Room Clearing/Home Defense Course in the Midwest?

ride5150

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to find a course that teaches how to clear a house somewhere in the midwest. Looking specifically for a training facility that has a legitimate "home" setup (walls, rooms, etc.) Pistol is ok but would prefer something that focuses on a 12ga pump. I've looked at the NRA personal protection in the home course, but it just looks like a shooting class that doesn't go over clearing a home.

Anyone know where I can find something like this?

Thanks in advance!

I took Tier 3 with Pulse (www.pulsefirearmstraining.com) in Davenport in September. One word to describe the class: awesome. It was 3 days, about 60% on the range (indoor) with drawing the gun and engaging under multiple scenarios, 40% using those skills, as you learn them, in a shoot house with force on force using UTM practice rounds in UTM equipped glocks.

One thing I'll tell you, clearing a structure all by yourself is suicide mission. During the force on force I was shot multiple times, I think I gave better than I got, but unless you're in a team of people that you train with consistently structure clearing is not a choice I would make unless my loved ones' lives were on the line. Period.

The instructors were excellent. I think all of them were ex-military, they worked as contract operators, training for government security, and even Front Sight. They helped me with my anticipation flinch and raised my confidence to new heights. Check them out.

It wasn't an actual house. It was a roughed in structure on the second floor of the range. The floors above the range had steel plates and pretty much everything else was wood (2x4's and plywood). The roughed in structure had intersections, 2 or 3 rooms, each room had 2 doors, most of the time only one door would be in play. We went over confronting individuals and pairs, sometimes one of the individuals was not aggressive to practice running into a nonviolent person after dealing with a violent person. They would have rubber knives and/or UTM firing Glocks. We started off alone against one attacker, then alone against two. Since we were all nonLEO's, they told us why clearing rooms alone was not advised, but taught us the theory and skills, but every situation would most likely be different, getting a solid handle on these skills takes lots of practice with constant team. None of us knew each other before the class so we had no experience working with each other. That made moving through and communicating silently difficult. It was kind of like drinking from a fire hose with all of the info. We all gained skills and experience we didn't have before. But I look at doing it in a real life situation like going toe to toe with a pro fighter, there may come a time when your life or your loved ones' lives will be on the line so you get in the ring knowing it's a bad idea but you're the only hope.

Archived