Virus and gun sales

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Windermere

Bacon Junkie

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:42 PM

I was curious and I called a few places.

Shore galleries has 3 pistols left for sale

Maxon shooters is all out of glocks and told me to call back next week. He said its a madhouse there.

Bass pro in Gurnee ( which I called to ask about a fishing rod) said you can barely walk in the hunting area.
"Always remember, your ability to shoot and have a firearm makes it so that you are not subjected to the whims of other people without your permission. So, in other words, if you don't want to get raped, robbed, pillaged, or plundered... get a gun."
-Clint Smith

#2 Fuddster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:49 PM

Sales in the Champaign area increased significantly Friday afternoon and into Saturday.

Oh boy, wabbit twacks!

#3 Kaeghl

• Members
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:53 PM

I wondered about that. 

What does having a gun have to do with keeping a virus away? What is in everyone's minds about this? Am I missing something? Was there a new bulletin in the Journal of Medicine saying shooting off some .45s or 9mm knock out a fever?

Are people buying guns because they think civilization will collapse with a cold? "Gotta protect my stash of Kleenix and Metamusil."

Kind of late for that, son.

thoughts?

#4 soundguy

• 6,805 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:11 PM

I was at the Hoffman Cabela’s yesterday. It didn’t seem really busy to me but there was a waiting line at the gun counter. Folks seemed to be looking at handguns. A clerk in the menswear area said folks seemed to be buying guns and stocking up on ammo.
Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#5 Rangerdeepv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:30 PM

No 5.56, 9mm to be found! There are a few 45 ACP and revolver calibers but none of the main stream around. 

#6 Euler

• Members
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:36 PM

We have to get ready for the zombie hordes.

This is still Illinois, so all the gun and ammo sales have to be to people with FOIDs. I know there are people who have FOIDs and don't own firearms (or didn't previously), but how many of them decided to buy guns now? More to the point, how many people with FOIDs are buying guns for people without FOIDs? You know, to protect the children. From the zombies.
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#7 Windermere

Bacon Junkie

• 1,862 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:37 PM

I wondered about that. 

What does having a gun have to do with keeping a virus away? What is in everyone's minds about this? Am I missing something? Was there a new bulletin in the Journal of Medicine saying shooting off some .45s or 9mm knock out a fever?

Are people buying guns because they think civilization will collapse with a cold? "Gotta protect my stash of Kleenix and Metamusil."

thoughts?

Well what got me to start calling was like i mentioned a fishing rod, and then my wifes cousin came over and said she wants to buy a gun and we both looked at her like for what?

She said in case it turns into a free for all.  so i called around and everyones running low.

i went online to look at ammo and basically nothing to be found.

"Always remember, your ability to shoot and have a firearm makes it so that you are not subjected to the whims of other people without your permission. So, in other words, if you don't want to get raped, robbed, pillaged, or plundered... get a gun."
-Clint Smith

#8 mikew

• Members
  • 5,227 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 02:03 PM

"Gotta protect my stash of Kleenix and Metamusil."

Thanks for the reminder.  I am running low on the Metamusil.

#9 JoeM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 02:09 PM

Corona zombies, the worst kind
Never pet a burning dog!

#10 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 03:43 PM

No 5.56, 9mm to be found! There are a few 45 ACP and revolver calibers but none of the main stream around. 

I'm glad I listened to my prepper friends and heeded their advice about getting more ammo. I now have a bullet in both shirt pockets.
Have all boated who fish?

#11 Sweeper13

• Members
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 04:26 PM

I heard from a friend that was at a gun shop a few days ago. He was told sales are higher then Xmas and alot of first time owners.

Edited by Sweeper13, 15 March 2020 - 06:20 PM.

#12 NakPPI

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 04:45 PM

Friend of mine panic bought a Sig p320 from Bass pro. Was the floor model, they gave him a discount. Yeah they are legit running out of guns.
Stung by the result of McDonald v. City of Chicago, 130 S. Ct. 3020 (2010), the City quickly enacted an ordinance that was too clever by half. Recognizing that a complete gun ban would no longer survive Supreme Court review, the City required all gun owners to obtain training that included one hour of live‐range instruction, and then banned all live ranges within City limits. This was not so much a nod to the importance of live‐range training as it was a thumbing of the municipal nose at the Supreme Court.

#13 spanishjames

• 3,190 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 04:54 PM

Shoot Point Blank was sold out of all pump shotguns and Glock 19s on Saturday afternoon. Ammo shelves were almost bare, and there was a line of customers for gun purchases.

Definitely busier than during Black Friday events.

To disarm is to consent to slavery.

#14 RyanC

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 05:14 PM

[/quote]I'm glad I listened to my prepper friends and heeded their advice about getting more ammo. I now have a bullet in both shirt pockets.[/quote]
Coors ligt?

#15 papa

• Members
  • 6,374 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 05:44 PM

The way things are going it wouldn't take much for people to go full stupid.

#16 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 05:45 PM

Glad I have thousands of shirts.

#17 InterestedBystander

• 7,327 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 05:55 PM

We have to get ready for the zombie hordes.This is still Illinois, so all the gun and ammo sales have to be to people with FOIDs. I know there are people who have FOIDs and don't own firearms (or didn't previously), but how many of them decided to buy guns now? More to the point, how many people with FOIDs are buying guns for people without FOIDs? You know, to protect the children. From the zombies.

So now an increase in new FOID applications probably making an already compromised system take longer than it already is?
NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member; GOA Member
🇺🇸

#18 Illini2A312

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 05:59 PM

Maxon shooters is all out of glocks and told me to call back next week. He said its a madhouse there.
Bass pro in Gurnee ( which I called to ask about a fishing rod) said you can barely walk in the hunting area.

Anyone know how Maxons is doing currently on ammo? I booked a reservation 2 weeks out from today with their new system but I'm wondering if there'll be any left by then.

#19 357

• 1,855 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 06:25 PM

I wondered about that. 

thoughts?

You're missing a lot. Have you seen the bare shelves on the news? What you think would happen if people are hungry and desperate. It wouldn't take much for law and order to break down. Who would have thought it would come to this. For the same reason you bought a gun, to protect themselves and family and property. It's a wake up call for them, better late than never, and as courts have affirmed police have no duty to protect people.
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#20 KHJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 06:53 PM

Thanks Gov. Jaba the Hut, for causing more panic amongst the sheep.  I saw a run on ammo at the Decatur Rural King and at the Walmart for food.  Following the Usefal Idiots Playbook to the tee.  I’m so glad to be out of this state in a month. 

#21 RS1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 09:58 PM

That seems crazy. I was in there in Friday. It was busier than usual but they still had well stocked shelves. Were you just asking about new or Glocks or something?

Find it hard to believe people are panic buying used .454 casull revolvers or High-standards or a $1,600 Sig X-five. But hey, better that than a years supply of toilet paper I guess.

#22 carry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 10:17 PM

I was gonna go panic shopping, but then I realized had no money, so I just panicked.

#23 DG53

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 10:34 PM

Online ammo site are warning of delays in shipping. Up to 14 day due to ‘unprecedented’ demand. I guess they forgot about 2014. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 548F1CAE-C90F-4AAE-9C2F-BF27D6C90074.png

To truly say 'Never Again' requires having the means to back up that statement.

#24 Windermere

Bacon Junkie

• 1,862 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 10:40 PM

That seems crazy. I was in there in Friday. It was busier than usual but they still had well stocked shelves. Were you just asking about new or Glocks or something?
Find it hard to believe people are panic buying used .454 casull revolvers or High-standards or a $1,600 Sig X-five. But hey, better that than a years supply of toilet paper I guess.

Call and ask
-Clint Smith

#25 RS1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 11:03 PM

Call and ask

I'll stop in tomorrow.

#26 ddan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 09:03 AM

Maxon posts a six hour snapshot of inventory:

https://www.maxonsho...store/new-guns/

getting kinda thin....

#27 cybermgk

• 2,344 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 09:28 AM

Lucky gunner s out of stock of ALL 9mm ammunition

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#28 blck10th

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 10:15 AM

I work at shoot point in Hodgkins. As of Saturday all we had was 2 G26’s and the Gucci glocks. Ammo is pricier because of the tax and people were buying the bulk blazer with the taxes it is almost 300 for 1k. The place has been a zoo with people waiting to buy up anything and everything. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#29 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 13,393 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 08:12 PM

Walmart has a lot of .22LR but all of the 9mm is sold out.

That's OK though because after the Obama ammo scare, I stocked up on 9mm like crazy

“Most gun control arguments miss the point. If all control boils fundamentally to force, how can one resist aggression without equal force? How can a truly “free” state exist if the individual citizen is enslaved to the forceful will of individual or organized aggressors?

It cannot.” 

― Tiffany Madison― 

#30 Just some guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 06:14 AM

I heard from a friend that was at a gun shop a few days ago. He was told sales are higher then Xmas and alot of first time owners.

I hope those "first timers" vote in November

Fast is fine, accurate is final.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users