So I just got a call demanding my entire student roster

A call from whom, the ISP? Are you sure it was the ISP and not a scammer or some sort anti gunners fishing for info?

This. I'd think the ISP would send a formal letter rather than just a phone call.

Well when you get in a car wreck and and move out of state..... none of my other contact info is still good.

Doesn't ISP know who has a CCL?

Thats kinda my point

The Instructor who originally posted this on a Facebook group received a call back from ISP and the email/request is legit. They are also contacting Instructors whos credentials are close to expiring or expired to see what their intentions are.

Why do they care? If I am a registered instructor and have jumped through the hoops what difference does it make what my intentions are? I either renew my credentials or expire as a registered instructor. Is there someting inbetween?

By contacting Instructors about their credentials they are trying to protect students eligibility. If an Instructor quits teaching and let their credentials expire then they go on the revoked list. Any student training certificates sent in after this would be denied because their Instructor is revoked.

By contacting Instructors about their credentials they are trying to protect students eligibility. If an Instructor quits teaching and let their credentials expire then they go on the revoked list. Any student training certificates sent in after this would be denied because their Instructor is revoked.

Did I misunderstand? Should not certificates be valid during the time frames the Instructors had a valid license?

According to the Facebook post ISP stated that if they knew an Instructor didn’t renew their credentials because they quit teaching then ISP would accept the certificate. They are contacting Instructors to help students.

I doubt they would do ANYTHING to help students. This sounds like someone has an agenda going.

It would make more sense to list the instructor's certification as expired and allow any certificate with an issue date prior to that.

Does anything happen with already active licenses under an instructor if they decide to leave the business?

As long as they left under proper terms there shouldn't be any concerns.

It would make more sense to list the instructor's certification as expired and allow any certificate with an issue date prior to that.

Does anything happen with already active licenses under an instructor if they decide to leave the business?

I Hope not. I know his class that I was in was legit. No time shorting or material skipping.

Archived