FOID & CCL Number Differ

Voodoo Child

They do match on the ISP portal. Putting "18" does not work.

Cool.

Put your old FOID where you keep out of date stuff.

Use your CCL/FOID number and present your CCL for buying ammo and guns, background checks, etc.

Contact ISP by email and ask if they sent a new FOID last January. It was probably lost in the mail.

If they did, ask if they can send a replacement, or if you need to report it lost.

Do whatever they recommend.

What are the first two numbers of your CCL?

That's the plan first thing Monday along with calling the company I applied for and trying to explain this mess. Right now, I really don't care about the CCL and would like to know if they could just activate the old FOID number to ensure everything goes along smoothly and just mail me a new CCL with the matching number.

That's the plan first thing Monday along with calling the company I applied for and trying to explain this mess. Right now, I really don't care about the CCL and would like to know if they could just activate the old FOID number to ensure everything goes along smoothly and just mail me a new CCL with the matching number.

Your CCL number IS your new FOID number.

Give the employer your CCL number as your FOID and explain the mistake... you didn't realize the new FOID with matching (to the CCL) numbers was sent and never arrived...

The old FOID number is gone.

Forever.

I just noticed that my FOID and CCL license numbers are different. When I checked to see if the FOID number was valid, it was not. The one from the CCL comes up as valid. How big of a problem is this going to be with a federal job I just applied for???

Why would the federal government be concerned about the number on your FOID. The FOID has no meaning outside of Illinois.

Also, the validity of your CCL depends on the validity of your FOID. In post #18 your state the your FOID and CCL match on the ISP website.

Are you saying one part of the ISP recognizes your FOID and another part does not?

It's an armed/open carry job with a federal company. When the validity of my FOID card is checked by the company it will come back invalid. They didn't ask me for my CCL.

Tell them your number changed and you inadvertently gave them the old one.

Your CCL number is your new FOID number.

Your CCL is valid for all FOID purposes.

When they run your CCL it will be valid.

Honest mistake... and you caught it before they did.

It's an armed/open carry job with a federal company. When the validity of my FOID card is checked by the company it will come back invalid. They didn't ask me for my CCL.

Maybe there was a glitch when you checked it that will be corrected by the time the company does the checking.

It might be less frustrating to wait for the company to contact you if there is a problem. Numerous posts attest to the difficultY for a private citizen contacting the ISP.

Archived