Photo

ILGA House sessions canceled again for next week; deadlines changed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 7,327 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:20 AM

Reported at CapFax today. Email sent to House Democrats.

Good morning, members

Please be advised that the session days scheduled for next week will be cancelled. Regarding the committee deadline for House bills, which was previously extended to April 3, that deadline will be extended to April 24. The 3rd reading deadline for House bills will be extended to May 8, which will now be a scheduled session day. Note that these and other deadlines will be reviewed and extended as needed moving forward.

As I indicated in previous communications, the session schedule is in flux, and members should be prepared to return to Springfield to address urgent matters, including during the weeks of April 5 and April 12 (the legislative spring break).

Furthermore, we are planning to have another conference call for House Democratic caucus members on Monday, March 30 at 9:30 a.m. Discussions on budget-making and the hospital assessment program are ongoing this week members should anticipate receiving a status update on these matters during the Monday call.

Finally, the Office has been working on a Google Drive folder that contains all the various pieces of information thats been shared by the Governors Office and others. The intent is to make it easier for you to navigate all the quickly changing information on various topics. We will continue to update that folder with new information on a daily basis you will find that each file is dated, so you can quickly see how recent the information is. You can view that folder and its contents through this link: https://drive.google...SmQ?usp=sharing

I would encourage you to share this link with your district office staff.

Take care and be well,

Jessica

Jessica Basham, Chief of Staff
Office of the Speaker
Illinois House of Representatives

Edited by InterestedBystander, 25 March 2020 - 10:23 AM.

NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member; GOA Member
🇺🇸

#2 F12Mahon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:51 AM

I need permission to access. Figured I would but thought I would try anyway. Not gonna request permission. I wonder if this is shared with Republicans.

Eugene

#3 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 7,327 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:47 AM

I need permission to access. Figured I would but thought I would try anyway. Not gonna request permission. I wonder if this is shared with Republicans.

Eugene

This went to house Democrats, hence my expectation link is for House D legislators and their staff.
NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member; GOA Member
🇺🇸

#4 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 21,481 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:14 PM

I hear the Senate is anticipating a similar change, but nothing yet.

#5 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 21,481 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:55 AM

Subject to change as events warrant, Senate session is also now officially canceled next week.  They're not scheduled again until 4/21/2020.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users