Foid/ccl appeal

Ash2323

Its been over 97 days and still no word or update on my foid/ccl appeal.......had them revoked due to a domestic battery involving my cousin, i was found not guilty sent in all the paper work state said they received my paper work on August 23, 2017 and still no answer can anyone help to see how far along the process is due to the fact i need my foid/ccl for work related environment

I'll tell you from experience most people with Domestic Battery Charge are placed under Board Review. It's not about wether or not you were Convicted, the Charge alone causes Law enforcements to submit an objection.. I know that's the last thing you wanted to hear but that's the reality!!

I'm not sure if is application would still be up for objections, given the fact that the application was already once approved. I'm sure they will still delay processing the application because thats just the way the ISP roles.

My recommendation is give it some time and if your really antsy give the ISP a call to see how far along your application is.

• 2 months later...

I’m in a similar situation as well. I was arrested due to a misunderstanding and charged with felony theft. After all was said and done case was DISMISSED.

I sent in my paperwork in June 2017 and I’m STILL here waiting. I call every other month to the ISP and they give me the same answer every time. “There is no set timeframe on how long it takes to review but we are reviewing it you just have to wait.”

Are you still waiting as well?

I recieved a letter stating a cook county’s sheriffs office objected and the board of review gave me a chance to reply. In the letter i also received a food appeal request but why when my foid card is valid and I haven’t been denied yet? I was convicted of a (verbal) aggrevated assult misdemeanor charge 16 years ago and i was discharged in satisfactory after completing a 1 year court supervision and 10 days community service.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived