Mundelein mayor: I have COVID-19 virus

Mr. Fife

Mundelein Mayor Steve Lentz on Monday announced he has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus -- making him the first municipal leader in the Northwest suburbs to publicly reveal that diagnosis.

Lentz told the Daily Herald his wife, Michelle, also tested positive for the disease.

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20200323/mundelein-mayor-i-have-covid-19-virus

2% of 200,000,000 is....

That is how many Americans will have had this in a year based on the science models. For folks over 60-65 the rate is several orders of magnitude higher.

Clear thinking is not in some people's wheelhouse.

We'll certainly see when this is all said and done. Models are just that- models. The stats won't be "exponential" forever- the line on the graph will become less steep and eventually flatten. Your stats might happen, might not... I tend to be less pessimistic.

Anyway, if your opinion is that I am not thinking clearly that's fine.

The disease is being spread through mail and packages.

They have already proven it can survive for 17 days now on surfaces. A person sneezes , touches or coughs in a box and in 2-3 days its halfway across the country being opened. Don't just consider the cardboard outside of the box.

This is not rocket science. Most packing is made of plastic. This virus is getting into areas of the country in places it really shouldn't if it were just by physical contact etc.... Why haven't they addressed this yet?

Proof of how long the virus lasts

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/23/cdc-coronavirus-survived-in-princess-cruise-cabins-up-to-17-days-after-passengers-left.html

They have already proven it can survive for 17 days now on surfaces. A person sneezes , touches or coughs in a box and in 2-3 days its halfway across the country being opened. Don't just consider the cardboard outside of the box.

This is not rocket science. Most packing is made of plastic. This virus is getting into areas of the country in places it really shouldn't if it were just by physical contact etc.... Why haven't they addressed this yet?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/23/cdc-coronavirus-survived-in-princess-cruise-cabins-up-to-17-days-after-passengers-left.html

To play devil’s advocate, there is a difference between RNA tracing of the virus giving a positive on a surface test swab, and actually being a viable contagion specimen. I mean at that point, why are we even staying home, killing the economy, destroying people’s livelihoods? If the thing is VIABLE after 17-19 days then we’re all hosed anyway. Most of the scientific papers I have read say VIABLE on cardboard for around 24hrs. This is also dependent on environmental constraints as well. Just my $.02

Looking the map of cases in small rural counties, I can see how mail and packages would explain the contagion. But the peak in the U.S. is months past the December holiday cards-and-packages season. Large numbers in the U.S. started peaking in March, perhaps coinciding with people returning from winter travel vacations, cruises, Spring break, Super Bowl, Mardi Gras and St Patrick's Day gatherings, etc.

Or, maybe the virus is carried on U.S. Census mailings (the tin foil hat theory).

Looking the map of cases in small rural counties, I can see how mail and packages would explain the contagion. But the peak in the U.S. is months past the December holiday cards-and-packages season. Large numbers in the U.S. started peaking in March, perhaps coinciding with people returning from winter travel vacations, cruises, Spring break, Super Bowl, Mardi Gras and St Patrick's Day gatherings, etc.

Or, maybe the virus is carried on U.S. Census mailings (the tin foil hat theory).

​i did get 2 of those census mailing back to back days.... it all makes sense now!

• 2 weeks later...

The canvas bags perhaps and transferred from trash can to leather garbage man glove to trash can to hand to face. But probably not, as we the percentage of deaths well beneath flu rates, approximately 16xs less deadly than the flu with the latest numbers.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Just because the virus was found on surfaced after 17 days doesn't mean the virus was still viable. Just that the genetic material was present.

After 17 days, I wouldn't expect to find a "viable" virus either. The longest I had heard of viable samples was only ~72 hours (3 days) and that was on stainless steel.

Archived