New Here and Starting Uphill Battle to Restore RIghts

chrisjj

Dec 23 applied for FOID

Dec 24 payment processed through bank

Feb 13 Still under review (day 52)

Using inspect trick;

"QC_VERIFIED">under review<

I think it has been under QC_VERIFIED for at least a week or so now, cant remember when I first checked. If it is going to get denied due to background, fine, let it get denied so I can appeal. If not lets get moving :)

Tried to call everyday multiple times, have yet to talk to someone other than a recording.

Request for FOID appeal, I checked the box that says "I am requesting relief from the firearm prohibitor _____________, for which my FOID card/application was revoked/denied.

Question what goes in space? Should it be Illinois State Police? (It was a non-forcible felony)

Request for FOID appeal, I checked the box that says "I am requesting relief from the firearm prohibitor _____________, for which my FOID card/application was revoked/denied.

Question what goes in space? Should it be Illinois State Police? (It was a non-forcible felony)

You should list the reason they gave you in the denial notice.

I have my statement finished and in-process of getting three letters of character reference.

Question #1

Should I include documentation to prove what I say in statement; college transcripts, proof of employment, and volunteering records?

Question #2

How long/.brief should character reference letters need to be? My references don't care either way but don't want to be to brief nor too verbose.

I have my statement finished and in-process of getting three letters of character reference.

Question #1

Should I include documentation to prove what I say in statement; college transcripts, proof of employment, and volunteering records?

Question #2

How long/.brief should character reference letters need to be? My references don't care either way but don't want to be to brief nor too verbose.

#1 - Yes.

#2 - long enough to include how long they have known you, in what capacity, and their testimony about your character and a statement that they believe you to be a responsible, law abiding person now who is not a threat to society and not a danger to self or others.

Archived