Firearm in Hotel - Downer's Grove, IL

Odyssey Firearms

I will be heading to Downer's Grove in about a month for a few days. I live in Iowa and am an NRA Training Counselor/Instructor and do Iowa, Utah, and Arizona permit to carry courses.

My background out of the way, from my understanding of the Illinois law, I can transport my firearms as long as they are not loaded and in a case. I will be transporting them once in Illinois in a locked case in the trunk. However, I also read that I can have it in a hotel and loaded as long as the city/town/village does not have a firearm restriction ordinance. Can someone point me in the direction of this for Downer's Grove? Do they have laws in place to restrict firearms? Is this available in a PDF format somewhere? Thanks for all the help and I look forward to reading the forum and catching up with the challenges you guys and gals are facing in Illinois.

Thank you for all of the responses. I will give the Downer's Grove law a look over and go from there. I don't know if it is different in Illinois but would a hotel/motel not qualify as your place of residence for the night? I believe there is some case law out there recognizing this as so. Maybe even to the point where hotels/motels can not restrict the possession of a firearm in your room. I may be mistaken.

Archived