Official: Post Up Your 30 Day Letters... Most Wins!

Windermere

And they haven't told you what the objection is for? Do you have a foid?

I've had a foid for 20 yrs. And my Florida ccl.

Hey CKenney,

As an instructor, I believe the CCLRB is violating the law by sending out multiple 30 day letters. I have already contacted my State Senator and State Representative about this issue. Being UBR for two years is ridiculous. I am meeting with my State Representative on the 26th to discuss this problem.

If you wouldn't mind, can you send me your personal information as I would like to give it to my Representative. Maybe he can help,or he might even contact you.

KING

The law says that the objection submitted must include any and all information relevant to the objection. This point was even discussed at a judiciary committee hearing before the FCCA was even enacted.

There is zero reason that the review board should be waiting for anything.

If there's not enough info to support and validate the objection, it should be overturned immediately and put back into the queue for further processing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

The law says that the objection submitted must include any and all information relevant to the objection. This point was even discussed at a judiciary committee hearing before the FCCA was even enacted.

There is zero reason that the review board should be waiting for anything.

If there's not enough info to support and validate the objection, it should be overturned immediately and put back into the queue for further processing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Exactly This ^^^^^^^^

Well said

And they haven't told you what the objection is for? Do you have a foid?

I've had a foid for 20 yrs. And my Florida ccl.

Hey CKenney,

As an instructor, I believe the CCLRB is violating the law by sending out multiple 30 day letters. I have already contacted my State Senator and State Representative about this issue. Being UBR for two years is ridiculous. I am meeting with my State Representative on the 26th to discuss this problem.

If you wouldn't mind, can you send me your personal information as I would like to give it to my Representative. Maybe he can help,or he might even contact you.

KING

The CCLRB is clearly violating the statute with the multiple 30 day letters and I believe the problem is finally being addressed but will it take time to process the current backlog.

That being said, please do share the info with your representative, the more voices we have shedding light on this problem, the better.

Unbelievable the wait times have gotten LONGER!

I had to wait 19 months and when I got my letter saying my CCW

was finally approved, it said something like "we have come to a decision that

you are no longer a danger to yourself or others"

What the hey!!!? Total BS! Total BS!

Molly, the backlog could be cleared up quickly. If they do as Glock 23 said. If there is insufficient evidence to support the objection it should be immediately approved.

This is true and it is our position, if a law enforcement agency does not object enough to provide all the information requested within the 30 day additional time requested by the board, then the board should immediately approve the applicant.

I posted a message # 204 that I believe Darts actions violate, Color of Law Violations, all I asked was fill it out I would do the rest ! Not one reply...The groups in this country who STICK together get things done, but not us, people who want what they should be allowed because we all lack balls !!

Stop crying to Molly, fill out the damn form and send it to me ! If you do not want to stand up for yourself you do not deserve the right to ask someone to stand up for you. I filed an 8 page complaint with the DOJ, I hope they tack some action. The more complaints the better.

Remember, Cook County is not a friend of Washington Now ..

I posted a message # 204 that I believe Darts actions violate, Color of Law Violations, all I asked was fill it out I would do the rest ! Not one reply...The groups in this country who STICK together get things done, but not us, people who want what they should be allowed because we all lack balls !!

Stop crying to Molly, fill out the damn form and send it to me ! If you do not want to stand up for yourself you do not deserve the right to ask someone to stand up for you. I filed an 8 page complaint with the DOJ, I hope they tack some action. The more complaints the better.

Remember, Cook County is not a friend of Washington Now ..

I understand your frustration, I am glad that you are pursuing relief through legal action. I am really surprised there hasn't been a class action suit filed by everyone here that has been under board review outside the time frame as required by law.

As an FYI, I am also making my State Representative and Senator aware of your course of action. Hopefully this motivates our elected officials to address this issue with a little more urgency.

I will say this. After calling the offices of my elected officials, I don't think they know how bad this problem actually is. Good luck

KING

Do you want anyone who is a CCL holder or applicant to fill out the form, or only those who have applied and are under board review?

Do you want anyone who is a CCL holder or applicant to fill out the form, or only those who have applied and are under board review?

More is better..Dart acts with his " Blanket Objections " I believe are unconstitutional. This CCL board believes they cannot be sued, they are wrong.The statue is clear Willful & Wanton actions make them liable, what could be more clear than citizens waiting two years ? Every member on this blog fill out this form even if you received you're license on time.Please help support us real "criminals " who got stopped in Crook County in the last 17 years. If I get enough complaints they will be Fed ex to the DOJ, and a package will go to the White House, my gift..We should not allow these actions to continue by a guy who never arrested anyone !

• 2 weeks later...

For those who are in situation, I provide this post for the benefit of those who need to prove why they deserve their CCL. As of June 2017, I received a letter from the CCLRB and checked my CCL status online stating why the Chicago PD objected to my CCL. The CPD went as far back as 1988 and pulled up my arrest and charge record since 1988. All my convictions were either dismissed or dropped but my arrests and charges were still available on my record. This is why CHIRAQ PD objected 17 times to my CCL. To fix this, the CCLRB requested information from me to prove why I should receive my CCL. I submitted all pertinent information that was in my favor in June via the ISP Website for their consideration. As a result, I got APPROVED for my CCL as of July 12, 2017 and receive my CCL 5 days later! :) :) :)

I had to submit proof that I was more than capable to receive my CCL by supplying my NRA Instructor credentials (I teach every basic course except the reloading disciplines), NRA Level 1 Coaching credentials (Rifle and Shotgun), DD-214 military discharge papers, Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations unarmed and armed security certifications (revolver, semi-automatic, shotgun, and tactical rifle), my current peace officer exemption status for my Illinois PERC card, and my USATaekwondo coaching credentials (to prove that I am not a sexual predator) and other martial arts instructor credentials.With all this proof that I submitted, I'm surprised that they didn't ask for my body parts!

More is better..Dart acts with his " Blanket Objections " I believe are unconstitutional. This CCL board believes they cannot be sued, they are wrong.The statue is clear Willful & Wanton actions make them liable, what could be more clear than citizens waiting two years ? Every member on this blog fill out this form even if you received you're license on time.Please help support us real "criminals " who got stopped in Crook County in the last 17 years. If I get enough complaints they will be Fed ex to the DOJ, and a package will go to the White House, my gift..We should not allow these actions to continue by a guy who never arrested anyone !

Any news?

You filed late June!

Over a month since the Federal Lawsuit was filed, any case numbers yet?

Any scheduled dates?

Any replies yet?

Just looking for your updates

Archived