Online ammunition sellers who will ship to Chicago

ammo online retailers ammunition

• Please log in to reply
499 replies to this topic

#481 PeepSight

• Supporting Members Team
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:59 AM

I did not see Bud's Gun Shop in the updated list, but FWIW they shipped shotgun ammo to me here in the Chicago city limits, zip 606xx. I sent them FOID and DL.

#482 Eli Mcfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:35 PM

Add https://www.midamericamunitions.comthey also deliver to Chicago and it's surrounding. They're known for their 300 blackout frangible ammo. They have great customer service. My go to for all my ammo!

#483 officedrone

With Liberty and Justice for all

• 3,523 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 03:53 PM

I did not see Bud's Gun Shop in the updated list, but FWIW they shipped shotgun ammo to me here in the Chicago city limits, zip 606xx. I sent them FOID and DL.

I'm hesitant to add them as a dependable seller of ammo to Chicago as they've previously been really adamant about not sending anything here. If someone can get in touch with them and confirm they are good to go on shipping all ammo (except 50 BMG and AP) to people directly in the City of Chicago (not to an FFL, not to another address outside the city, etc.), then ok.

“By concord little things grow great, by discord the greatest come to nothing.”
-Roger Williams

Second Amendment Foundation Life Member

#484 officedrone

• 3,523 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 03:53 PM

Add https://www.midamericamunitions.comthey also deliver to Chicago and it's surrounding. They're known for their 300 blackout frangible ammo. They have great customer service. My go to for all my ammo!

Thank you, added.

-Roger Williams

#485 MrOwl

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:45 PM

As far as I can tell from their website, Ammunition Depot, located in FL, also DOES NOT sell ammo to Chicago or Cook County, but does to other IL residents with a FOID -> https://www.ammuniti...ing-and-returns. I didn't check to see if their policy changed, but that's what is on their website as of today.

Edited by MrOwl, 09 June 2018 - 02:47 PM.

#486 PeepSight

• 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:11 AM

I'm hesitant to add them as a dependable seller of ammo to Chicago as they've previously been really adamant about not sending anything here. If someone can get in touch with them and confirm they are good to go on shipping all ammo (except 50 BMG and AP) to people directly in the City of Chicago (not to an FFL, not to another address outside the city, etc.), then ok.

Understood. They did ship to my door via Fedex in the city of Chicago, but if others have had issues leave them off the list.

#487 Ionthetarget

• 18 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:56 PM

Understood. They did ship to my door via Fedex in the city of Chicago, but if others have had issues leave them off the list.

To Test if Bud's Gun Shop will ship to Chicago, I placed an order on Wednesday 6/20 and Fedex delivery is scheduled for Friday 6/22.  This is from Bud's Illinois restrictions:Illinois State Restrictions: Customers must possess a valid Illinois FOID (Firearm Owner’s ID) card to purchase firearms or ammunition anywhere in Illinois. Alternately, persons possessing a valid Illinois Concealed Carry License may present their valid license in lieu of the FOID card. It must be faxed or emailed to us prior to shipment. FOID cards are sent to the same place as FFL dealer information (ffl@budsgunshop.com / Fax 800 804 5569)

#488 officedrone

• 3,523 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:14 PM

To Test if Bud's Gun Shop will ship to Chicago, I placed an order on Wednesday 6/20 and Fedex delivery is scheduled for Friday 6/22.  This is from Bud's Illinois restrictions:Illinois State Restrictions: Customers must possess a valid Illinois FOID (Firearm Owner’s ID) card to purchase firearms or ammunition anywhere in Illinois. Alternately, persons possessing a valid Illinois Concealed Carry License may present their valid license in lieu of the FOID card. It must be faxed or emailed to us prior to shipment. FOID cards are sent to the same place as FFL dealer information (ffl@budsgunshop.com / Fax 800 804 5569)

If true, then this would be a complete 180 for Bud's. Let me know when your order arrives safely and I'll add them to the list! 

-Roger Williams

#489 Ionthetarget

• 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:30 PM

If true, then this would be a complete 180 for Bud's. Let me know when your order arrives safely and I'll add them to the list! 

Yes, I received my shipment as scheduled from Bud's without a problem. 

#490 officedrone

• 3,523 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:04 PM

Yes, I received my shipment as scheduled from Bud's without a problem. 

Ok, thank you. I've added them.

-Roger Williams

#491 mchenryill

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 03:36 PM

Anybody ever order from LAX Ammunition? So far I'm not impressed. Three weeks and my order still hasn't shipped.

#492 Euler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:07 PM

Anybody ever order from LAX Ammunition? So far I'm not impressed. Three weeks and my order still hasn't shipped.

I ordered some 308 Win from them once. They were not fast, but it wasn't three weeks. They send me lots of spam, too.

WARNING: Everything contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

#493 mchenryill

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:19 PM

OK, I exaggerated. 19 days. The longest I ever waited on an order. They  had a good price on 8mm and everyone else was out of stock. Not likely to order from again.

#494 chislinger

• Members
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:01 PM

I know they've been flaky before but Midway USA just accepted my order for some shotgun ammo, which they haven't done before. They should ship tomorrow, I'll let you know if they do!
"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#495 chislinger

• Members
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:16 AM

I got a shipping notice today with a tracking number, estimated for Tuesday delivery. 60625 ZIP code.
"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#496 chislinger

• Members
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:41 AM

Ammo was delivered today. IMHO Midway is now GTG.

#497 jagt48

• Members
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:31 PM

Howdy neighbor. I was just in 60625 this weekend picking up Baker Miller.

Interesting that Midway has not accepted a shotgun ammo order in the past. Did you have other ammo in your cart? I've ordered ammo several times from there without issues, including 12 gauge and .308. I'm pretty sure I've also ordered .45 Colt. If you try to order 9mm, .38/.357, .22, .45 ACP, and something like .25 ACP you get the error. It's whatever was called out by name in the Chicago ordinance from a couple of decades ago. Notice .40 S&W isn't listed? It was invented in 1990. That's how old it is. The ATF book of all laws still includes this ordinance, so that's what Midway follows. I believe the state's attorney is responsible for updating the ATF. Pretty sure she isn't likely to any time soon...

#498 officedrone

• 3,523 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:59 PM

I successfully ordered .32 S&W Long from them around the time I started this thread. Other people have reported to me they placed an order for the same ammo, only to have Midway cancel it. They are so flaky about which ammo they will ship here and when that I really think it's best to leave them where they are. It is very possible that they're going by the ancient ammo list circa 1984(!!), or at least some of them are, and who knows what the others there are doing.

Glad to hear they got you your shotshells, chislinger.

-Roger Williams

#499 chislinger

• Members
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:34 PM

I successfully ordered .32 S&W Long from them around the time I started this thread. Other people have reported to me they placed an order for the same ammo, only to have Midway cancel it. They are so flaky about which ammo they will ship here and when that I really think it's best to leave them where they are. It is very possible that they're going by the ancient ammo list circa 1984(!!), or at least some of them are, and who knows what the others there are doing.

Glad to hear they got you your shotshells, chislinger.

Apparently they still won't allow the old "saturday night special" handgun rounds. But they seem to allow everything else now.

Edited by chislinger, 18 September 2018 - 02:39 PM.

#500 chislinger

• Members
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:40 PM

Howdy neighbor. I was just in 60625 this weekend picking up Baker Miller.

Interesting that Midway has not accepted a shotgun ammo order in the past. Did you have other ammo in your cart? I've ordered ammo several times from there without issues, including 12 gauge and .308. I'm pretty sure I've also ordered .45 Colt. If you try to order 9mm, .38/.357, .22, .45 ACP, and something like .25 ACP you get the error. It's whatever was called out by name in the Chicago ordinance from a couple of decades ago. Notice .40 S&W isn't listed? It was invented in 1990. That's how old it is. The ATF book of all laws still includes this ordinance, so that's what Midway follows. I believe the state's attorney is responsible for updating the ATF. Pretty sure she isn't likely to any time soon...

Yes, they still have that policy based on the ordinance that was repealed long ago.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ammo, online retailers, ammunition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users