Indiana Convention Center (NRA Convention)

robinp

I was encouraged to read the following regarding this week's NRA Convention in Indy:

Firearms Carry: During the 143rd NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits the carry of personal firearms will be permitted in the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium with the proper license in accordance with Indiana law. When carrying your firearm, always adhere to all Federal, state and local laws.

Perhaps other Convention Halls that want 80,000 people and all the business that comes with that will come aboard once we have more gun friendly convention halls to choose from. The last two years (Texas and STL) didn't allow carry in the host building. This seems like a good sign. Not sure if previous location have allowed carry beyond 3 years ago so perhaps this isn't a first, still good news.

I was encouraged to read the following regarding this week's NRA Convention in Indy:

Firearms Carry: During the 143rd NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits the carry of personal firearms will be permitted in the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium with the proper license in accordance with Indiana law. When carrying your firearm, always adhere to all Federal, state and local laws.

Perhaps other Convention Halls that want 80,000 people and all the business that comes with that will come aboard once we have more gun friendly convention halls to choose from. The last two years (Texas and STL) didn't allow carry in the host building. This seems like a good sign. Not sure if previous location have allowed carry beyond 3 years ago so perhaps this isn't a first, still good news.

CC was off-limits in STL because of local STL ordinances/regulations. The city of STL specifically prohibits the carrying of firearms at the America's Center Convention Complex. Per MO State law, local municipalities can regulate CC in buildings they control.

ETA: However, if you are "caught" carrying, they have to ask you to leave before they involve the po-po

Andrew Branca will be talking about Stand Your Ground there! I saw him at Lawson Handgun Institute last week, I HIGHLY recommend it! Half way through his book Law of Self Defense, there are many vital things to know about the implications of being a carry person that go against the conventional wisdom, sometimes conventional wisdom is dead wrong and you don't want to have to pay the penalty for it in the legal arena. Andrew is a great advocate for those of us who are concerned with self-defense.

http://lawofselfdefense.com/

Oh and Andrew has a promotional discount going on through the convention. It's a tribute to a pundit you may know who took a bet (via Skype live at his debate at Berkeley) that Zimmerman wasn't ordered to stay in his vehicle. She's since blocked him on Twitter and welched on the bet. :D

Andrew Branca, LOSD@LawSelfDefense 18m

Man, books are flying out the door with the "@SunnyHostin" discount code. 25% off, through NRA Annual Meeting (ends Sunday)

Andrew Branca will be talking about Stand Your Ground there! I saw him at Lawson Handgun Institute last week, I HIGHLY recommend it! Half way through his book Law of Self Defense, there are many vital things to know about the implications of being a carry person that go against the conventional wisdom, sometimes conventional wisdom is dead wrong and you don't want to have to pay the penalty for it in the legal arena. Andrew is a great advocate for those of us who are concerned with self-defense.

http://lawofselfdefense.com/

+1

Here is the first 6 minutes of the Berkeley debate.

On a slightly related line, one of my co-workers went to the convention with her Significant Other, was very impressed and almost amazed with all the different guns displayed, but was also covered with bed-bug bites. They stayed at a "quality, big name" hotel/motel type place.....

Ya never know......

On a slightly related line, one of my co-workers went to the convention with her Significant Other, was very impressed and almost amazed with all the different guns displayed, but was also covered with bed-bug bites. They stayed at a "quality, big name" hotel/motel type place.....

Ya never know......

Always check for bed bugs! Lift up the sheets and look on the mattress around the rim.

Archived