Lemont (House District 82) Right to Carry Town Hall Meeting - Fri. Apr. 27

Molly B.

Right to Carry

Town Hall Meeting

Friday, April 27, 2012

7:00-9:00 pm

Lemont Township Community Center

16300 Alba St. (Just off I-355 at 127th)

Lemont, IL

This meeting will be taking place in House District 82 which includes: Lemont, Burr Ridge, Willowbrook, and Homer Glen area.

We will need LOTS of help getting fliers posted EVERYWHERE. Please download the flier and post in all the likely places, then all the unlikely places!!

Lemont.pdf

Sure wish I had seen this yesterday.

I was fishing the Lemont Quarries and had a pleasant conversation with a Lemont LEO + one of the nicest Conservation (game Warden) Police officers I have ever met. Both young men are ALL for CCW in Illinois.

I will be handing out fliers at the Des Plaines River Anglers Association meeting tonight At 7PM at

The Outpost

14929 Archer Ave

Lockport

I will try to get the name and phone # of the outdoor person on the Joliet radio station. I think he will help also.

Isn't Jim Durkin (one of the 3 supposed Republicans / Conservatives who voted Against HB 148) the rep for 82nd???

Has he been invited??? Dare he show???

I don't know if he's been invited but he does have a PRO-2A opponent:

http://www.electlaura.org/

Dang it - I forgot about that! :thumbsup:

She LOST the primary though :hyper:

Isn't Jim Durkin (one of the 3 supposed Republicans / Conservatives who voted Against HB 148) the rep for 82nd???

Now isn't that quite a coincidence that we would plan a town hall meeting in this district?! :thumbsup: How about that?!

We need some help in distributing fliers at the Metra Western Springs station and in the Western Springs area of Burlington Ave. south to 55th St. and from I-294 east to Hwy.45.

Any volunteers?

Now isn't that quite a coincidence that we would plan a town hall meeting in this district?! :thumbsup: How about that?!

We need some help in distributing fliers at the Metra Western Springs station and in the Western Springs area of Burlington Ave. south to 55th St. and from I-294 east to Hwy.45.

Any volunteers?

I think I can take care of that.

Would someone double check the address/directions for this event. I don't live in Lemont any longer, but my parents still do. My Dad wants to attend, but he's getting 2 different addresses for the location of this building. One when he clicks into the link..........and another when he googled the name of the building just because he'd never heard of it.

I grew up in Lemont, and have never heard of Alba St. either.

Thanks.

I called the township and Alba is a new street.

It is just east of I355 - 1 block north of 127th street.

I was told there is a stoplight on 127th street east of I355 at Timberline Dr. with Peppers Auto repair on the corner. Turn north on Timberline and then take the first left turn onto Alba.

Hope that helps.

I called the township and Alba is a new street.

It is just east of I355 - 1 block north of 127th street.

I was told there is a stoplight on 127th street east of I355 at Timberline Dr. with Peppers Auto repair on the corner. Turn north on Timberline and then take the first left turn onto Alba.

Hope that helps.

Lou, that helps hugely. Thanks a bunch. Dads gonna gather a few folks to attend with him.

I'm still amazed each time I visit the P's on how much Lemont has changed. You used to be able to hunt in and around Lemont. Not so much any longer...........sad, very sad.

Now isn't that quite a coincidence that we would plan a town hall meeting in this district?! :o How about that?!

Any volunteers?

I think I can take care of that.

Done today. I hit the two La Grange stations and the Western Spring station plus posted some in local shopping centers/grocery stores.

I do have a sneaking feeling that the ones I posted around the WS station plus the pile I left inside disappeared as soon as I left. The person working in the station was giving me some major league stink-eye. :brr:

I'm planning on hitting as much as I can in some of the shopping centers around Willowbrook and Darien. Dominick's and Caribou Coffee no longer have bulletin boards, but Jewel does.

I filled out the special form at the Indian Prairie Library to get it posted on the community events bulletin board. I have to go confirm that it was approved :Drunk emoticon: . I guess they do that to keep from people spamming the BBs.

Got a pile of fliers and a stapler in the car. Maybe that's what the kids and I can do some more of in the morning.

I added the Lemont RTC Town Hall Meeting on the Event Board of both the Darien Patch and Lemont Patch.

Any word yet on whether or not Durkin will be attending???

Don't know yet, but if he does I will be reminding everyone how important it is that we welcome him to hear

our side of the issue.

To attack or be rude to him will not work in our favor. I hope he will come and we can show him the people in

his new district support this issue!

I added the Lemont RTC Town Hall Meeting on the Event Board of both the Darien Patch and Lemont Patch.

Any word yet on whether or not Durkin will be attending???

Don't know yet, but if he does I will be reminding everyone how important it is that we welcome him to hear

our side of the issue.

To attack or be rude to him will not work in our favor. I hope he will come and we can show him the people in

his new district support this issue!

No worry. I have been practicing holding my tongue. If he doesn't see the light and come to our side though we need to find an independent to challenge him in the general election!!!

Archived