government is currently going after them to try and shut them down)

Steve, what is the Chan’s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Chans are an anonymous posting board were a lot of breaking/raw news is posted and information is dumped before the MSM touches it. It’s also not edited and the anons find the goods on people involved and such.

Dude was wacko. Posted on 6/9 about “a storm coming” while brandishing his AR. Also from his posting he looked like an avid user of the chans (government is currently going after them to try and shut them down)

Steve, what is the Chan’s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are hundreds of Chan sites. Possibly thousands. The feds can't possibly shut all of them down, and when they attempt it, the Chan board in question simply moves all of it's archived content to another server in another country. Back online within a day. Lots of the Chans are also mirrored on the dark web and only accessible via a TOR browser.

At first this didn't pass the sniff test. I was wondering why they took him to Waco, where Baylor University is. Turns out there are several Baylor Medical Centers, and one is in Dallas. I am curious why they took him to Baylor instead of Methodist, though. Methodist appears to be closer and is a level 1 trauma center.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

At first this didn't pass the sniff test. I was wondering why they took him to Waco, where Baylor University is. Turns out there are several Baylor Medical Centers, and one is in Dallas. I am curious why they took him to Baylor instead of Methodist, though. Methodist appears to be closer and is a level 1 trauma center.

Capacity, perhaps? Or maybe they wanted him to take the scenic route...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Capacity, perhaps? Or maybe they wanted him to take the scenic route...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sounds like they might have taken the Gieco commercials a bit too seriously. "15 minutes could save you 15% or more on judicial expenses." Sorry, not sorry.

Why does it not surprise me that Steve knows what chans is.

Does not look right in the head...

I think somebody watched "Braveheart" over the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxwrtS7hb0o

Sift through the garbage and you’ll find the good stuff, like breaking news and info dumps

Suicide by cop. The shooter only shot at the building and once at the glass door. A mentally ill veteran, who was reported unstable to the FBI two years ago.

I'm not in favor of red flag laws, but there must be a middle ground somewhere.

BTW, Baylor University does not have a medical school for 50 years. The medical center in Dallas just never changed the name. Always causes us some confusion.

Archived