FOID Active, Lost in the mail

My FOID went active July 24th. I had not received it as of August 8th or so, so I called and they said they wouldn't do anything until 30 days. I now know that I should have immediately ran to the gas station and bought a dozen powerball tickets since I experienced the minor miracle of someone answering the phone at ISPFSB.

The FAQ says to call the phone number if you don't receive your FOID after 30 days. I have waited until after 30 days and called about 25 times this past week and the system hung up on me every time.

Since calling is futile, should I just report it Lost/Stolen via the website. I am concerned I will be penalized if I do that. Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So...

FOID Renewal went Active: February 4, 2020

I have USPS Informed Delivery and it shows arriving today (Feb 8, 2020). Yep, guess what was NOT in the mailbox; I checked the Informed Delivery box "I did not receive this mailpiece.". Hopefully, it was misdirected to a neighbor, and they will get it to me. Unbelievable!!!!

YES! USPS successfully delivered my renewed FOID on Feb 10, 2020!

Edited by capnbill

So...

FOID Renewal went Active: February 4, 2020

I have USPS Informed Delivery and it shows arriving today (Feb 8, 2020). Yep, guess what was NOT in the mailbox; I checked the Informed Delivery box "I did not receive this mailpiece.". Hopefully, it was misdirected to a neighbor, and they will get it to me. Unbelievable!!!!

I’ve had the same thing happen several times, I checked the box and it always came the next day.